DVDVR Message Board

Black Canvas Grappling (A TEW Booking Committee Thread)

Shiga increases the psychology Amano and Kikuchi. Yay Shiga. 

BCG Champions Tour #6 in front of 635 people in Kyoto

Pre Show Match #1

Yuta Isono and Felipe Caballero defeat Shuga Amano and Goro Hatamoto in 11:49. Rating 42

Caballero 47, Isono 36, Hatamoto 31, Amano 29

Pre Show Match #2

Devil Machines defeat Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 12:13. Rating 49

Okimasa 54, Kinoshita & Mitsukuri 39, Avatar 38.

We were really bad in this match. We also have the coldest momentum in the company. Oof.

Main Show Match #1

Frankie Perez defeats Masashi Urogataya in 17:59. Rating 65

Perez 65, Urogataya 51.

Perez is rock solid in TM.

Main Show Match #2

The American Cobras defeat Freedom Force in 12:30. Rating 42

Spillane and Malloy 56, Laine 48, Americana 35.

Americana got a bruised Kidney on a botch from Malloy, Laine and Storm were both off there game. Sooo that was bad.

Main Show Match #3

Inejiro Yoshizawa defats Luke Pope in 13:45. Rating 51

Inejiro 47, Pope 43.

They didn't click, the show of blah continues.

Main Show Match #4

Golden Domination (Tatsuya Toshitaru and Giant Brody) defeat Massive Thunder in 19:35. Rating: 63

Yoshitaru 61, Hirose 55, Kawagishi 54, Brody 52.

Yeah, I'm just about done with Brody.

Main Show Match #5

The Lions (Big Bruiser Findlay, Tanyu Touhashi, Yoshinoru Taku, and Rokuemon Matsushita) defeat Azumamaru Kita, Animal Harker, and Kamisaka and Kitoyaka in 23:12. Rating 69

Findlay 70, Touhashi 66, Taku 65, Matsushita 62, Kita 53, Harker 52, Kamisaka 50, Kiyotaka 49.

Main Show Match #6

Mabuchi Furusawa and SUKI defeat Shining Force in 22:59. Rating 76

Furusawa 78, SUKI 69, Matsuzawa 53, Kikuchi 51.

Furusawa remains a king

Main Event

Razan Okamoto defeats Edo Phoenix IV in 24:08. Rating 77

Okamoto 77, Phoenix 56.

As does Razan.

Show Rating: 73. 

Well, the Devil Machines got turned to jobbers in my booking, I mean, I wasn't going to complain that I was booking myself to lose. All that mattered is getting OTHER people over and getting a decent enough rating (and the fact we had good chemistry meant that we were being fed to everyother team and folks who needed a push).

We can fix that, but it's going to take months.

Here's my Selected  Power rankings

Tier S: Furusawa, Okamoto, Torii

Tier A: Findlay (was about to crest into Tier S I believe, but he's going), SUKI, Ikoma, Touhashi, Funakoshi

Tier B: Toshitaru, Frankie Perez,  Taka the Younger

Tier C : Phoenix IV, Matsushita, The Cobras, Wolf, Laine

Loyal folks are good, but guys like Frankie, SUKI, and the Cobras, I think the second we hit Medium, if not sooner, we need to get them on written contracts.

BCG Champions Tour #7, in front of 637 people in Osaka

Pre Show Match #1

Shuga Amano and Big Boss Emperor defeat Dreadnought and Noboyuki Kudo in 10:16. Rating: 30

Amano 30, Kudo 29, Emperor 27, Dreadnought 26

Pre Show Match #2

Massive Thunder defeat Shining Force in 18:10. Rating 57

Hirose 57, Yatsuzawa 54, Kawagishi 52, Kikuchi 50

Main Show Match #1

Storm Spillane defeats Masashi Urogataya in 16:40. Rating 62

Spillane 56, Urogataya 52

Main Show Match #2 

The Loyalists (Yoshizawa and Narahashi) defeat Gidayu Katou and Roku Satomura. Rating 49

Yoshizawa 49, Katou 48, Satomura 47, Narahashi 43.

Literally everyone in this match was off there game except Roku, who doesn't matter.

Main Show Match #3

Tatsuya Toshitaru and Marvel Malloy defeat Noritoshi Miura and Azumamaru Shimizu in 17:52. Rating 57

Toshitaru 60, Shimizu and Miura 49, Malloy 44.

Match was too short and Tosh was off his game, but the 44 from Malloy is a "Huh?" rating.

Main Show Match #4

Funkaoshi defeats Azumamaru Kita in 21:52. Rating 74

Funkaoshi 74, Kita 49.

Funk has a big night planned at the big show, so I'm looking forward to this.

Main Show Match #5

The Lions (Okamoto, Toshusai, Taku, Matsuhita) defeat Golden Domination (Perez, Miyake, Isono, and Diaz) in 19:32. Rating 69.

Okamoto 75, Toshusai 67, Taku 62, Matsushita 62, Perez 62, Miyake 55, Diaz 39, Isono 35.

