DVDVR Message Board

Black Canvas Grappling (A TEW Booking Committee Thread)

BCG Grand Prix Tour Night #8, in front of 610 people in Kobe

Pre Show Match 1

Goro Hamato and Omezo Shikitei defeat The Great Avatar and Shugo Amano in 10:20. Rating: 45

Shikitei 52, Avatar 45, Hatamoto 30, Amano 28

Pre Show Match 2

Luke Pope and Yuta Isono defeat James Diaz and Joffy Laine in 10:07. Rating: 46

Pope 47, Diaz 42, Laine 42, Isono 35.

Pre Show Match 3

Shining Force defeats Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 10:18. Rating: 48

Kikuchi and Matsuzawa 49, Mitsukuri 39, Kinoshita 36

Main Show Match 1

Motoyuki Miyake defeats Commander Kawagishi in 16:42. Rating: 57

Miyake 52, Kawagishi 48

Keep wanting to establish Miyake.

Main Show Match 2

Logan Wolfsbaine defeats Akima Brave in 10:45. Rating: 53

Wolfsbaine 52, Brave 45

Main Show Match 3

Grand Prix Block B Match: SUKI (9 points) defeats Giant Brody (3 points) in 21:27. Rating: 65

SUKI: 67, Brody 49

SUKI has picked up his game since my problems early in the tour. Probably over reacted giving him the loss to Findlay, but I think I know the play to get out of that.

Main Show Mtach 4

Grand Prix Block B Match: Azumamaru Kita (6 points) defeats Animal Harker (0 points) in 22:26. Rating: 57

Kita 50, Harker 49.

Just getting the Block B problems sorted.

Main Show Match 5

Grand Prix Block A Match: Edo Phoenix IV (3 points) defeats Dynamite Narahashi (0 points) in 21:30.  Rating 60

Phoenix 56, Narahashi 49. 

Main Show Match 6

Brand Prix Block A Match: Razan Okamoto (12 points defeats Frankie Perez (6 points) in 21:21. Rating: 71

Okamoto 74, Perez 50.

Perez injuries are still taking a big toll, but Okamoto doesn't care and carried him to something great anyway.

Main Event

Grand Prix Block A Match: Funkaoshi (12 points) defeats Azumamaru Shimizu (3 points) in 21:31. Rating 70

Funkaoshi 72 Shimizu 48.

Basically a one man show from Funk, and a good sign with his recent run of eh performance.

Overall Rating 69

Nice.

Current Grand Prix standings going into the final day for both blocks.

Group A

Funkaoshi: 12 points (4-0-0) Last remaining match against Okamoto

Okamoto: 12 points (4-0-0) Last remaining match against Funkaoshi

Perez: 6 points (2-2-0) Last remaining match against Narahashi

Shimizu 3 points (1-3-0) Last remaining match against Phoenix

Phoenix 3 points (1-3-0) Last remaining match against Shimizu

Narahashi 0 points (0-4-0) Last remaining match against Perez.

Kind of what would be expected. the cornerstones have fended off all comers, now it's just to see who takes the field win and who gets second

Group B

Big Bruiser Findlay: 12 points (4-0-0) Last remaining match against Harker

Furusawa: 9 points (3-1-0)  Last remaining match against SUKI

SUKI: 9 points (3-1-0) Last remaining match against Furusawa

Kita: 6 points (2-3-0) Finished.

Brody: 3 points (1-4-0) Finished

Harker: 0 points (0-4-0) Last remaining match against Findlay

Findlay will hold the top spot if he beats Harker (and no way he isn't), but Furusawa and SUKI is the interesting element. 

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

Furusawa and Kit have both recovered from there injuries, making It obviously time to run the group B finals first.

BCG Grand Prix Tour Night #9 in front of 621 people in Kobe

Pre Show Match 1

Motoyuki Miyake and Omezo Shikitei defeats Shining Force in 12:22. Rating 53

Kikuchi and Matsuzawa 52, Miyake 47, Shikitei 46

Pre Show Match 2

Logan Wolfsbaine and Logan Diaz defeat Luke Pope and Great Avatar in 12:18. Rating: 50

Wolfsbaine 51, Pope, 50, Avatar 43, Diaz 38.

