DVDVR Message Board

Black Canvas Grappling (A TEW Booking Committee Thread)

BCG Heritage Tour Day 4:  Kobe (Att:568)

Pre-show:

Match 1: SUKI, Miura and Yoshizawa defeated Findlay, Mistukuri and Kinoshita (Miura over Kinoshita after Storm Rider at 27:29) Rating:54

(Individual: SUKI 61, Yoshizawa 53, Findlay 52, Miura 50, Mitsukuri 38, Kinoshita 31)

Notes: SUKI, Yoshizawa , Findlay and Miura with good matches. I think the rumors of a tag title change have upped Miura and Yoshizawa's game)

Match 2: Y.Taka defeated Animal Harker at 10:47 after a surprise roll up (Rating 52)

(Individual: Taka 52, Harker 46)

Notes: I was hoping going all out would help Taka's rating. Not great. Not bad, but not quite what I wanted.

Main Card

Opener: Rokuemon Matsushita defeated Yoshisada Matsuzawa at 14:46 with One Handed Choke Slam (Rating:52)

(Individual; Matushita 52, Matsuzawa 47)

Notes: Double dinged for Matsushita tiring, and the fans feeling the match was a bit short. Can't win.

Match 2: Razan Okamoto defeated Dynamite Narashi (22:35 after Brainbuster suplex) Rating: 66

Individual: Okamoto 68, Narahashi 51

Notes: Great chemistry between the two. 

Match 3: Torii and Furasawa defeated Yokokawa and Sen at 27:50 (Furasawa submitted Yokokawa via Furasawa armbar) Rating: 69

(Individual: Torii 71, Furasawa 71, Sen 52, Yokokawa 47)

Notes: The fans will talk about "what an epic match" it was, but really it was Torii and Furasawa dragging the lower carders up to their level for a near half hour

Only a five match card, but I wanted to give a bunch of wrestlers the night off and let the autobooker do most of the work

Rating: 58 (dinged for no technical masterclass)

Edited by SirFozzie

BCG Heritage Tour Day 5: Still in Kansai

(Attendance: 556)

Backstage Incident: Yoshinaka Taku was brought before the Wrestler's Court and accused of not paying his share of a bar tab. The judge (Masayuki Shiga) found him guilty and sentenced him to buy drinks for everyone after the show. (small positive effect on Taku the Younger)

Pre-Card

Match 1: Akima Brave defeated Yuta Isono at 6:20 with the Samoan Suplex - Rating 45

(Individual: Brave 48, Isono 32)

Notes: These last two days the Golden Domination faction (our Bullet Club) will get their chance to "warm up" in pre-show matches. Isono wasn't too bad.

Match 2: Omezo Shikitei defeated  Sojuro Sen (Submission-Cross Armbreaker) at 14:30 - Rating 55

Individual: SHikitei and Sen both 53

Notes: Sen stepped up his game. He's a guy who had some ups and downs.

Match 3: Frankie Perez defeated Commander Kawaguchi  14:06 (submission-PClutch) Rating : 54

Individual: Perez 55, Kawaguchi 46

Notes: Nicely done in Frankie's debut, and Kawaguchi can somewhat bring it, that's two pretty good matches so far.

Match 4: Miura and Yoshizawa defeated Dreadnought and Eric Diaz at 18:04 with the End of the World (Yoshizawa over Dreadnought): Rating 48

Individual: Miura and Yoshizawa 53, Diaz 38, Dreadnought 20

Notes: Yeah, Dreadnought's greener then grass over a septic tank. But he's here to eat losses, and beat people up in angles so I don't feel too bad.

Main Card

Opener: The American Cobras won a 4-way elimination Tag Match (other teams: Kamisaka/Kiyota, Mitsuruki and Kinoshita, Kubo/Ozawa) at 14:03 Rating 52

Individual: Spillane 57, Malloy 51, Kiyotaka 49, Kamisaka 48, Mitsuruki 38, Kinoshita 34, Ozawa 33, Kubo 28

Notes: Just a throwaway get people on the card match to boost the Cobras up.

Match 2: Furasawa defeated Matsushita (Furusawa Armbar) at 21:32 Rating 70!!!!

Individual: Furusawa 71, Matsushita 52

Notes: This was a test to see if Matsushita could go 20 minutes. It wasn't pretty (he was visibly tiring at the end), but he did a decent enough job.

Match 3: The Devil Machines (Okimassa and Avatar) defeated Roku Satomura and Yoriie Ippitsusai after their tag move (the Devilmaker) at 13:16 Rating 45

Individual: Avatar 50, Okimassa 49, Sotomura 34, Ippitsusai 27)

Notes: Sotomura suffered chronic upper back pain in the match, which meant he took a hit in his performance. The booking committee (in the form of the Great Avatar) has a bit of heat on them because they think it came from a botched move from us. Yoriie, buddy, did you like your time out there? good. Because it won't be often.  Pee-Yew stinky.

