DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hasn’t Shayna vanished too?

Yes in that she hasn't been on TV since the 2nd Nattie match

However that seems to lineup with Heyman starting to be pushed out then her choosing to stop working tapings

She was on the Bump last week

• Thanks 1

Mia Yim apparently found out about the Covid case based on a viewer on her Twitch stream telling her.  

Boy oh boy, the WWE better have a ridiculously good 'hold harmless' clause in their contracts....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Mia Yim apparently found out about the Covid case based on a viewer on her Twitch stream telling her.  

Boy oh boy, the WWE better have a ridiculously good 'hold harmless' clause in their contracts....

Don't worry, my friend. They're working on those retroactive COVID-19 waivers as we speak.

SRS, Meltzer, and others are also reporting that up until now, WWE wrestlers and staff weren't even tested beyond a temperature check and people with elevated temperatures were still allowed in.

Way to go WWE. Fucking dumb. It would have been easy for Vince to pay out of pocket or the company's coffers or whatever to have everyone at least get privatized testing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - no one will do anything

Not when you have folks like Mojo

“Why is everybody freaking out about this. ...I’ve shoved plenty of stuff up my nose, with no problem. Jesus, my Zubaz don’t fit me anymore. Looks like I went from a 38 to a 46.”

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It blows my mind that known germaphobes like McMahon, and Trump act like nothing is wrong.

Nothing is wrong with them personally = Nothing is wrong

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Just when you think Vince/WWE can't stoop any lower, he finds a new way to. For talent to find out on social media. Talent should take a stand what with this, the Black Wednesday firings and the Struggle in Saudi last year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It blows my mind that known germaphobes like McMahon, and Trump act like nothing is wrong.

I always got the impression that with Vince, sneezes weren't about germs so much as about a lack of complete control over your physical form. The involuntary nature of it and that being a sign of weakness. I wonder how he feels about hiccups. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Because they also have a shitty tough guy mentality where masks and shit like that show weakness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can somebody just tell Vince he can make a shitload of money selling wrestler-branded masks and advertise them by having people wear them on the show? I feel like his greed would overwhelm his shittiness.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All Main Street Media coverage is good coverage right???

Well it's only fucking mid-June. Better late than never for shit they could have done back in March.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Can somebody just tell Vince he can make a shitload of money selling wrestler-branded masks and advertise them by having people wear them on the show? I feel like his greed would overwhelm his shittiness.

You can buy wrestler themed face masks on wwe.com:

https://shop.wwe.com/search?q=masks&lang=en_US

Edited by The Natural

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

You'd think so!  I mean, I'm officially No Longer Young and one of the reasons wearing masks has been so easy for me is because I have several that Look Cool.  Fashion companies have already adjusted to the new reality by making and selling "stylish" ones because they recognize a profitable niche when they see one and, like The Dread Pirate Westley predicted, they are terrifically comfortable and everyone will be wearing them in the future, even when we no longer "need" to, because they'll be as much a part of normal fashion as hats or ties.

And come on now, it's not like WWE hasn't signed up luchadores for years just for the easy merchandise tie-in of selling replicas of the very cool stylized masks they wear (it certainly hasn't been to actually push any of them or because they saw a Money Drawing Championship Feud in any of them)

But alas, if this were true, if Vince greed truly did overwhelm Vince ego, we'd be in Year 18 of a functional, healthy, profitable, independently operated WCW that most of us would have by now forgotten was still owned by WWE in the first place.  And we'd still happily chitter to ourselves about how The WWF/WCW Invasion was the greatest long-term storyline in wrestling history & how it made every dream match come true.

Instead, we've had 2 XFL's, neither of which made it to Year 2.

Vince will happily leave money on the table rather than admit his idea is a loser or someone else's idea is a winner.  And it's too late now for a cynical "Get The F Out!" style PR campaign to get in front of this and convince people that WWE wrestlers are wearing masks of their own volition.

• Like 1

The WWE did a great job selection the "fans" who were at the tapings last night (aka friends of the wrestlers) because they are all willing to carry the company's  water

Thread as the kids would say

(I especially point out the part where they say the would happily attend a taping again)

Yeah, so about that six feet rule:

Now if you want to split hairs and say it was just for their entrance then fine.  But considering MD is IMO doing it right regarding restrictions seeing Florida not give a shit just infuriates me.

And I don't want to go all pro-AEW but while it's understandable why them doing shows there is an issue at least they actually test for COVID.  The fact that WWE has shittons of money and can't be bothered all this time to do that is inexcusable.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

So, which superstars get their covid tests filmed for airing on Smackdown or Raw?

Oh Braun would be perfect "get these tests"   Somehow the film Hardy's and he tests positive but it's for alcohol. Sheamus tampered with his test and they have the first ever face mask on a pole match. It's WWE style though so you have to grab the face mask and put it  on your opponent to win. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1