Wolfsbaine and Diaz might be cousins, but they are shitty tag partners

Pre Show Match 3: 

Sharaku Okimasa won a 20 Man Battle Royal. Rating 52

Main Show Match 1

Lion Genji and Fujio Narahashi defeat Yoshinaku Taku and Dynamite Narahashi in 17:49. Rating: 57

Taku 60, Genjo 53, D Narahashi 44, F Narahashi 43

Setting up the Genjo/Taku match.

Main Show Match 2

Edo Phoenix IV defeats Commander Kawagishi in 12:15. Rating: 44

Kawagishi 42, Phoenix 37

Welp, bad chemistry ruining what should have been a fun match. Boo.

Main Show Match 3

Blast Ikoma defeats Giant Brody in 16:31. Rating: 55

Ikoma 56, Brody 48

This was a re-heating for Ikoma, as the next show is a big night for him and his lovely little group.

Main Show Match 4

Azumamaru Kita defeats Gidayu Katou in 12:50. Rating 57

Kita 54, Katou 49

Main Show Match 5

Grand Prix Block B Match: Big Bruiser Findlay (15 points) defeats Animal Harker (0 points) in 20:46. Rating: 62

Findlay 67, Harker 51

And Findlay gets his perfect score.

Main Show Match 5

Bundaruken Torii and Tany Touhashi defeat Miura and Yoshizawa Rating 62

Torii 76, Yoshizawa 58, Miura 56, Touhashi 55

Touhashi got his nose broken in the match. As being the one to get a pinfall, Touhashi gets to a tag title match.

Main Event

Grand Prix Block B Match: Mabuchi Furusawa (10 points) fought SUKI (10 points) to a to a 30 Minute Time Limit Draw. Rating: 80!!!!

Furusawa 77, SUKI 65

I banked on this being a match that can carry a show. I banked correctly. Fuck yeah 80!

Overall Rating: 73

Block B finishes with Findlay a far and away winner, while Furusawa and SUKI do a perfect tie for the 2 spot. Both wrestled each other to a draw, and there only loss came to Findlay. 

I present to you...

Your 2020 Roaring Lion Dojo Graduates!

Ichiyo Hideyoshi! 19 year old Lightweight! It seems like he sucks. Really bad!

Kazuzo Ohmiya!  20 year old Flabby Middleweight! He seems like the worst wrestler on our roster by a wide margin!

Masahiko Hiraga! 23 year old Ripped Super Heavyweight! He might have something, but he's also a total dick backstage!

The 2020 Roaring Lion Dojo Graduates suck!

Lion Genji is almost done with his run with us, and he had some backstage problems, and had to be put in front of wrestlers court. He made a mess and didn't clean it. Now he can go to his room.

BCG Grand Prix Tour Night #10 in front of 607 people in Osaka

Pre Show Match 1

DEBUT MATCH FOR THE 2020 ROARING LION DOJO GRADUATES

Big Boss Emperor, Yutaka Ogata, and Ikki Hosaka defeat Ichiyo Hideyoshi, Kazuzo Ohmiya and Masahiko Hiraga in 5:53. Rating: 22 (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Emperor 28, Ogata 23, Hosaka 22, Hiraga 17 (!!!!), Hideyoshi 12 (!?!?!?!?!?), Ohmiya…. wait for it...… 6

I would like the class of 2020 for coming in through our dojo, and we would like to wish them well on there future endeavors.

Main Show Match 1

Blast Ikoma defeats Danjuro Kikuchi in 21:22. Rating: 62

Ikoma 57, Dikuchi 50

Just building up Ikoma a bit more for the real big angle coming up.

Post Match, SUKI runs down to the ring and attacks Ikoma, leading to a pull apart brawl. 

Rating 63

Main Show Match 2

Grand Prix Block A Match: Edo Phoenix IV (6 points) defeats Azamamaru Shimizu (3 points) in 11:56. Rating: 53

Phoenix 52, Shimizu 46

Main Show match 3

Mabuchi Furusawa defeats Joffy Laine in 14:35. Rating: 64

Furusawa 75, Laine 38

Not much here other then giving Laine a somewhat bigger match.

Main Show Match 4

Grand Prix Block A Match: Frankie Perez (9 points) defeats Dynamite Narahashi (0 points) in 22:03. Rating 64

Perez 67, Narahashi 43

Perez is healthy now! Yay!