Match 4: The Wild Ones and Giant Brody defeated Narahashi, Kita and Goto at 18:45 after a "miscommunication" between Goto and Kita (Findlay Automic spinebuster over Kita) Rating:57

Individual: Findlay 58, Brody 49, Harker 47, Narahashi 46, Kita 45, Goto 43

Notes: Setting up Goto's turn a bit here. Still not happy with his performance. sixth out of six here. And this was with Kita being a bit off his game too.

Main Event: Okamoto, Y. Taku and Torii defeated SUKI, Ikoma, and Toshushai (Torii over Toshushai after Spinning Forearm Smash) 26:19 Rating: 55

Individual: Torii 64, Okamoto 60, SUKI 60, Toshusaai 56, Taku the Younger 56, Ikoma 50

Notes:  Thinking the pressure is getting to Ikoma a bit, he was off his game (again). If we hadn't prebooked it I might have switched Taku the Younger in, but hopefully Ikoma will bring it in the main card at Heritage.

Final Rating: 55

Edited by SirFozzie

Main Heritage Card I agreed with your general statement. My outline would look like:

Funkaoshi vs. Blast- Funk wins obviously

Furusawa vs. Torii- Give Torii the duke and try to set him up even further. With the ripped thing his star quality should be pretty damned high now too.

Okamoto vs. Findlay- Razan wins, then kinda recharge Findley a bit. He's gonna be in an awkward spot here soon, and I think him actually teaming with the likes of Torii, Funk, Okamoto, and Furusawa against the invaders could be fun.

Cobras vs. Miura and Yoshizawa: Honestly, I would leave the winner to the game to decide. Miura and Yoshizawa have been solid enough I'm not desperate to take the belts off them. I will say, if the Cobras go over, having them join the invanders with the belts could be fun.

Goto vs. Touhashi vs. Taku vs. Narahashi. Actually thinking about it, I'd lean Taku, or maybe Narahashi if you want a transitional champion.

SUKI vs. ???

BCW Tour Day #6 (Osaka) 564 people

Pre-Show

Opener: (8-Man Tag) Golden Domination (Perez/Akima/Brody/Diaz) defeated Kikuchi/Narahashi/Shikitei/Isono (Perez submitted Isono with P-Clutch at 14:29) Rating 53

Individual: Perez 57/Shikitei 54/Brody 51/Kikuchi 50/Brave 50/Narahashi 44/Diaz 37/Isono 33

Notes: Again, a warm up match for Domination. First time they worked as a large group.

Match 2: Miyake defeated Kita (13:15 via KO Kick) Rating 49

Individual: Kita 47/Miyake 45

Match 3: Roku Satomura defeated Taku the Elder at 16:12 via pinfall Gutwrench Tombstone Rating: 33

Individual: Taku the Elder 30, Satomura 31

Notes: this was a make up for Satomura considering the accidental injury we gave him. T.Taku only has a job because it would make his son sad to see him released, as a couple others have. 

MAIN CARD

Opener: Miura and Yoshizawa defeated Animal Harker and Kiyotaka (Miura over Harker at 16:57 via END OF THE WORLD) Rating 56

Individual: Yoshizawa 53, Kiyotaka 50, Harker 47, Miura 46.

Notes: Miura was off his game.. grrr.... not a great time to be doing that.

Match 2: Yoshisada Matsuzawa defeated Sojuro Sen at 15:11 via double-arm-DDT (Rating 57)

Individual: Sen 53, Matsuzawa 52

Notes: Great chemistry between the two

Match 3: Big Bruiser Findlay defeated Commander Kawagashi via pinfall at 14:26 (Atomic Spinebuster) Rating 60

Individual: Findlay 54, Kawagashi 49

Notes: Another pair with great chemistry

Match 4: Torii/Okamoto/Toshusai defeated Gidayu Katou/Avatar/Okimassa (Okamoto pinned Katou) at 20:45 Rating 65

Individual: Torii 71, Okamoto 67, Toshusai 55, Okimassa 50, Avatar 45/Katou 43

Main EVENT: Ikoma and Funakoshi defeated SUKI and Naharashi at 25:08 (Funakoshi over Naharashi - Butterfly Backbreaker) Rating 67

Individual: Funakoshi 69, Suki 59, Ikoma 57, Naharashi 46

Notes: Test run for Funakoshi, the injury slowed him somewhat, but not too too bad,

Show Rating: 60

Edited by SirFozzie

BCG Heritage! (aired same day on Shogun TV) from Kyoto: Attendance 4.062)

Pre-Card

Match 1: Kiyotaka defeated Dreadnought (Submission - 9:07) Rating: 40

Individual: Kiyotaka 50, Dreadnought 13 (!!!!!!)

Notes: Dreadnought was off his game. No really?

Match 2: 10-man tag: The Devil Machines, Isono, Ogata and Kikumoto defeated Harker, Kickuchi, Logan Wolfsbane, Joffy Laine, Omezo Shikitei at 12:21 (Okimasa submitted Wolfsbane Scorpion Death lock) Rating: 51

Individual: Shikitei 61, Wolfsbane 50, Kikuchi 50, Harker 49, Avatar 49, Okimassa 49, Laine 43, Isono 32, Ogata 22

Notes: Yup, piss-break/get everyone on the card match: Okimassa and Isiono were off their games. Shikitei is the real deal. Not tipping Laine and wolfsbane to Golden Domination yet, but I may have to... (see main card)

Main-Card!

