DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2020 - The Quest for the Cup!

Dolfan in NYC

T

11 hours ago, Jiji said:

CBC's intermission show has so many people on it, I keep staring at my phone worrying they're going to call me for my thoughts on the game too. 

The best part seems to be the video wall saying things like "please stand up for the 7th period stretch" and "we apologize if you had plans tonight"  ?

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tuukka Rask has opted out

He is leaving to be with his family (though the Bruins made sure to state that there is no emergency)

Boston won game 3 behind a strong effort from Halak.  I can't help but think Rask leaving like that is not going to play well in the locker room.  

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

Boston won game 3 behind a strong effort from Halak.  I can't help but think Rask leaving like that is not going to play well in the locker room.  

For what its worth

On Saturday, Rask's teammates were also vocal about their support of his decision to opt out.

"Obviously we're supporting him, we're behind him and we understand," Patrice Bergeron said. "Family comes first, we've always said that. We're a tight group in this locker room we've been together for a while and supporting each other so obviously we're thinking about him and we're supporting that decision."

I see some things haven't changed in my time away from hockey. Edwards is a Hawk Harrelson level homer and a piece of shit too (implied in the Hawk comparison). Boston can fuck right off. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Jack Edwards is a piece of trash. 

If you think he's a terrible hockey announcer you should've seen his work as the de facto announcer for USMNT matches. He was so awful he made Max Bretos look like Ray Hudson in comparison.

Just now, sabremike said:

If you think he's a terrible hockey announcer you should've seen his work as the de facto announcer for USMNT matches. He was so awful he made Max Bretos look like Ray Hudson in comparison.

Jack Edwards doing soccer sounds like the kind of hell even Satan would flee. 

• Like 2