DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2020 - The Quest for the Cup!

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not crazy about the color scheme but love the name. Will almost certainly buy a jersey (road white). Kraken was far and away the popular choice, glad that's what they went with. 

13 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I'm not crazy about the color scheme but love the name. Will almost certainly buy a jersey (road white). Kraken was far and away the popular choice, glad that's what they went with. 

And presumably no one to protest the name. ? 

Interesting in that the story I read (possibly on ESPN) was that they actually wanted Metropolitians as the ode to the original team but Bettman said no because he didn't want to have to rename the Divisions.

And apparently the color scheme was Adidas' doing

Of the 31 existing teams in the NHL, 16 have some shade of blue in the logo. Adidas, however, felt that the Kraken's combination -- as well as the red accents -- makes it unique both among NHL teams, and other blue-centered teams in the Seattle market.

2 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

People will think they are promoting binge drinking by naming the team after the shitty black rum

See?  You understand.

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Stole this from someone on ESPN (I think Pablo Torres) but Seattle fans should call themselves the Krakheads  ?

Been making that joke around these parts for months.  Along with referring to their arena as the krak-house.

Coyotes GM John Chayka has resigned

And you can tell by the release the team is not happy

"John Chayka has quit as the General Manager and President of Hockey Operations of the Arizona Coyotes. The Club is disappointed in his actions and his timing as the Coyotes prepare to enter the NHL's hub city of Edmonton, where the team will begin post-season play for the first time since 2012," said the team in a statement. "Chayka has chosen to quit on a strong and competitive team, a dedicated staff, and the Arizona Coyotes fans, the greatest fans in the NHL."

EDIT

According to Sportnet, the relationship between Chayka and the Coyotes became fractured when he sought a new opportunity outside the organization and then the team "resisted." According to a source, that opportunity may no longer be available to him.

Chakya released a counter-statement saying the ownership are a problem, basically.

All the usual media idiots are playing the "there goes the analytics darling" card even though it's been pointed out hundreds of times Chakya is seen in the analytics community as a snake oil salesman no one actually knew who he was.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, RIPPA said:

Coyotes GM John Chayka has resigned

And you can tell by the release the team is not happy

EDIT

Well, that's certainly unusual.  Wouldn't mind hearing the full story behind this.

2 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

It's really really nice to have meaningful hockey back.

What is this "meaningful hockey" you speak of? I haven't experienced any since April of 2011.

• Haha 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to NHL 2020 - The Quest for the Cup!

...and it looks like Scheifele blew out his ACL. Possibly from getting Matt Cooke-d by Tkachuk, but it is tough to tell on the replay. Hopefully it is not actually a blown out knee, but it looked pretty worse case scenario on the ice.