Angle: Maeda speaks briefly about BCG, and welcomes us to watch HERITAGE: (Rating 67)

Opener: Golden Domination (Perez/Brave/Brody) defeated Amano, Sen and Doi at 13:21 (Perez submitted Amano, P-Clutch) Rating: 47

Individual: Perez 56/Brody 55/Sen 54/Brave 53/Doi 29/Sen 28

Notes: This was just to formally introduce the faction. Brave, speaking for Perez (more on that in a minute), says MORE ARE COMING.. TONIGHT. What does that mean?

Amano and Doi were off their game, and... Oh fuck. Perez suffered a blown ear drum. Likely out a while. Great start to the angle!

Match 2: SUKI Defeated Matsushita (victory rollup/flash pin at 13:16) Rating: 60

Individual: SUKI 70 (!!!!) Matsushita 58.

Notes: Dinged for time, but I was trying to keep it short for Matushita, but still give Suki the rub with the flash pinfall. Worked pretty well!

Match 3: (4 way match): Yoshinaka Taku defeated Goto, Toshushai and Naharashi at 13:52 when Taku defeated Naharashi at 13:52. TAKU WINS THE BCG CHALLENGERS SERIES BELT. Rating 37

Individual: Toshusai 57/Taku the Younger 57/Naharashi 45/Goto 22 (!!!!!)

Notes: Dinged for time/storyline, but Goto fucked it up. big time.

Angle: Post match, Goto LOSES it and beats down Naharashi, and Taku and storms off angrily (Rating 42)

Match 4: Miura and Yoshizawa defeat the American Cobras (yoshizawa over Malloy via END OF THE WORLD at 17:54) Rating: 59 (Defense #3 of the BCG Tag Titles)

Individual: Malloy 57, Spillane 55, Miura 53, Yoshizawa 50

Notes: Both teams got tag team bonuses.

Match 5: Okamoto defeats Findlay at 14:13 after Goto smacked Findlay behind everyone's back (Rating:66)

Individual: Okamoto 72, Findlay 68, 

Notes: A bit dinged for time. Just stamina issues all around.

Angle: Perez, Goto and Brave beatdown Okamoto and trash talk them. The era of Golden Domination has BEGUN! (Rating: 36)

Semi-Main: Bunrauken Torii defeated Mabuchi Furusawa via pinfall at 28:24 via Spinning Forearm Smash (Rating: 79!!!!!!!!!!!)

Individual: Torii 83, Furusawa 82

Notes: Usually, the announcing gives boosts to the rating. This brought it down slightly. Awesome, awesome match

Main Event: Funakoshi defeated Blast Ikoma at 31:31 (Butterfly Backbreaker). (Rating: 70) Funakoshi makes defense #3 of his BCG World Title.

Individuals: Funakoshi 85 (!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!), Ikoma 56

Notes: Even with the Funk somewhat slowed by injury, he brought it. Brought it, that, and something else. Ikoma will make his way down the card after this. 

Funakoshi celebrates in the ring as we go off-air (Rating 66)

Overall Rating: 69 (nice). Almost a 70 rated show!

Edited by SirFozzie

Post-Card speech

Funakoshi told they're awesome,  while Suki and Torii get attaboys for hell of a performance. All three were pleased.

Luckily, Perez will just need a week off after the botched move from Doi. Needless to say, Doi has heat with everyone.

TV Rating of 0.02 (Graveyard)  17,000 viewers

Edited by SirFozzie

We ask Shogun to move us out of the graveyard slot. They allow us to move to the afternoon. Not much better, but better! We do the same with All Japan TV for Tour highlights, moving us to early evening from Afternoon

Edited by SirFozzie

from one of our rivals: BHOTWG who had been on a hiring spree (Reaver/Americana/Eagle Kawasawa amongst others).. had their main monthly card yesterday too,  (Show Rating 84), and the main event was a MAJOR title change.  Heihachiro Sakai won the BHOTWG World Championship (his first major title in any federation), defeating Kinnojo Horri to win the title. Of note: In-ring performances from their match? Horri 77, Sakai 76. We beat that in our SEMI-MAIN.

We are going to grow, no doubt about it.

BTW, I figure that every three months or so we change who the head booker is (I'd send a save file to whoever). That way everyone gets a chance.

I'm bummed that if it turns out that way, I won't be booking the grand prix ?

The thing from those scores for Funk, Torii, and Furusawa is that BCG's style is only 65% in ring work and 35% overness. So them pulling in ratings in the mid 80's is HUGE, assuming there pops are still only in the 60's in Kansai. The biggest problem we are probaby gonna have is that all our big shows basically have to be in Kansai for rating purposes until that normalizes across the country. Hell, O'Farraday getting a 68 against Razan is huge for us too, as well as SUKI clearly showing he can play in the bigs with our roster too. I still worry the Hammer or PGHW will come calling for SUKI, O'Farraday, and Furusawa, but while we got them they are big assets. Shikitei pulling in in a 60 rating with his popularity also paints a pretty clear picture on him becoming a midcard workhorse for us.

