DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2020 - The Quest for the Cup!

Dolfan in NYC

It's weird since it's August but I'm loving having hockey to watch. Lots of great action today so far. Also, TWO penalty shots in Pitt/Montreal. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, elizium said:

...and it looks like Scheifele blew out his ACL. Possibly from getting Matt Cooke-d by Tkachuk, but it is tough to tell on the replay. Hopefully it is not actually a blown out knee, but it looked pretty worse case scenario on the ice.

Looks like it was calf not knee. Tkachuk stabbed the back of his leg with his skate. Don't think it was intentional. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Looks like it was calf not knee. Tkachuk stabbed the back of his leg with his skate. Don't think it was intentional. 

I don't really think it was intentional either, just carelessness....but fuck man....what a bummer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, elizium said:

I don't really think it was intentional either, just carelessness....but fuck man....what a bummer

Well, Paul Maurice disagrees with both of us, citing the blue line camera angle we haven't seen.  I sure hope he's wrong.

Still no report on the actual injury, but he apparently managed to not suffer any major damage to his achilles. I'd still be shocked to see him at all the rest of the series with the Flames.

No real word on Laine either, other than that he is out for game 2.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oilers/Blackhawks is fun but why did Chicago suck so much in the regular season? 

No defense. Problems in forward depth. They aren't a particularly talented team save for a couple players, though they do have some very good young players coming along after they have been so bad for the last couple years.

More or less, they are the worst team in teh Central division.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Me, an Oilers fan that has been to the jungle many times, out loud: "You have got to be fucking kidding me. Are we really going to do this shit again?"

Don't worry, you'll get #1 overall for the 700th time. Kenny Holland should get you a nice 3rd line grinder with the pick. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tabe said:

Don't worry, you'll get #1 overall for the 700th time. Kenny Holland should get you a nice 3rd line grinder with the pick. 

If Botts was their GM he'd trade the pick for whomever the 3 worst players on the other team's roster are plus a first (which he would use to draft some garbage defenseman who isn't going to amount to shit while passing on a few all star level wings).

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The Leafs blowing a three goal lead gives me fuel to carry on, thank you.

Only way it would be better is if it was Mike Babcock having to explain gagging away a 3-goal lead.