Main Event

Grand Prix Block A Match: Funkaoshi (15 points) defeats Razan Okamoto (12 points) in 28:49. Rating: 80

Funkaoshi 71, Okamoto 68.

Real nice of the matches the blocks were build around to 100% deliver. Fuck yeah boys. 

Overall Rating: 72.

And now for the Payoff!

BCG Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2020, held in front of 2,931 fans in Osaka

Pre Show Match 1

Animal Harker and Joffy Laine defeat Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 9:55. Rating: 51

Laine 53, Harker 52, Kinoshita 41, Mitsukuri 40.

Pre Show Match 2

Gidayu Katou and Azumamaru Shimizu defeat Kamisaki and Kiyotaka in 14:44. Rating: 56

Katou 54, Kamisaki 54, Shimizu 52, Kiyotaka 52

Pre Show Match 3

Motoyuki Miyake, The Devil Machines, and The Black Iron Corps defeat Golden Domination (Akima Brave, Yuto Isono, Dreadnaught, James Diaz) and Luke Pope in 14:07. Rating: 54

Miyake 57, Kita 56, Naranhashi 55, Okisawa 55, Pope 54, Brave 49, Avatar 46, Diaz 41, Isono 36, Dreadnaught 26

That 54 for Pope, better then anyone in Golden Domination, is a big note for me. He looked every part the player of anyone else in the match, some of which are rock solid midcarders, and he's been in the US less then a month.

As the show starts, SUKI makes his way down to the ring for the Triple Threat Match between himself, Furusawa, and Funkaoshi. but before he can get to the ring, Blast Ikoma runs in, leaving him laying! SUKI is busted open and pulled out of the match by doctors order

Rating 41

Bah. "Nothing Eventful Happening" my ass.

Main Show Match 1

Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix Semi Final Match:  Mabuchi Furusawa defeats Funkaoshi in 24:04. Rating: 82!!!!!!!

Furusawa 86 (Holy Fucking Shit) Funkaoshi 69

Well that fucking delivered. 

Main Show Match 2

The American Cobras defeat Shining Force in 12:20. Rating: 58

Malloy 61, Kikuchi 56, Matsuzawa 55, Spillane 49

Spillane was hindered a bit by injury, but overall a solid break match

Main Show Match 3

Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix Semi Final Match: Razan Okamoto defeats Big Bruiser Findlay in 23:42. Rating: 79!!!!!

Okamoto 80, Findlay 67

That 67 for Findlay was him off his game. He was off his game and he still put up a 67. That's great shit

Main Show Match 4

BCG World Tag Team Title Match: Tosh and Wolf defeat Miura and Yoshizawa in 21:03 to become the NEW BCG World Tag Team Champions: Rating: 68

Tosh 63, Miura and Yoshizawa 60, Wolf 57

I was debating not doing the title switch, but they could be transitional champs if it feels off in a month or two. Also, it sets up something else.

Main Show Match 5

BCG Challengers Series Title Match: Yoshinaku Taku defeats Lion Genji in 22:24 to retain the title. Rating: 69

Taku 65, Genji 61

Genji was not happy to do the job. But screw you, you were just for this purpose.

SUKI comes out, head bandaged, and demands a match with Blast Ikoma, right now!

Rating: 69

Main Show Match 6

Blast Ikoma defeats SUKI in 22:58. He was joined at ringside by Miura and Yoshizawa as well. Rating: 72

Blast 65, SUKI 62

SUKI was off his game and that turned this from something that could have been pretty special to just solid. Still, hard to complain about a 72 to get the Loyalists angle really going somewhere.

Main Show Match 7

BCG World Title Match: Bundaruken Torii defeats Frankie Perez in 23:47 to retain the title. Rating: 81

Torii 85 (WITH A BROKEN NOSE!) Perez 63.

Fucking shit Torii is special.

Main Show Match 8

Rokuemon Matshushita defeats Giant Brody in 15:34. Rating 50

Matsushita 56, Brody 46

Well, this was meant to be a cool down match. Now I'm worried it worked too well.

MAIN EVENT

BCG Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix Finals: Mabuchi Furusawa defeats Razan Okamoto in 23:45 to become the 2020 Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix Winner. Rating: 82 (!!!)