As much as Okamoto might seem like an ideal Figurehead for the company, I just don't think he ever completely catches Funk and Torii as workers. And I just think the main event of this company will always revolve around those 2, kinda like how WLW was always the Angel and Kobe show. If Furusawa sticks, awesome, as he'd right there.

One thing we may think about is signing the non-loyal folks on handshake deals to written Pay Per Appearance deals. They're going to probably want 3-4x as much. I haven't flipped over the month, so I can't look at the finances.. but I think if it's below $800 a night, we may have to consider biting the bullet and getting them on written to stop them from being poached. (another possible down side, would the loyal folks think we're cheaping them out)

Here's the idea for TagMania Tour:

The main draw on the tour will be a psuedo-G1 for Tag Teams.  The TagMania Championship takes place at Tag Mania (naturally). Four teams qualify for the TagMania championship. One of them is automatically the reigning Tag Team Champions. The other three will be decided in two groups of 4, with the two group winners, and one of the second place teams  (the two second place teams will battle it out on Tour Date #4 or #5 for the final spot.

Semi-finals and Finals at Tag Mania.'

My suggestion:

Group A

Kamisaka/Kiyotaka

Mitsukuri/Kinoshita

The Devil Machines (Avatar/Okimassa)  (chemistry/tag team)

Ikoma/Furusawa (pretty obvious group winners, possibly winning whole thing) (great Chemistry)

Group B

Kawaguchi/Katou (Good Chemistry)

American Cobras (tag Team) (Possible group winners)

Yokokawa/Sen 

Wild Ones (Harker/Findlay) Possible group winners)

Semi Finals:

Ikoma/Furusawa vs  Miura/Yoshizawa 

American Cobras vs Wild Ones 

Finals:Ikoma/Furusawa vs Wild Ones.

Champs: Ikoma/Furusawa?

Just a bunch of thoughts.

edit: Golden Domination has to have a team in here, don't they?

Edited by SirFozzie

BCG TagMania Day 1 (Osaka, attendance 566)

Pre-show:

Opener: Kita defeated Fujio Narahashi (Pinfall 12:40) Rating: 51

Individual: Kita 50, F.Narahashi 45

Match 2: Naozane Goto defeated Shimizu (Goto Slam 8:14): Rating: 42

Individual: Shimizu 47, Goto 41

Notes: well, Goto didn't suck. But I had him dominate. We can't do that all the time.

MAIN CARD:

GROUP B TAGMANIA MATCH Opener: The Wild Ones defeated Yokokawa & Sen (Findlay pinned Sen: Automic Spinebuster, 14:48) Rating: 56

Individual: Findlay 59, Sen 50, Harker 48, Yokokawa 45

Notes: Dinged for time somewhat (needed to be longer)

GROUP B TAGMANIA MATCH Match 2: Kawagishi and Katou defeated the American Cobras (Katou pinned Spillaine - Lariat, 15:39) Rating: 58

Individual: Spillaine 57, Malloy 56, Kawagishi 51, Gatou 49

Notes: Two teams with good chemistry working with each other. Wanted this result to be a bit of a surprise.

GROUP A TAGMANIA MATCH Match 3: Golden Domination (Perez/Brody) defeated Kamisaka/Kiyotaka (Brody single handed choke slam on Kamisaka: 15:28) Rating: 61

Individual: Perez 61, Brody 50, Kamisaka 49, Kiyotaka 47

GROUP A TAGMANIA MATCH Match 4: Furusawa and Ikoma defeated The Devil Machines (Furusawa over Avatar via Furusawa Armbar: 21:08) Rating: 59

Individual: Furusawa 78, Ikoma 55, Okimassa 51, Avatar 48

Notes: The fans didn't want a technical masterclass after some hot matches. Should've done this one earlier in the card.

MAIN EVENT: 8 man tag: Torii/Okamoto/SUKI/Funakoshi defeated Y.Taku, Matsushita, Matsuzawa and Brave (Torii pined Matsuzawa - Spinning forearm Smash - 23:06 : Rating 65

Individual: Funakoshi 70, Torii 70, Okamoto 68, SUKI 61,  Matsushita 59, Taku the Younger 55, Brave 52, Matsuzawa 50

Notes: Funakoshi (still injured for a few more days) was hampered, Okamoto was a bit off.

Final Rating:56

Edited by SirFozzie

Post Match: Torii complained to me about Brody, saying he was clumsy, while Okamoto praised Storm Spillaine

As January ends, we look at the finances: We made a healthy profit of nearly $162,000 (Money on Hand: $412,931)

We put some of that extra money into upgrading our music and our broadcast equipment. Pricy but it was bringing us down a little bit.

As for contracts: Furusawa is willing to discuss a written deal with pay per appearance money of $220 a month for two years. While it won't deter PGHW or BHOTWG (I'd have to pay something like $500 a match to make it exclusive), at least if they do sign him, we could use him once in a while)

Lost the Prematch Individual Ratings for the pre-show, so quick notes:

1. Brave over Kikuchi 56

2. Matsushita over Matsuzawa 54

3. Goto over Shikei 38

NOTES: In the "Oh Shucky Darnit!" category, Goto sustained a torn rotator cuff. Guess he'll be out a significant length of time. Darn. I was looking forward to booking his continued push, boss. Truly.

