DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XV - 6/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

52 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

If they're going for "best match ever", they need to run one of the legitimate contenders for that monicker, then photoshop Randy's and Edge's head into the footage.

I mean, I don't think Edge's head is going to look right on Misawa's body, but what can you do?

Put it on Kawada's body?

Im just waiting for 'Rainmaker' Randy Orton to throw that short arm lariatooooooooo!

Edited by L_W_P

In an interview with ESPN, Edge spoke about his reaction to finding out about the “Greatest Match Ever” tagline for his match against Randy Orton at Backlash: "I just laughed because I didn't think it was serious. Then I realized fairly quickly it was. Then my reaction was, is this wise, because anytime you say something's the greatest ever beforehand, you're setting yourself up for failure. And I don't ever want to think that way. I need to think the opposite of that. I can't control the court of public opinion. I need to do and be proud of the work that I put in. All I can do is take it as if this is all just a bonus and in a weird way, a compliment. Or it's a giant rib. I don't know."

Edge also explained why he doesn’t feel pressure because of the tagline: "I'll preface all of this with saying there's no such thing as the greatest match ever. You're not going to be able to say definitively, what is the greatest song of all time? What is the greatest painting of all time? What is the greatest movie of all time? What is the greatest band of all time? It's impossible, because there's no general consensus -- you can have great matches, but what is the greatest is going to be different to almost everybody. Vince [McMahon] is a promoter, and he's promoting, but it's like hyperbole. I mean, to me [the greatest match is] not possible. So that takes that pressure out of my mind immediately."

I really truly hope that the Best Match Ever starts with Randy Orton just kicking Edge square in the sack as soon as the bell rings and then beating him down with a chair for 2 minutes before walking away as the announcers cry about Randy ruining the Best Match Ever and the whole thing just being a ploy for Randy to get revenge from Mania. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hope you know that's probably part of the rib of this whole thing.  

Also, the rib is going to be on us when that match goes 90 minutes plus, because as of now, it looks like this is a 7 match card, one of which involves Braun which means it's 5 minutes tops. 

To be fair - it did come out that the term "wrestling" is no longer banned.

That was randomly mentioned a week or so ago when it came out that the Buckle Bomb was banned

Alvarez was speculating if the idea was that this match was going to be in Saudi, because every time they go over there something has to be biggest or greatest or bestest.

I did see on Twitter someone had edited the graphic to take out the GRE, the TEST, and the EVER.

• Haha 1

Andrade/Crews has apparently been moved to the Kickoff show and reports are that Vince has pretty much changed all the RAW matches in some way or another.

What are chances of Vince saying fuck it and instead of going with the taped match, doing something like The Fingerpoke of Doom and have Orton and Edge become a nouveau 2 Man Power Trip and be the "star power" that Vince thinks Raw needs? I know it's nonsensical and illogical, but has that stopped them before? ??

This show on paper looks like one of the weakest WWE has had in years.  Lashley isn't a credible challenge.  He goes from a cuck angle to a main event star? Not buying it.   Also not buying anyone believing for a second that Braun will lose to Miz and Morrison.    Edge-Orton being billed as the greatest wrestling match ever is just another thing to laugh at.  Nia Jax getting a title shot? Hopefully Asuka doesn't get injured, fuck, hopefully I can stay awake.        WWE has so many talented guys not being used tonight, I just don't get why they are booking this heaping pile of shit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Infinit said:

What are chances of Vince saying fuck it and instead of going with the taped match, doing something like The Fingerpoke of Doom and have Orton and Edge become a nouveau 2 Man Power Trip and be the "star power" that Vince thinks Raw needs? I know it's nonsensical and illogical, but has that stopped them before? ??

Is this even the worst idea right now? Things are dire.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:02 PM, L_W_P said:

The worst thing that can happen now is they have a 25 minute "WWE Style" main event.

This needs to either be Okada/Omega or a Samurai Cop/The Room style piece of shit we can all laugh at.

Is the Samurai Cop/The Room match on youtube somewhere?

i'd like to see that.

Full blurb

Adam Copeland suffered a torn triceps on 6/7 when filming his match with Randy Orton that will take place on tonight's Backlash show.

The injury, like the result of the match, was kept quiet throughout WWE but Fightful.com reported it today and others in WWE have confirmed that as well.

The match itself reportedly was taped for 35 minutes, but it is not clear how the match will be edited.

The rest of tonight's show other than Edge vs. Orton was to take place today in Orlando at the Performance Center.

A torn triceps is usually an injury that requires about eight months or so of recovery time and surgery. Obviously because WWE did not want out that the match was taped, that when Edge and Orton were doing media, they couldn't talk about the injury. The injury, whether he will undergo surgery and the time frame of his return are likely to be talked about over the next few days after the match airs.