Furusawa 92 (HOLY SHIT), Okamoto 88 (HOLY FUCKING SHIT)

THEY HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY. TWO OF OUR 3 BEST WORKERS HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY

But I burnt out the crowd! This could have been the Japanese match of the year if I took a match or two out there! DAMMIT

Overall Rating: 79 (FUCK YEAH)

My god the Grand Prix felt like it was one headache after another, but good god damn the last 3 shows pulled it back to what I wanted it to be. 

I gave a speech post show, complimenting all of Furusawa, Okamoto, and Torii for amazing performances. 

After the tour I finally decided to shorten our 59 man roster (woof) a bit.

Cuts

Lion Genji. He technically still had 2 more dates on his contract, but his story ended at the loss to Taku.

Ichiyo Hideyoshi. I gave him 1 match, and it was horrible and he was the 2nd worst guy in it. Pure Blood or not, he is not good.

Kakuzo Ohmiya. I am not being sarcastic when I say he might be the worst wrestler in the world. He put up a 6 in his debut match. A six! And he wasn't listed as being off his game! 6 is just him. He also has a 15 in Star Quality. He is a dead end.

Masahiko Hiraga. You would think a Ripped Superheavyweight would be something to potentially hold onto. But he's clearly a long way off, and has an Agitator personality. He's not nearly good enough to be worth having that attitude in the locker room. He's gone.

That is it for now, though I've had these names also on the drop list and wanted to talk about them first. I can see cases to keep them or to get rid of them.

Giant Brody. Okay, look. Brody is a well known talent. His present popularity in Kansai is 47. Those don't scream cut. But he's just... He's not a fit. His popularity requires him to have 20 minute matches, and he can't do them. Rok has the same problem,  but he's A: Loyal and B: Better. 

Yokokawa and Sen. Look, our tag division is already solid, they are 40 and 35 respectively, and they are just... kinda eating up space.

Animal Harker. With Findlay kinda elevated at the moment, Harker has been left behind. 

Some of the young lions. I'm thinking Issi Hosaka, Yutuga Ogata, Ginji Kisaka, and Sugara Emoto.

ROSTER CHECK

Major Stars (Not including Maeda) 7. Fursawa (65 Pop), Torii (65), Okamoto (63), Funkaoshi (63), Findlay (58), Ikoma (56), SUKI (53)

Stars 3. Matsushita, Taku, and Touhashi, all at 51

Well Known . Brody (47), Perez (45), Miura and Yoshizawa (41)

Recognizable: Too many to count. 

So major movement notes around the Japanese scene. 

Noriyori Sanda was indeed let go by PGHW. I've made the decision to bring him in on a 5 show deal on the upcoming tour, with the plan to hopefully put Taku over him for the Challenge series. But he wasn't the big fish that was let go.

For... some reason I can't comprehend, BHOTWG let Tatsuyu Toshitaru's contract expire. He would be a hugely costly addition (1,500 dollars per show), but the last 2 matches he put up in BHOTWG were six man tags in the 80's his average match on the year before he was let to walk in late April was 80. 

The other downside: he's selfish. But he's an opportunity I have to take. At least on a trial basis. 

Another interesting addition to free agency: Yuri Illakov. 21CW wasn't dumb enough to let Victor Beskov get away from them, as they repacked him in a tag team with BW Eddie. Yuri though is a solid enough worker who could fit into our midcard, as a new member of the Golden Domination. And he wants very little money, so I'm signing him up and seeing how it goes.

And, in spite of my goal of shortening my roster, there are a slew of people I want to give a shot to again. I'm bringing in Shogun Watoga, Masashi Urugataya, Shimpei Hirose (To complete the tag team with Commander), and Orange Tsuchie. 

Also, the Maeda Invitation jumped up in prestige from 54... .to 72. It is now the 4th most prestigious "title" in Japan, behind on PGHW's Elite series and the PGHW World and BHOTWG World Title.

I also have negotiated to show our Tour Highlights on Shogun TV with a 25% revenue split coming to us. I canelled our deal with All Japan TV to do so. Hopefully that will speed up our growth.

Welp, a couple wrenches thrown in now.