Group A Tagmania Opener: The American Cobras over Yokokawa and Sen (Rating:51)

Ratings: Spillaine 56, Sen 48, Malloy 38 (???), Yokokawa 34

Notes: both Yokokawa AND Malloy were REALLY off their game tonight. Oh dear.

GROUP A Tagmania Match 2: Golden Domination (Perez/Brody) defeated the Devil Machines (Perez over Avatar - PClutch at 15:56) Rating: 56

Ratings: Perez 59, Brody 51, Okimassa 51, Avatar 48

GROUP B Tagmania Match 3: The Wild Ones defeated Kawagishi and Katou (Findlay-Kawagishi - Atomic Spinebuster at 17:34) Rating:55

Ratings: Findlay 59, Kawagishi 51, Katou 49, Harker 48

Notes: Dinged for a little short .

ANGLE: Golden Domination unleash a 3 on 1 attack on Findlay! Razan Okamoto comes charging down to make the save (Rating 45)

GROUP B Tagmania Match 4: Furusawa/Ikoma defeat Kamisaka and Kiyotaka (Furusawa over Kamisaka via Fujuwara Armbar at 22:49) Rating:69

Ratings: Furusawa 76, Ikoma 60, Kiyotaka 50, Kamisaka 49

Notes: FURUSAWA SIGNED THE WRITTEN DEAL!!!! And put on a hell of a match, but that isn't new. Ikoma actually is trying in this tag team

Main Event (6 man match): Torii/Okamoto/SUKI defeat Shimizu, D. Naharashi, and F. Naharashi (Torii over Shimizu, Spinning Forearm Smash at 22:16) Rating: 68

Rating: Torii 73, Okamoto 70, SUKI 61, D. Naraashi 49, F. Narahashi 49, Shimizu 48

Final Rating: 57

Goto will miss a year. Oh shucks. Oh darn.

Edited by SirFozzie

BCG Tag Mania Day 3:

Entering the final group stage matches, this is the breakdown:

A
Ikoma/Furasawa 2-0
Kamisaka/Kiyota 0-2
Devil Machines 0-2
Perez/Brody 2-0

B
Kawagishi/Katou 1-1
Cobras 1-1
Yokokawa/Sen 0-2
Wild Ones 2-0

The winner of Ikoma/Furasawa vs Golden Domination wins Group A, the loser goes to the qualifier). In Group B, The Wild Ones/Cobras match could make things very weird. We could have 3 teams with 2-1 records! Kawagishi and Katou know if they win, they're in the playoff match (If the Wild Ones win, they win the group, if the Cobras win and Kawagishi/Katou win, then there will be a three way tie atop Group B, which will cause all kinds of booking trouble.

PRE-CARD

ANGLE: Yuta Isono talk about his match with Dynamite Naharashi, and how the Isono Face Melter is the FUTURE of BCG (Rating:44)

Notes: Isono did a great job improvising with the crowd. Maybe Golden Domination could use him as a speaker?

Opener: Dynamite Naharashi beat Yuta Isono at 11:46 (Naharashi Cutter) Rating: 45

Rating: Naharashi 47, Isono 33

Match 2: Akina Brave defeated Inejiro Yoshizawa by pinfall at 13:17 (Samoan Suplex) Rating: 54

Rating: Yoshizawa 53, Brave 51

MAIN-CARD

GROUP B TAGMANIA Opener. Yokokawa and Sen defeated Kawagishi/Katou at 15:38 (Sen submitted Kawagishi via over shoulder back breaker): Rating: 54

Rating: Sen 51, Katou 48, Kawagishi 48, Yokokawa 45

Notes: Now Kawagishi and Katou have to wait to see if they're going to be in a 3 way tie for the playoff spot. They're rooting for the Wild Ones.

GROUP A TAGMANIA Match 2: The Devil Machines defeated Kamisaka and Kiyotaka after the tag-team finish, the Devilmaker at 16:21 (Avatar over Kamisaka) Rating: 55

Rating: Kiyotaka 52, Okimassa 49, Kamisaka 48, Avatar 46

Notes: Basically a condolence match in Group B, but the Devil Machines finish third in the group. Kamisama and Kiyotaka had three good matches though.

GROUP B TAGMANIA Match 3: The American Cobras defeated the Wild Ones (Spillane submitted Harker at 18:13, kneeling boston crab) Rating:61

Rating: Findlay 65, Spillaine 60, Malloy 57, Harker 47

Notes: The Cobras somehow WIN the group (2-1 tie with the Wild Ones, with head-to-head going to the Cobras). I think it's time for Findlay to move on to singles matches now, but they still have a playoff match to deal with.

GROUP A TAGMANIA Match 4: Golden Domination (Perez/Brody) defeated Ikoma/Furusawa when Perez used a P-Clutch to submit Ikoma after a distraction/interference attempt by Akima Brave at ringside) Rating: 43

Rating: Furusawa 73, Ikoma 61, Perez 59, Brody 50

Notes: Don't blink at the rating. The Fans completely shit on the ending (understandable, but I'm telling a story here). Brody also suffered a broken nose in the match from an errant Blast Ikoma strike. Golden Domination win the group, but will Brody be ok for Tag-Mania?