Okamoto putting up casual 75's is huge, but that 67 from Tosh is worth noting too. Maybe he usurps to the secondary position in the Lions at this rate.

Main Show Match #6

SUKI defeats Edo Phoenix IV in 21:48. Rating: 70

SUKI 69, Phoenix 52.

Main Show Match #7

Mabuchi Furusawa defeats Kadonomaro Kamisaka in 22:58. Rating: 72

Furusawa 76, Kamisaka 48

Casual Furusawa dominates.

Main Event.

Winner is Next Challenger for Bundaruken Torii: Big Bruiser Findlay defeats Blast Ikoma in 23:53. Rating: 77

Findlay 70, Ikoma 66.

Findlay gets a big title match before I write him off. Also, fucking nice on that 77 rating you too.

Overall Rating: 70.

That seems... low. I had 5 matches at 69 or higher. Why a 70? You are weird game.

And Big Show Time

BCG Test of Champions in front of 5,000 people (!!!) at The Roaring Lion (The First Show in our new personalized Venue)

Pre-Show Match #1

Luke Pope and Logan Wolfsbaine defeat Felipe Caballero and James Diaz in 13:15. Rating 51

Wolfsbaine 53, Pope 46, Caballero 43, Diaz 33.

No chemistry from Felipe and James, Pope was off his game, and this still was rock solid

Pre-Show Match #2

Massive Thunder defeats The Devil Machines in 15:27. Rating: 63

Kawagishi 65, Hirose 64, Okimasa 56, Avatar 45.

Main Show Match #1

Inejiro Yoshizawa defeats Noritoshi Miura in 11:55. Rating 56

Yoshizawa 51, Miura 46.

Well that sucked. Wanted to end that angle in a strong way, but Miura basically is pissing off on a bad performance.

Main Show Match #2

Frankie Perez defeats Azumamaru Shimizu in 15:38. Rating 59

Perez 59, Shimizu 48.

Show hasn't opened great, but the rest should be hot.

Main Show Match #3.

BCG Challenge Series Title Match: Yoshinaku Taku defeats Giant Brody in 20:02 to make Defense #5 of the Challenge Series Title. Rating: 70

Taku 67, Brody 54. 

Good chemistry helps carry this as Taku gets a big defense in front ot he largest crowd he's ever worked in front of.

Main Show Match #4

Tatsuya Toshitaru defeats Noriyori Sanda in 20:51. Rating: 80 (Yeah, you good Tosh)

Toshitaru 74, Sanda 65.

No positive chemistry or anything, and Sanda is deep in decline. Just a good match at a good time. Tosh is a good pick.

Main Show Match #5

Razan Okamoto defeats Dynamite Narahashi in 22:30. Rating: 82 (Razan you king)

Razan 88 (hahaha), Narahashi 51 (Bringing the least possible to a great match)

What a carryjob. They have great chemistry but this was just a total Razan show. 

Main Show Match #6 

Mabuchi Furusawa and Funkaoshi defeats Tanyu Touhashi and Rokuemon Matsushita in 24:04. Rating: 79

Funkaoshi 85, Furusawa 85 (Just keeping on with those 2), Matsushita 68, Touhashi 67.

3 straight matches at or above 79. Not bad

Funkaoshi proceeds to grab a microphone, and is having a conversation about a potential long term partnership with Furusawa. While Furusawa is distracted, The Loyalists run in from the crowd and attack him. Funk just watches it happen, before nodding at Blast and joining the attack! It looks like the Loyalists have gained a powerful new member.

Rating: 58. 

Main Show Match #7

Blast Ikoma defeats SUKI in 24:59. Rating 78

SUKI 83, Blast 71

Blast let me down a bit here, but it keeps the Loyalists momentum going. Also, congrats to SUKI on his new written contract!

Main Event

BCG World Title Match: Bundaruken Torii defeats Big Bruiser Findlay in 23:52. Rating: 82

Torii 92 (Wha?), Findlay 78

Match was hurt by lack of psychology and Findlay having an off day. It benefited from great chemistry. 

Show Rating: 80 (Fuck Yeah)

Are there any good resources for people new to this game? I downloaded the trial version, and honestly I feel like I need a doctorate in computer science to understand all of it.

BCG Soul Survivor Series Night #1 in front of 652 people in Kobe

Pre Show Match 1

Golden Domination (Diaz and Isono) defeat Takenori Doi and Suguru Emoto in 12:15. Rating 38

Diaz 40, Isono 38, Doi 32, Emoto 30.

Pre Show Match 2

The Exploders (Caballero and Iliakov) defeat Shugo Amano and Yutaka Ogata (Yes, he's still around to keep Shiga happy) in 11:35. Rating 33

Caballero 49, Ikiakov 40, Amano 30, Ogata 22

Iliakov comes back from injury, finally start to team him and Caballero, Caballero gets chronic back pain. From a botch by Ogata, who I kept to not piss off Shiga. Fuck that. Bye Ogata.

Main Show Match #1

Sole Survivor Block 1 Match: Commander Kawagishi defeats Omezo Shikitai in 16:13. Rating 57

Kawagishi 52, Shikitai 47.