BHOTWG swooped and signed Orange and Shogun before I could. I'm now strongly considering offering written contracts to SUKI, and Findlay, as they are too major a part of our organization to risk losing at presence I feel. BHOTWG's signing spree over the past months has gutted PGHW (SATO and Reaver were huge losses for there depth, especially with Sanda in strong time decline and heading our way for a stint. Outside of Night of PRIDE, (were they had the 3 strongest matches they've had as a company all year), they haven't had a show break above 75 overall yet. With WLW far far into the gutter (They haven't had a show above 66 yet and only one match above 71), it's almost a contest of who can get elevate quicker between us, 5SSW, and EXODUS. But Exodus losing Orange is a giant blow to them. 5SSW started much smaller then us but are having an incredible year. 

We are starting to make real progress at expanding to Medium though. Our last event was well received enough to finally bump us up a point in Kansai (54), and 2 points in Chuba.

That said,  the actual wrench thrown into my plan: Miura gave his notice, so now our most established tag team is about to be separated. That is a curve ball in my planned story, but at least I have time to counter act it.

Also, I'm making a judgement call to do something that probably feels like a wrong decision but feels like a good move. I'm closing down our Training Facility. It would be a full year for the new students to come out, and the last 3 were absolutely horrific. Shutting down the facility will make us a clean 134,000 dollars. That's 2 months of revenue, and put us over 700,000 dollars  I am then going to take the revenue from that move in order to invest in a new Venue for our company. The new location, which I'm just calling the Roaring Lion, can house up to 5,000 people and we won't have to pay to run shows there. Seems like a good setup. We can expand the venue if we choose down the line as well. 

Welp just found out there still is an expense to run the venue we own of over 5,000 dollars a show. It's still a huge benefit to run for our big events, but that sucks. I might create another venue that can hold 1,000 as well as a cheap homebased. But yeah, not awesome. The good news is the venue is 100% importance and a hotbed.

New Tour Time! I have ideas and changes to some of our existing stables, which this tour will be more about establishing. It's a quick 7 shows and then a big one, so it should be simple.

BCG Champions Tour Night 1 in front of 609 people in Kyoto

Pre Show Match 1

Azumamaru Kita and Danjuro Kikuchi defeat Omezo Shikitei and Joffy Laine in 11:41. Rating: 50

Kita 53, Kikuchi 51, Shikitei and Laine 39

Zero Chemistry between Shikitei and Laine. I like both I'm just struggling to have a spot even in the midcard for either. Also, that was supposed to be Shimizu, so Kita is doing double duty today. Woops. 

Pre Show Match 2

Luke Pope and Animal Harker defeat Yuri Iliakov and James Diaz in 12:04. Rating: 44

Pope 52, Harker 48, Diaz 41, Iliakov 39. 

Welcome to Black Canvas Iliakov! Enjoy the broken ribs.

Main Show Match 1

Funkaoshi defeats Masashi Urogataya in 21:50. Rating: 67

Funkaoshi 67, Urogataya 53

Welcome to Black Canvas Urogataya! He is going to be in play in a stable very shortly, but he's also part of what I'm viewing as the "Technical Masterclass" division. Guys who are here to have good openers after the pre show warms the show up. I agree with the open with Technical Masterclass and transition to Steal the Show. Speaking of which.

Main Show Match 2

Massive Thunder (Kawagishi and Hirose) defeat Felipe Caballero and Americana Jr. in 11:51. Rating: 50

Kawagishi 58, Hirose 54, Caballero 43, Americana 27

Americana was hugely off his game. I signed both to regular contracts. Caballero is much more ready to play now, but Americana feels like a huge prospect once he gets more experience, and I'm gonna try to work with him. 

Main Show Match 3

Motoyuki Miyake and Tatsuyu Toshitaru defeat Kandomasa and Kitoyaki in 15:54. Rating: 50 (Uhhhh)

Kitoyaki and Kandomasa 50, Toshitaru 48 (fucking what), Miyake 46. 

So, that's a zero chemistry. That sucks. Even with 0 chemistry a 48 is fucking ridiculously low. I'm giving him a couple more shots, but the marriage with Toshitaru might not last long.

Blast Ikoma comes out to the ring, bragging about his victory over the "Golden Boy" SUKI. Out comes SUKI to seemingly reinstate the fight, but before he can he is attacked by both Inejiro Yoshizawa and Dynamite Narahashi. Blast just stands in the ring watching the two beat SUKI down.