MAIN EVENT: Bunrauken Torii defeated Tanyu Toshusai at 20:36 after a spining forearm smash: Rating: 75
Individual: Torii 73, Toshusai 56

Notes:That's more like it! In hindsight, I should've put the group a decider as the opener, because I KNEW the fans were going to shit on that ending. Get it out of the way)

Overall Rating: 66 (!!!)

Attendance: 564

Edited by SirFozzie

Brody will be affected for a week, which means he will be affected at Tag Mania. I have to decide if I can change out Brody for Brave. Probably turn it into a storyline at TagMania.

Wrestler's Court: Goro Hatamoto was brought before the court and charged with failing to shake someone's hand. The Judge, the Honorable Shiga-san, found him guilty and sentenced Hatamoto to buy everyone a round of drinks after the show. (He does that a lot)

TagMania Day 4 from Kobe:

Pre-Show:

Opener: Okimassa defeated Sen at 16:04 (Scorpion Deathlock)  Rating: 54

Individual Sen 55, Okimassa 45

Notes: Okimassa was off his game, great chemistry between the two

Match 2: Kikuchi defeated Avatar at 14:57 (Step Over Leg Bar) Rating: 51

Individual: Kikuchi 51, Avatar 42

MAIN CARD

Opener: Kamisaka defeated Kawagishi at 17:49 via Triangle Choke) Rating 51

Individual: Kawagishi 47, Kamisaka 43

Match 2: Akima Brave defeated Takenori Doi at 9:47 (Samoan Suplex) Rating: 39

Individual: Brave 48, Doi 31

Notes: I wanted to give Brave a dominating win to get him some momentum, but Doi probably wasn't the best for it.

ANGLE: Razan Okamoto is talking about how Golden Domination is spitting on the tradition that makes BCG great. Brave and Frankie Perez take umbrage to it, beating him up, until an enraged Big Bruiser Findlay comes down and cleans house. Okamoto and Findlay look at each other with respect... (Rating 55)

Notes: Okamoto looked good, and did some good improvising, while Akima Brave improvised well as well.

Match 3: Okamoto defeated Y.Taku at 22:39 via Brainbuster Suplex, Rating: 58

Individual: Okamoto 65, Y. Taku 36 (he didn't like the slow build, and can't call matches in the ring just yet)

TAGMANIA PLAYOFF  MAIN EVENT Furusawa and Ikoma defeat the Wild Ones at 31:32 after Ikoma pinned Harker with a Northern Lights Bomb, Rating:71!!!

Individual: Furusawa 75, Findlay 61, Ikoma 55, Harker 47

Notes: I'm kinda surprised that Harker and Findlay went 30 minutes! But damn, Furusawa is bringing it.

Final Rating: 62

Attendance: 569

Edited by SirFozzie

Good news is Funakoshi is 100%, so we can get him in a dream tag match at TagMania.

backstage: Shiga continues to gather folks under his wing, as he took on Danjuro Kikuchi as a protege (no truth to the rumors it's Shiga's way of cadging free drinks when no one gets dragged before the Wrestler's Court)

BCG Tag Mania Day 5:

Pre-card:

Opener: Torii defeated James Diaz (Spinning forearm smash) at 14:44 (Rating: 57)

Individual: Torii 72, Diaz 33

Notes: Dinged for time, but I didn't want to give Torii a match against someone we can sell later on the final tour day.

Main Card

Opener: SUKI defeated Azumamaro Kita at 18:13  (SUKI SPECIAL 3) Rating 58

Individual: SUKI 63, Kita 42

Notes: Also dinged for time (just a little too short)

ANGLE: Frankie Perez, Akima Brave and Yuta Isono are talking back stage: Isono said he was glad to bring the FACE MELTER to Golden Domination, and asked where Brody was. Perez just smiled. "We have a plan", he tells Isono (Rating: 50)

Notes: Everyone improvised well and played off the crowd outside well.

Match 2: Matsushita defeated Shuga Amano at 9:02 (One Handed Choke Slam) Rating: 43

Individual: Matsushita 55, Amano 31

Notes: Hmm, a bit too many squash matches?

Match 3: Findlay defeated Sen at 16:26 (Atomic Spinebuster) Rating:56

Individual: Findlay 58, Sen 51

Notes: Dinged a bit for time, I really need to start building up Findlay's stamina.

Main Event (8 man tag) Furusawa/Ikoma/Miura/Yoshizawa defeated Brave (subbing for Brody)/Perez and the American Cobras at 26:42 (Furusawa over Spillaine via Furusawa armbar) Rating:60

Individual: Furusawa 73, Perez 64, Spillaine 53,Ikoma 53, Miura 51, Yoshizawa 51, Malloy 51, Brave 50

Notes: Yup, all four tag teams for the TagMania Finals in one match. Bad news is while Furusawa looked good, Akima Brave was off his game, and worse, Yoshizawa suffered a strained Bicep from a botched move from Brave. Ugh.

