DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2020 - The Quest for the Cup!

Dolfan in NYC

Lowe is a weird one, but dynasties always get over-represented in all sport's Halls, so it's fine. I'm glad Wilson finally made it in. I feel like he was unfairly punished for years for not being Ray Bourque/Paul Coffey. Plus, you can make a great case for him as a builder as well, playoff failures aside, he has consistently made San Jose a contender.

There's at least 10 other guys from the list of 25 Down Goes Brown went through that should definitely get in as well.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

Gotta say... "Hall of Famer" was not exactly a phrase that came to mind when watching Hossa. Heckuva player though. Almost 1200 points. Probably deserving just not something I would've expected. 

The Key Arena has been renamed the Climate Pledge Arena and will have a bunch of green energy initiatives.  Most notably, the rink will be made from rainwater.  

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/25/21303532/amazon-seattle-nhl-climate-pledge-arena-environment

Also note, CPA is a cute way for Amazon to hide their name since they are alternating between most liked/most hated company in the country, depending on the day.

south-elev-final-ar.jpg

• Like 2

The draft lottery played out in the most hilarious way possible.

8 Buffalo

7 New Jersey

6 Anaheim

5 Ottawa

4 Detroit

3 Ottawa

2 Los Angeles

1 A yet to be determined team from the play-in round

Folks, the Oilers are still alive. The Undertaker has nothing on us.

I have never bought into lottery conspiracies but THIS? You'd have an easier time convincing me Epstein killed himself than that this wasn't a complete hippodrome.

Edited by sabremike

There are rumblings that the NHL might be reconsidering using Vegas as one of the HUB cities - since the city couldn't keep their shit together and its one of the places were the infection rate is going back up.

Bill Daly is saying no no all 5 cities are still in it (Vegas, Toronto, Edmonton, Chicago and LA). Vancouver withdrew due a number of new positive tests.

I mean there is no way they can use LA now too.

But Daly was all "no decision to coming soon" yet they expect the NHLPA to approve the plan without knowing where they are going.

Right....

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I thought Vancouver was eliminated because they wouldn't bend on giving leeway to the league? We are doing peachy here, relatively speaking. 

The story I was reading phrased it as this - take it for what it is worth

Vancouver recently took themselves out of the running due to the number of positive tests that would delay/end the return and the flow of people inside/outside the bubble.

With the absence of anything else going on, more HUB CITY DRAMA~!

LA is officially out of the running due to the aforementioned increase of COVID-19 cases. And for the same reason - Vegas is no longer the front runner.

In fact, the NHL is now supposedly strongly considering that both Hub cities be in Canada

There are like 8451 steps between here and then but reportedly the new CBA continues the language that NHL players would be eligible to play in the 2022 and 2026 Winter Olympics

• Like 1

While tons of stuff can go wrong, the NHL using this stretch to try to keep labor peace while the MLB is blowing up, and taking there time to see how the virus would change things and using the data as it got closer to pick there venues, when the NBA commutes to Orlando waaaaay too early are two positive notes for the league. I would say I’m confident that they have handled this entire COVID situation the best by a wide margin of the major spots in NA.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

And I don't think anybody saw that coming. Toronto is doing better but still dicey but it's better than anywhere in the States except places that don't have the necessary buildings.