DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I can't think of a single move that people fuck up more than that. If only everyone was Dustin Runnels...

I think the WWE bans proper bulldogs, so people do them Jericho-style as that's the version that is allowed.

I have joked on here for years now that kayfabe died for me when I found out that Maneukea Mossman was just some dude and not a gimmick wrestler based on the He-Man character, and over the last page, I thank those of you that have made me feel the most "not alone" I have ever felt on this board.

That, and kayfabe also died for me when ICP's Fat Fuck Barrel Boy took the barrel off before wrestling his match.

• Like 3

Remember Scotty too Hotty's set up move for the Worm? The leaping double handed head shove thing? They never named that move. It was always just called Modified Bulldog. And in this case, modified is the polite word for shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AxB said:

Remember Scotty too Hotty's set up move for the Worm? The leaping double handed head shove thing? They never named that move. It was always just called Modified Bulldog. And in this case, modified is the polite word for shite.

It's only a bulldog if it comes from the Bouledouge region of France, otherwise it's just a sparkling facebuster.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14

Man I watched a lot of Taiyo Keo matches because I was a really big Mutoh PuroLove AJ mark. I even watched his 60 minute draw with SUWAMA.

He's "good hand" good, but not "inspire you to buy a ticket" good.

• Like 7

Just now, jaedmc said:

Man I watched a lot of Taiyo Keo matches because I was a really big Mutoh PuroLove AJ mark. I even watched his 60 minute draw with SUWAMA.

This a fair description. There is a reason his best matches are generally tags.

6 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

An earlier version of Goto as it were...

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

An earlier version of Goto as it were...

Honestly, Goto was a bit more exciting and interesting than Kea. He was also better in the ring. Goto should have least been champ over Makabe.

• Like 1

I remember reading about Maunakea Mossman in old Death Valley Drivers and my imagination running wild of this Swamp Thing-themed luchadore wrestling Kawada. I was bummed when I saw what he really looked like, the name change was a good call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Hopefully he would have teamed with Solomon Grundy. 

I still hope to live long enough to see someone do a Solomon Grundy gimmick in wrestling.

Quick follow up regarding Charlotte (and this is combination of reporting from PWI, Pro Wrestling Sheet and others)

Apparently in addition to the surgery - it is being done to coincide with that she asked to take time off

So the word on the street is that she will not be back until Rumble

(obviously things could definitely change with that last part)

14 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I still hope to live long enough to see someone do a Solomon Grundy gimmick in wrestling.

Mike Shaw played him in Mexico.

Edit:. I fucked that up.  But he was a character in Mexico

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Thanks 1