Overall Rating: 50

attendance: 552

Yeah, a throwaway card,. but injuries are going to be a problem.

This is is how I'm thinking of booking TagMania:

Semi-Finals: American Cobras vs Brody or Brave/Perez (thinking of Findlay and Okamoto being at ringside to cancel out the Golden Domination intereference

Semi-Finals: Miura and Yoshizawa vs Furusawa/Ikoma

HOSS Match: Findlay/Matsushita vs ???

Finals: Furusawa/Ikoma vs American Cobras 

Dream Tag Match: Torii/Funakoshi vs Okamoto/SUKI (thinking of teasing Torii/Funakoshi through the Grand Prix)

I'll have to throw a couple more tag matches in there, stretch things out so the Cobras/Furusawa/Ikoma can rest as much as possible.

Edited by SirFozzie

BCG TAGMANIA!

Giant Brody is back! I immediately change around my plans for the main event of the tour.

Shiga has yet another protege, as he's taken Yutaka Ogawa under his ring. I'm suddenly not so sure that Shiga isn't using "this is my protege" as a reason to get free drinks. Do we have a problem here?

Before the card, I let the wrestlers speak in an open forum to get rid of grievances)

Ikoma speaks out ( small boost)

Yoshizawa (small Boost)

Sotomura (small)

Brody (Small)

Brave (Small)

No Pre-show Attendance 4,114 

OPENER ANGLE: Maeda welcomes us to TagMania! Frankie Perez comes out and tells Maeda that Akima Brave will be replacing Giant Brody in the TagMania tournament. Big Bruiser Findlay comes out and protests, if Brody can't go, then Perez should either forfeit or wrestle solo! Maeda says that the team of Perez and Brody were registered with the BCG office in TagMania, and thus Perez/Brody must wrestle tonight. Perez doesn't like this at all. (Rating:51)

Notes: Perez had trouble without a script.

TAGMANIA SEMI-FINALS: Furusawa and Ikoma defeated Miura and Yoshizawa (Furusawa over Yoshizara via Furusawa armbar, playing into Yoshizara's real injury at 20:22) Rating:61

Individual: Furusawa 83!!!!!!, Ikoma 53, Yoshizawa 43, Miura 28 (???)

Notes: No, Miura didn't have an off his game note. But man, Furusawa does it again.

TAGMANIA SEMI-FINALS: Giant Brody and Frankie Perez defeated the American Cobras (Brody over Spillaine, 1-handed choke slam at 14:35: Rating 56

Individual:Malloy 60, Perez 59, Spillaine 55, Brody 47

Notes: Brody wasn't great, but is seemingly 100% after his nose got broken last week. Honestly, I want to try Malloy and Spillaine at some point in solo matches.

Match 3: Akima Brave and Yuta Isono defeated Team Narahashi (Dynamite and Fujio at 13:09) (Brave over Fujio - Samoan Suplex) Rating: 53

Individual:F Narahashi 54, D. Narahashi 49, Brave 44, Isono 38

Notes: The finish was Brave hitting a samoan suplex, tagging in Isono to hit the ISONO FACE MELTER, but then demanding to be tagged back in, hitting Fujio with ANOTHER  Samoan Suplex, and they could've counted to 100. Isono's going to do a lot of talking for Golden Domination, but man, he's starting to get up there already.

Match 4: Rokuemon Matsushita and Big Bruiser Findlay defeat the Devil Machines at 17:16 (Findlay over Avatar - Atomic Spinebuster) Rating:64

Individual: Findlay 71, Matsushita 57, Okimassa 53, Avatar 48

Notes: Dinged for time, but I know Avatar and Okimassa will get the used too much, so worst of both worlds(

TAGMANIA FINAL!: Furusawa and Ikoma defeat Golden Domination (Furusawa over Perez - Furusawa armbar at 25:03) Rating: 73!!!

Individual: Furusawa 85 !!!!!, Ikoma 57, Perez 55, Brody 50

Notes: Frankie was off his game, but, Furusawa of course is a wrestling god.  45 minutes of matches, and performance of 83 and 85. Man, who gets the next title shot between Furusawa and Torii? Furusawa and Ikoma are the inagural TAGMANIA CHAMPIONS

DREAM TAG: Funakoshi and Torii defeat Okamoto and SUKI after 35:51 (Torii forearm smash on SUKI) Rating: 65

Individual: Okamoto 78, Funakoshi 76, SUKI 71,.Torii 68, 

Notes: Yet another blown eardrum. This time Okamoto suffered it, which slowed him down a bit. SUKI was a bit off his game, and Funakoshi and Torii have zero chemistry as tag team partners. I thought that this would be higher, which is why it was the main event. Oh well, that's on me for not testing out the combo before this. Funakoshi threw the botched strike that injured Okamoto

ANGLE: Funakoshi and Torii celebrate in the ring, but Torii stops after a few seconds, and points to the belt on Funakoshi's shoulder if to say "I want that" (Rating:64)

Rating: 62

Bleah. 