Kawagishi gets a decent win, which is good for his momentum. 

Main Show Match #2

Sole Survivor Block 1 Match:  Masashi Urugotaya defeats Logan Wolfsbaine in 11:47. Rating: 58.

Wolfsbaine 60, Urugotata 51.

Main Show Match #3

Sole Survivor Block 1 Match: Gidayu Katou defeats Dynamite Narahashi in 12:45. Rating 55

Katou 53, Narahashi 48

Now that Narahashi had his big match with Okamoto, I'm ready to make him irrelevant cause he sucks!

Main Show Match #4

Golden Domination (Perez, Motoyuki, and and the American Cobras) defeat Luke Pope, Joffy Laine, Noboyuki Doi, and Azumamar Kita in 14:25. Rating: 60

Perez 65, Spillane 57, Miyake 54, Kita 51, Pope 49, Malloy 48, Laine 46, Doi 27.

Gave Doi a chance to try with the big boys. Didn't go great.

Main Show Match #5

Mabuchi Furusawa and Bundaruken Torii defeat Shining Force in 21:45. Rating 71

Torii 76, Furusawa 72, Kikuchi 52, Matsuzawa 50.

Torii might actually be our MVP at this point. I almost view him as our Misawa, with Funk as our Kawada and Razan as our Kobashi. Findlay would have been a great Taue, but what can ya do.

Main Show Match #6

SUKI and Funkaoshi fought to a Double Disqualification. Rating: 24 (hahaha, woops.)

SUKI 74, Funkaoshi 70.

Welp.

The Loyalists (Funkaoshi, Ikoma, Narahashi, Yoshizawa) are beating down SUKI when Mabuchi Furusawa runs in and drives them back. 

Rating 60

Main Event

Soul Survivor Block 1 Match: Razan Okamoto defeats Edo Phoenix IV in 22:03. Rating 75.

Razan 78, Edo 50.

Hopefully that partially offsets the previous match.

Show Rating 69. 

Won't complain. 

BCG Sole Survivor Night #2, in front of 662 people in Kyoto

Pre Show Match #1

Kiyotaka, Shugo Amano, and Takenori Doi defeat Roku Satomura, Goro Hatamoto, and Wataru Kikumoto in 13:19. Rating 44

Kiyotaka 52, Satomura 51, Amamo 32, Doi 32, Kikumoto 30, Hatomoto 29.

Pre-Show Match #2

Luke Pope defeats Austin Smooth in 11:02. Rating: 37

Pope 36, Smooth 30

Smooth is my one addition this tour, after a lot of cuts. They didn't click so this wasn't an amazing chance to evaluate him. 

Pre-Show Match #3

Logan Wolfsbaine defeats Yoto Isono 10:26. Rating 50

Wolfsbaine 57, Isono 29

Main Show Match #1

Soul Survivor Block 2 Match: Motoyuki Miyame defeats Azumamaru Shimizu in 16:54. Rating 56

Miyame 53, Shimizu 47.

Main Show Match #2

Soul Survivor Block 2 Match: Yoshisada Matsuzawa defeats Kadonmaro Kamisaka in 11:45. Rating 48

Matsuzawa 45, Kamisaka 44

Main Show Match #3

Soul Survivor Block 2 Match: Animal Harker defeats Akima Brave in 11:54. Rating 50

Harker 50, Brave 38.

Blech to Brave. I think he's next on my chopping block.

Main Show Match #4

Massive Thunder defeats Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 10:20. Rating: 58.

Kawagishi 60, Hirose 59, Mitsukuri 40, Kinoshita 39.

Kawagishi and Hirose will be taking the tag belts now. They are just rock solid and both have good momentum.

Main Show Match #5

The Remnants (Urogataya and Kikuchi) defeat The Devil Machines in 13:44. Rating 56

Okimasa 56, Urogataya 53, Kikuchi 48, Avatar 37

We suck. The Remnants is my new GCG themed group. I'll put the full group shortly.

Main Show Match #6

The Loyalissts (Blast Ikoma, Dynamite Narahashi, Inejiro Yoshizawa defeats The Lions (Matsushita, Touhashi, and Taku) in 21:02. Rating: 71

Ikoma 69, Taku, Matsushita, and Taku 68, Yoshizawa 55, Narahashi 47.

Reeeaaally need to demote Narahashi to the pre-show squad.

Main Show Match #7

Soul Survivor Block 2 Match: Funkaoshi defeats Frankie Perez in 27:21. Rating 81 (Woo Boy)

Funkaoshi 78, Pere 67.

Sucks what should have been the finals was a first round match, but random draw is random draw.

Main Event

Razan Okamoto and Big Bruiser Findlay defeats SUKI and Mabuchi Furusawa in 32:07. Rating 72

Okamoto 77, Findlay and SUKI 70, Furusawa 65. 

Furusawa broke his jaw, which really held this back from being a big main event. Findlay's botch hurt Furusawa. Yeah, that's 3 wrestles Findlay has hurt. I kinda want miss him to a degree?