DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/27/2020

15 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I just don't see how they can get a return on the crazy amount of money they have to be paying him for anything more than a guest appearance like we saw at the ppv. And he's close to announcing his fight too, so it seems unlikely to be stretched out to Labour Day weekend. On the one hand, Tyson is hotter now than he has been since the '90s but I don't get the financial part of it unless it's building to a ppv match. 

Haven't even watched the show. Going to soon but I saw a pic of whatever or whomever the fuck that was accompanying Tyson in the face paint. Like whoa. Whut? 

It’s funny that they didn’t mention a date for this show. Clearly waiting until they get the OK to sell tickets to the public.

I believe the conspiracy.  What better way to keep Britt from showcasing that shitty superkick than to have Shida and Kris drop Nyla Rose on Britt's knee?

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

On the plus side, Jungle Boy wins the battle royal after telegraphing MJF wining. Nice!

On the minus side, after beating Darby Allin twice and drawing once, Cody gets to beat another young guy touted as a future star.  Holy shit.  

Oh no, don’t let Southside Jim know! 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s funny that they didn’t mention a date for this show. Clearly waiting until they get the OK to sell tickets to the public.

All Out? They announced Sept 5th during the PPV. No location though. 

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I thought the woman’s match was real good. Christi Jaynes needs an angle.

AEW needs to sign Jaynes and the jobber that Nyla squashed a couple weeks back.  The chemistry between the contenders is pretty rough, but they all seem to have decent squashes or worked matches with indy ladies that know what they're doing.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The FTR debut was well done. They looked great too. I wonder how long they'll wait before doing the Bucks match, I would think All Out but maybe they really push it down the road.

Stoked for Cody/Jungle Boy. I think Perry is developing more and more before our eyes and I want to see what he can do after the MJF match. His match with Jericho in the Before Times was rad too. Him, Sammy, MJF, Darby, what a great future AEW is setting up for themselves, if they don't injure themselves first.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

AEW needs to sign Jaynes and the jobber that Nyla squashed a couple weeks back.  The chemistry between the contenders is pretty rough, but they all seem to have decent squashes or worked matches with indy ladies that know what they're doing.

Kenzie Paige.

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah JR kept saying “Later this summer”.

Yeah, I'm tempted to believe Khan knows something we all don't in regards to the return of live crowds due to being involved in the NFL, since he promised more information on Fyter Fest tonight at the media scrum after Double Or Nothing. But all we got was confirmation of Best Friends vs whoever the tag champions are by then.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

Also, was it Excalibur that threw out a "YERRRRP" when Santana was handing out chopped cheese? Whoever it was, somebody is a Desus & Mero fan.

He did another reference a couple of months ago as well. So he's quite alright with me. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I saw a pic of whatever or whomever the fuck that was accompanying Tyson in the face paint. Like whoa. Whut? 

Sean Ross Sapp says that was Mickey Gooch Jr, an actor and the ex-boyfriend of Rebel Wilson.

Matt Hardy helping out Quen to the back post-match is a nice attention to detail thing the company was having some issues with earlier on. They haven't eliminated all of those kind of little gaps in logic but they've gotten way better.

edit: I saw Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, and Henry Cejudo, UFC champions at one point all of them. Cejudo is an Olympic gold medalist and two division champion in UFC.

edit edit: I don't like Panama Butcher and Blade.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

so random footnotes:

Matt Hardy really should have gone deep into his "I make my own gear" days when he reverted all the way back to Surge/High Voltage.  He even busted out his lightning bolt hand thing.  True story, I remember Ted from NC bringing a video of the precursor the OMEGA to a ECW convention and watching young Matt Hardy and company doing crazy shit.  Needless to say, most of the crowd was pretty dismissive of them at that time.

The hidden easter egg of "Get your ear plugs ready" when Vicky came out to do the intro for the pep rally.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Matt Hardy helping out Quen to the back post-match is a nice attention to detail thing the company was having some issues with earlier on. They haven't eliminated all of those kind of little gaps in logic but they've gotten way better.

edit: I saw Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, and Henry Cejudo, UFC champions at one point all of them. Cejudo is an Olympic gold medalist and two division champion in UFC.

edit edit: I don't like Panama Butcher and Blade.

Apparently, Cejudo was gonna sign with WWE before he went to UFC and he's been wanting to go to WWE. Maybe WWE is not that high on getting ex and active UFC fighters after the Cain thing.