Post-card speech:

Furusawa praised on a great performance (pleased)

Suki praised for a good performance (pleased)

Miura Ripped into for their night's work (didn't seem concerned)

TV Rating again of 0.02, but nearly a 25% increase in viewership (21,155)

So, as we head to the end of February, we have about 10 days off before the Fighting Spirit Tour starts (half the 6 tour cards takes place in February)

Goals for this tour:

Funakoshi vs Torii for the title at Fighting Spirit? Or do we go a different direction, with the Grand Prix in April?

I want Taku the Younger to defend the Challengers belt at least once during the tour, and then again at Fighting Spirit

Is it time to pull the trigger on the Cobras winning the title and joining Golden Domination?

Okamoto/Findlay vs Perez/Brody at Fighting Spirit? (have Okamoto and Findlay run through the lesser GD players during the tour)

Interested in feedback, both from Dan, and everyone else.

Quick Breakdown of our stars:

Blast Ikoma has raised back up to a Major Star image with the TagMania win.

Major Stars

Funakoshi (7-0, Average 63, High 70, Low 52)

Torii (12-0, average rating 66, High, 79, Low 55)

Okamoto (9-2, Average 63, High 68, Low 55)

Ikoma (10-3, Average 62, High 73, Low 43)

Furusawa (10-3, Average 65, High 79, Low 43)

Stars

Big Bruiser Findlay (9-5, Average 58, High 71, Low 47)

Rokuemon Matsushita (4-5, Average 60, High 70, Low 43)

SUKI (6-5, Average 60, High 68, Low 50)

Some thoughts:

Torii has established himself as the #1 contender I think. Great matches, no losses over the last two months.

Funakoshi has done great as Champion, even with the injury he worked through. Do we need to give him more work?

Furusawa - Okamoto: Right now, I'm aiming at these two winning the groups at the Grand Prix (if I'm still the booker)

Ikoma: Well, that 43 for him (and Furusawa) was because the fans didn't like a tainted finish. He hasn't been great, and he's had the bonus of working with Furusawa all through the TagMania tournament. In his defense, he's been mostly good, but I think maybe we can use him to give a bit of a rub to one of our lesser stars (SUKI or Matsushita) at fighting Spirit, since we're thinking about programming Findlay and Okamoto as a team against Golden Domination. 

We definitely need to give SUKI and Matsushita more wins. Sure, most of their losses have been to top stars in tag matches, but .500 shouldn't be where they're at.

Agree generally with all the main points. Using Ikoma to elevate someone into the major star category might be a good call too, but the question would be "who gets the elevation" 

But yeah, Torii vs. Funk in the now, have Furusawa most likely win the Grand Prix to set up his title match would be my play. 

Notes: Our injuries heal over the two weeks or so between tours,

Fighting Spirit Tour Day 1: OSAKA (attendance 575)

Opener: The American Cobras defeated  Toshusai and Wolfsbane (Spillaine over Toshusai via submission: Kneeling Boston Crab at 17:33 (Rating:56)

Individual:Spillaine 58, Toshusai 56, Wolfsbaine 48, Malloy 45

Notes: I was expecting the tag team specialist bonus from the Cobras. I wasn't expecting the great chemistry between Toshusai and Wolfsbane!

Match 2: Findlay and Okamoto beat up and eventually beat Diaz/Isono at 3:33 (Findlay over Diaz-Automic Spinebuster 3:33) Rating 35

Individual: Okamoto 66, Findlay 58, Diaz 38, Isono 34

Notes: No squash matches. Not even to fufill a story line. Got it.

MAIN CARD

Opener: Akima Brave defeated Sojuro Sen at 12:43 via Samoan Suplex Rating: 53

Individual: Brave 43, Sen 50

Notes: Maybe time to reduce Akima Brave's push, and emphasize Brody as more of the hoss of the GD?

Match 2: Frankie Perez defeated Animal Harker at 15:57 via submission (P-Clutch) Rating: 57

Individual: Perez 59, Harker 47

Notes: Frankie was off his game somewhat. Still put in a pretty good match.

Match 3: Blast Ikoma and Mabuchi Furusawa defeated the Devil Machines  at 16:59 with a Ikoma Northern Lights Bomb on Okimassa (Rating:65)

Individual: Furusawa 76, Ikoma 56, Okimassa 53, Avatar 47

Notes: Wanted to give Ikoma and Furusawa one more match before splitting them up.

CHALLENGERS SERIES TITLE Match 4: Y. Taku defeated Yoshisada Matsuzawa at 17:49 (FULL NELSON BOMB) Rating:55

Individual: Taku the Younger 52, Matsuzawa 46

Notes: Taku makes his first defense of the Challengers Series title. A bit disappointed in the rating.

MAIN EVENT: Torii and SUKI defeated Funakoshi and Matsushita at 23:48 (Torii Spinning forearm smash over Matsushita) Rating: 76 (!!!!!)

Individual: Funakoshi 73, Torii 73, SUKI 61, Matsushita 58

Notes: Someone's 0 had to go and it was Funakoshi's first loss of the year (although  he didn't take the pinfall). Elevating Torii/Funakoshi and giving SUKI a rub? Don't mind if I do!

Final Rating: 70(!!!!!)