Rating: 50

Main Show Match 4

"The Loyalists (Blast Ikoma, Dynamite Narahashi, and Inejiro Yoshizawa) defeat Golden Domination (The American Cobras and Akima Brave) in 20:35. Rating 62

Blast 62, Storm 57, Marvel 55, Yoshizawa 53, Brave 48, Narahashi 47

Yoshizawa and Miura being broken up should be fun. I like the Loyalists as a group, and they still have more members coming. 

Razan Okamoto comes down and questions why Dynamite Narahashi has left the Lions. Narahashi blows him off, leading to Okamoto challenging Narahashi to a match. He also introduces the two newest members of the Lions, Tanyu Touhashi and Logan Wolfsbaine

Rating 78

And the Lions are solidified at the moment with Okamoto, Rokuemon, Findlay, Taku, and Wolf and Tosh. There are a lot of upside there.

Main Show Match 5

The Lions (Okamoto, Taku, Touhashi, and Wolfsbaine) defeats Edo Phoenix IV, Gidayu Katou, and The Black Iron Crops in 18:14. Rating: 63

Okamoto 73, Touhashi 63, Taku 62, Wolfsbaine 57, Phoenix 52, Katou 49, Narahashi and Kita 47

Kita was super bad in his second match of the night, but still, I'm overall happy.

Main Event

Frankie Perez defeats Noriyori Sanda in 22:15. Rating: 63 (Woof)

Sanda 59, Perez 57.

Another bad chemistry mamtch I was banking on. Bah

Overall Rating: 61

Well, that's not great. 

Another note. 5SSW is having an amazing year... in ring. They are having a horrific year financially. If they do die (and they are at less then 25,000 right now), we could set up a women's division. There is so much women's talent out there, and they could be another big feather in our cap.

Oh, and the CWA is in debt. That's some of the OTHER most talented women's wrestlers in the world about to become available. Yes, the roster gore is getting out of hand. But being able to take, say, Yu Hashmito, Romi Yamato, Etsuki Arihyoshi, Megumi Nakajima, and etc., and pair them with Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Laura Flame, and Brooke Tyler from NOTBPW. We could very easily get the greatest women's division ever assembled.

Oh, and if CWA dies, Cameron Vessey, David Stone, Jared Johnson, Shooter Sean Deelay, Hugh Ancrie.

39 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Is Maeda going to allow women's wrestling?

(or are we going to have to start up BCJG (Black Canvas Joshi Grappling)? ?

I tried changing the women's wrestling element in our product to check. He had no complaints about us setting up a division. 

Also, 5SSW already had disputes that led to Yu Hashimoto being released. She is probably the best free agent in wrestling right now, being legit.

BCG Champions Tour Night #2 in front of 616 people in Osaka

Pre Show Match 1

Mitsukuri and Kinoshita defeat Goro Hatamoto and Wataru Kikimoto in 7:49. Rating: 36

Kinoshita and Mitsukuri: 38,  Kikimoto 30, Hatamoto 29

Pre Show Match 2

Yutaka Ogata and Takenori Doi defeat Ikki Hosaka and Shuga Amano: Rating: 29

Amano and Doi: 31, Ogata and Hosaka 23

I've seen enough of Ogata and Hosaka. Doi was off his game and put up a 31. But Ogata and Hosaka will be cut after this show.

Pre Show Match 3

The Shining Force defeat Noboyuki Kudo and Suguru Emoto, Americana Jr. and Luke Pope, and Yuta Isono and Felipe Caballero in 11:24. Rating: 46

Matsuzawa 52, Kikuchi 51, Pope 49, Caballero 47, Americano 39, Isono 37, Emoto 30, Kudo 27. 

Feel better about the Americano hiring already. I'm already very confident in Pope and Caballero. 

Pre Show Match 4

Massive Thunder defeat Ginji Kisaka and Yuta Kanesaka in 9:13. Rating: 47

Kawagishi 57, Hirose 56, Kisaka 30, Kanesaka 23.

Kanesaka is the recent Tokyo graduate. He's better then our recent graduates, so I'll give him a shot for a bit. 

