DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

To post something positive today to balance out my earlier doo-doo posts lol, I'm actually going to tune into Raw tonight. A vague spoiler making the rounds has me pumped.

Spoiler

It sure sounds like they're alluding to someone on the indefinitely injured list getting... one more match. Hope it's true. One of my favorite workers. Especially if it's against Orton. They are each other's best opponents.

• Haha 1

I am so, so, so tired of "coward" being a trigger word in WWE. Every time I hear it like it's supposed to be the Royal Flush of all insults it makes me want to punch a wall repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peck said:

I am so, so, so tired of "coward" being a trigger word in WWE. Every time I hear it like it's supposed to be the Royal Flush of all insults it makes me want to punch a wall repeatedly.

Backstory: R D Evans (the guy who got fired from WWE because Bret mentioned Vince) challenged Orange Cassidy in a title versus career match at Americanrana '19. Cassidy won in five seconds. Evans decided that wasn't fair and demanded a do-over rematch, but Orange walked away. And then this:

Edited by AxB
Name wrong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

The BEST in-ring thing Road Dogg ever did was avalanche-piledriving the 1-2-3 Kid, getting a three-count, and then dancing out of the ring to go check on Jeff Jarrett's mic for Jarrett's musical performance. 

Holy shit, it was great. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the whole match, but here's the piledriver, at least:

• Like 5

Hmmmm. After a series of naps I think I have this:

1. Dumpster: New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie 

2. Road Dogg vs Gand Master Sexay (great dancing from both)

3. Cage: New Age Outlaws vs Hardy Boyz

4. Hardcore: Road Dogg vs Gangrel

5. New Age Outlaws vs Rock n Sock Connection 

I haven’t seen a lot of his Roadie days. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I thought Road Dogg was in that ppv hardcore match in Memphis vs Al Snow, but it turns out he was taken out of the match in angle before hand and the match was snow vs bob holly. 

That's when Al had to do the J-O-B to B-O-B at the P-P-V...I think that's how Road Dogg put it.

• Like 1

Survivor Series 96 is on FS1 tomorrow (because it was The Rock's debut)... while I know there's some good matches on the card (Bret/Austin and Sid/Shawn)... Survivor Series 96 seems less likely to be replayed on cable than SS97 or SS98. Maybe it might take too much effort to replay Russo-era PPVs on cable?

Also, wonder if they'll just quietly cut out the Snuka match even if they have a 4 hour slot for the show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

What’s the over/under on the hatred Nick Gage probably has for cops/anyone in an authoritative position?

He's a guy I could see selling the sticker.  Sanjay Dutt gave me a "free Nick Gage" shirt years ago while he was in jail.  Sanjay kept saying that Gage being locked up was an injustice. 

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Shitty way to find out.

Florida has supposedly had a surge in Corona cases.  My office has been staggering us back in, every other day we go in with groups of 6.  2 of my co-workers decided to vacation in Florida (they are there now)  they will then come back to the office and we will have to risk getting the virus. Kind of scary to be honest. Just because places are open doesn't mean people need to rush right to them.  

• Like 1