DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: In Your House (June 7, 2020)

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Main event was great.

Mens title match was an interesting take, filmed more in the Piper/Goldust style with the live commentary. But both guys felt like lame ducks until Kross squashes them in three months. Dream in particular needs a lot of help.

Dream is getting the call up soon. ??‍♂️

The biggest negative I have with the brawl was the lighting seemed terrible.  Like it actually looked like it was lit by the headlights of cars.  Which might look great in a live setting it really doesn't work on TV I think

By the way Karrion Kross is a star and should be a future NXT champion.   Hopefully he never leaves the NXT though

• Like 1

Pettengill is still awesome.

What was up with the bell ringing all night? Almost sounded like they had someone new doing it. Sounded really weird and tentative. You can even see Rhea look over like "what the fuck was that?" during the ring announcements.

Edited by Peck
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Pettingill was all I wanted to see tonight... Dok Hendrix's head shot was just icing on the cake.

And of course changing the temperature to 69 degrees 

All of the In your House references was great

1.  Regal doing a horrible Lord Alfred Hayes impersonation

2.  Adam Cole of all people doing an ICOPRO commercial

3.  D-X renacting the "I still don't know how a computer works" thing that Michaels did back in the old days

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also I hope I wasn't the only person who thought Keith Lee was definitely jobbing when he wore the Black Lives Matter gear.  I thought Gargano was winning anyway but really got worried.   Especially since I figure they would finally pull the trigger on Dream with the title

Glad that I was so wrong on most of the major matches  

• Like 1

Didn’t watch the show, but am I seeing this correctly?  Charlotte wins the NXT title by beating Rhea...then loses the title because Rhea got beat?  LOL WUT

So, presumably, Charlotte is now heading back to the main roster, not only having not helped NXT’s ratings or prestige one iota, but also putting over absolutely no one and killing off the brand’s red-hot female star in the process.  Top-notch stuff.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, EVA said:

Didn’t watch the show, but am I seeing this correctly?  Charlotte wins the NXT title by beating Rhea...then loses the title because Rhea got beat?  LOL WUT

So, presumably, Charlotte is now heading back to the main roster, not only having not helped NXT’s ratings or prestige one iota, but also putting over absolutely no one and killing off the brand’s red-hot female star in the process.  Top-notch stuff.

I’m sure the women getting their first Takeover main event in five years was just a coincidence, too. ?

6-women tag was fun despite being off at times. Raquel and Shotzi feel like the best women in NXT out of the ones who weren't main eventing tonight.

Paid little attention to Balor/Priest. What I saw looked decent enough.

Lee/Gargano was generally good. Gargano adapted well enough as sneaky piece of shit heel taking whatever cheap shot and shortcut he could to get and keep advantage. Still, Gargano was never going to be able to keep a super amount of interest when in control and this went a little long.

The brawl did little for me. I don't think it played to Cole or Dream's strengths.

Kross/Ciampa was a good showcase/competitive squash. Kross doesn't quite come across as a legit star already to me, but this definitely helped.

Main event was easily MOTN and great. Loved seeing Io take the victory. Charlotte getting pinned in triple threat wouldn't have meant much here so I was fine with it not happening. I'd much rather they do a rematch between Io and Charlotte with Io beating her there. It was good to see the women main event tonight. This match deserved it with the quality delivered, the build up, and selling they gave it in promos.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

The backlot brawl was pretentious nonsense. Not because it was "cinematic style," but because Adam Cole is the least self-aware worker in the business right now. I enjoyed Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong getting thrown into the trunk of a car. I was hoping Dexter Lumis would slap a "nonstop to OVW" sticker on the car.

Women's six man was dope. Main event was not. Happy for Io, but the level of protection Charlotte gets is insane. She isn't a star, no matter how badly they'd like her to be. She's the female Seth Rollins at this point, only she can't play "smarmy" well enough to fall back on that.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

And of course changing the temperature to 69 degrees 

All of the In your House references was great

1.  Regal doing a horrible Lord Alfred Hayes impersonation

2.  Adam Cole of all people doing an ICOPRO commercial

3.  D-X renacting the "I still don't know how a computer works" thing that Michaels did back in the old days

I had to rewind the ICOPRO spot just to make sure that is indeed what I saw. 

I thought the show was mostly fun. Only things i didn't like was Charlotte not taking the fall (which sets up the obvious rematch with Io) and Dream not winning. Adam Cole is wearing thin on top. He and UE need to do that breakup and reform arc while getting the belt off Cole and prepping them for Raw/smackdown.

3 minutes ago, Morganti said:

I thought the show was mostly fun. Only things i didn't like was Charlotte not taking the fall (which sets up the obvious rematch with Io) and Dream not winning. Adam Cole is wearing thin on top. He and UE need to do that breakup and reform arc while getting the belt off Cole and prepping them for Raw/smackdown.

Thats the WWE MO when it comes to not being fully invested in a new champion. Have them win in a Triple Threat. 

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I want to like this more than once. Cheers, EVA.

Guest Edwin

I like Kross. I think they make a great pairing and he will be a star and the champ in NXT, but cringed when Mauro name dropped UWFI because of course he's Mauro and he has to try and replicate Mike Tennay's the Professor commentary gimmick during WCW cruiserweight matches.