Main Show Match 1

Tatsuyu Toshitaru defeats Azmumamaro Shimizu in 22:11. Rating: 50 (0-2)

Rating: Toshitaru 52 (woof) Shimizu 38

Another no chemistry case for Toshitaru. He's 0-2. He needs a hit in the next match.

Main Show Match #2

Noritoshi Miura defeats Joffy Laine in 11:54. Rating: 49

Miura 48, Laine 47

Main Show Match #3

Big Bruiser Findlay and Razan Okamoto defeat Ienijiro Yoshizawa and Dynamite Narahashi in 22:03. Rating: 68

Okamoto 75, Findlay 69, Yoshizawa 54, Narahashi 47

Narahashi has moved and down some stuff for a guy who kinda sucks.

Noritoshi Miura heads down to the ring and challenges his old tag partner at Champion.

Rating: 48

Setting up Miura's farewell match.

Main Show Match #4

Motoyuki Miyake defeats Sojuru Sen in 16:53. Rating: 58.

Miyake has also been hugely pushed by SAISHO. He's very over in the region.

Main Show Match #5.

Bundaruken Torii defeats Giant Brody in 21:29. Rating: 76 (Fucking damn Torii)

Torii: 78, Brody 49

Main Event

Golden Domination (Frankie Perez and the American Cobras) defeat The Lions (Yoshinaru Taku, Tanyu Touhashi, and Rokuemon Matsushita) in 24:53. Rating: 68

Perez 64, Rok 62, Storm and Taku 61, Tosh 60, Marvel 54

Wanted to give the Domination a big win, to set up the change of roster soon. Have them feel more relevant then I've booked them so far.

Overall Rating: 68.

Better!

BCG Champion Tour Day #3 in front of 631 people in Kobe

Pre-Show Match #1

Golden Domination (Yuta Isono and James Diaz) defeat Takenori Doi and Yuta Kanesoka in 11:22. Rating: 38.

Diaz 40, Isono 37, Doi 34, Kanesoka 18.

Kanesoka I'm iffy about, but I'm liking Doi's progress.  

Pre-Show Match #2

Animal Harker and Dreadnaught defeat Big Boss Emperor and Shugo Amano in 9:39. Rating: 40

Harker 51, Amano 30, Emperor 26, Dreadnaught 25

I'm taking a slow and steady approach on Emperor and Dreadnaught. I'll hold on for a bit.

Pre Show Match #3

Americana Jr. and Joffy Laine defeat Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 10:41. Rating: 46

Laine 50, Americana 41, Mitsukuri 37, Kinoshita 35.

That's excellent chemistry on Americana and Laine. Fun little team potentially there.

Pre-Show Match #4 

Noboyuki Kudo and Goro Hatamoto defeat Felipe Caballero and Yuri Illakov in 11:27. Rating: 38

Caballero 49, Yuri, Goro, and Kudo 28.

Yuri is working through his broken ribs, but it scored great chemistry with Felipe. Fans also didn't like that the youngens went over the vets, which was something I just left up to chance. Won't happen again.

Main Show Match #1

Tatsuyu Toshitaru defeats Commander Kawagishi in 20:49. Rating 64 (hmmmm. he didn't strike out, but didn't hit a homer

Toshitaru 63, Kawagishi 51

I'm not super worried about this rating due to Toshitaru being a Canny operator... but it's clear he's not at the level of our tippy top workers. Which makes the money... iffy. I'll check finances after this tour.

Main Show Match #2

Luke Pope defeats The Great Avatar in 11:44. Rating: 46

Pope 46, Avatar 41

Just a chance to start familiarizing Pope. I'm trying to have him not in the Golden Domination because it's a heel stable and Pope is a babyface. Which I know doesn't really matter in this fed, but principle.

Main Show Match #3

Logan Wolfsbaine & Omezo Shikitei defeat Yokokawa and Sen in 12:29. Rating: 53

Wolf 56, Shikitei 49 Sen 47, Yokokawa 33

Yokokawa is still dealing with his injury, but a solid performance from Logan. 

Main Show Match #4

SUKI and Mabuchi Furusawa defeat Shining Force in 20:54. Rating: 76 (Furusawa is magic)

Furusawa 77 (on a non main show, he's such a monster), SUKI 69 (He's good too), Matsuzawa 54, Kikuchi 50

Setting up SUKI and Furusawa as allies, as my idea of a stable of GCG castoffs starts to get in pay.

