DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XV - 6/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Booking has begun for this so let's start the thread.  I'm assuming this will be coming from the PC, and there *MAY* be a small crowd?  We'll see.

The card, updated as they announce:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Asuka (c) vs. Nia Jax

HANDICAP MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Braun Strowman (c) vs. John Morrison & The Miz

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP  - Apollo Crews (c) vs. Andrade

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP  - Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross vs. The Iiconics vs. Sasha Banks/Bayley  (c)

"THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH OF ALL TIME" - Edge vs. Randy Orton

Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus

--

* - Probable

On 5/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

"THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH OF ALL TIME**" - Edge vs. Randy Orton

--

** - Improbable

FTFY

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting this in early while I heard the song on the radio...

“Long time ago me and my buddy Randy here, we were hitchhiking down a long and lonesome road.  

All of a sudden, there shines a shiny promoter in the middle of the road... and he said...

“Have the greatest match of all time... or I’lll eat your soul.....” 

But this is not, the greatest match of all time, no, this is just a tribute,

We couldn’t remember, the greatest match of all time, no, this is a tribute”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That could be fun. They make something they think is a classic and people shit all over it, then they go out to make something intentionally bad and it probably gets over like the Deletion stuff... which means they can't win no matter what they do. That would be exactly what they deserve. 

21 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I watch RAW most weeks even if it's just background noise but I still don't understand the reason behind "Greatest Wrestling Match Ever." Is this because people shit on their last match or is there something else going on?  I don't know.  

I've kind of skipped the their segments about it. I assume its honestly a rib on the two of them and probably the fans as well. 

• Like 2

It's either gonna be over in 4 seconds with an insta RKO or they got Tarrantino in to guest direct this thing & it turns into a 2 hour long saga of Ankle Lock exchanges set to a 70's disco album.

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

It's either gonna be over in 4 seconds with an insta RKO or they got Tarrantino in to guest direct this thing & it turns into a 2 hour long saga of Ankle Lock exchanges set to a 70's disco album.

Don't tease me with Tarantino directing WWE matches. That'd get me to watch again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If you said Asuka's feet, there are probably many (including here) that would agree. 

Asuka v Charlotte

30 minutes of spin kicks and big boots feat music by Bob Dylan.

Tarantino makes a cameo as an Australian camera man who gets kicked by both ladies simultaneously.

6 stars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Asuka v Charlotte

30 minutes of spin kicks and big boots feat music by Nancy Sinatra.

Tarantino makes a cameo as an Australian camera man who gets kicked by both ladies simultaneously.

6 stars.

FTFY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Orton/Edge was taped already so prepare yourselves

To provide more context

On the post-NXT TakeOver Wrestlng Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that the Edge vs. Randy Orton match scheduled for this Sunday's WWE Backlash has already been taped.

In what WWE has been billing "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever", Meltzer said he was told the match was "really, really good" and that it was "two very smart workers working very hard to have the smartest match they possibly could under the circumstances."

Meltzer surmised the match was taped so post-match editing could help it try to achieve the lofty goal of the marketing tagline for the match. He also said the rest of the pay-per-view was not already filmed as was reported elsewhere.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer said he was told the match was "really, really good" and that it was "two very smart workers working very hard to have the smartest match they possibly could under the circumstances."

So something like nine chinlocks, four finishers each, two reversed finishers each, and fifteen minutes of it will be closeups of conflicted/tortured/sad/“why did you make me descend to this heart of darkness?” facial expressions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they're going for "best match ever", they need to run one of the legitimate contenders for that monicker, then photoshop Randy's and Edge's head into the footage.

I mean, I don't think Edge's head is going to look right on Misawa's body, but what can you do?

• Haha 1