Main Show Match #5

Golden Domination (Frankie Perez, Marvel Malloy, Giant Brody, and newest member Motoyuki Miyake) defeat Akima Brave (First match outside of the group), Gidayu Katou, Roku Satomura, and Edo Phoenix IV. Rating: 62

Perez 63, Malloy 55, Katou 54, Phoenix 53, Miyake 53, Brody 52, Satomura 51, Brave 45.

Miyake seems like a good fit in the Domination, Japanese born or not. I'm trying to strengthen the Domination, before stepping them up big shortly.

Main Show Match #6

Blast Ikoma and Inejiro Yoshizawa defeat Black Iron Corps in 20:37. Rating 60

Blast Ikoma 64, Yoshizawa 54, Kita 54, Narahashi 47.

Blast seems to have settled down a bit. He's still not a high end main eventer, but he's comfortable in his role it seems.

Main Show Match #7 

BCG Challenge Series Match: Yoshinaku Taku defeats Storm Spillane in 22:18. Rating: 61

Taku 61, Spillane 55

Wanted to give Spillane a big match here as I think he's got potential up the card. He.. did okay? Not great, not awful.

Main Event

Funkaoshi defeats Azumamaru Shimizu. Rating: 63 (Blah)

Funkaaoshi 73, Shimizu 45. 

Was banking on one of our top names to carry the show. I forgot I need to stop treating Funk like I do Furusawa, Okamoto, or Torii. If I had to tier our top guys, that's tier 1, Tier 2 is Funk, SUKI, and Findlay. Lesson Learned.

Overall Rating: 61

Blah again

Aaaand back, forry for the delay.

BCG Champions Tour #4, in front of 640 people in Kobe.

Pre-Show Match #1

Golden Domination (Jamez Diaz & Yuta Isono) defeat Wataru Kikumoto and Shugu Amano in 11:31. Rating: 40

Diaz 40, Isono 38, Amano 33, Kikumoto 31

Pre-Show Match #2 

Azumamaru Shimizu and Luke Pope defeat Noboyuki Kudo and Big Boss Emperor in 9:46. Rating 43

Shimizu 51, Pope 45, Emperor 26, Kudo 25

The youngens were a bad team and Pope was off his game, so even a 43 for this is solid.

Pre-Show Match #3

Omezo Shikitei and Goro Hatamoto defeat Mitsukuri and Kinoshita in 12:21. Rating: 44

Shikitei 50, Mitsukuri 39, Kinoshita 34, Hatamto 27.

Hatamoto off his game. Carried by Omezo

Pre-Show Match #4

Freedom Force (Joffy Laine and Americana Jr) defeat Takenori Doi and Suguru Emoto in 10:10. Rating: 45

Laine 50, Americana 40, Doi 36, Emoto 31

Main Show Match #1

Golden Domination (Frankie Perez, Motoyuki Miyame, and Storm Spillane) defeat Akima Brave and Shining Force in 12:43. Rating 63

Perez 66, Spillane 56, Miyame 53, Kikuchi 53, Matsuzawa 50, Brave 46

Main Show Match #2

SUKI defeats Masashi Uruogataya in 20:37. Rating: 62

SUKI 61, Uruogataya 51

SUKI isn't good in technical masterclass. Good to know.

Main Show Match #3

Tosh and Wolf defeated Animal Harker and Edo Phoenix IV in 13:53.  Rating: 57

Tosh 65. Wolf 57, Phoenix 52, Harker 49

Main Show Match #4

The Lions (Big Bruiser Findlay and Yoshinaku Taki) defeats Kamisaki and Kitoyaki in 21:40. Rating: 69.

Findlay 71, Taku 63, Kitoyaki 51, Kamisaki 49 

Findlay was the casual 71 on a non big show. I kind of want to build to him vs. Torii at this point.

Main Show Match #5

The Loyalists (Ikoma, Narahashi, and Yoshizawa) defeat Noritoshi Miura and Massive Thunder in 17:54. Rating 61.

Blast 65, Hirose 55, Kawagishi 53, Miura 51, Yoshizawa 51, Narahashi 47.

I'm warming on Blast. Been a rock solid upper midcard player for a while now.

Main Show Match #6

Razan Okamoto defeats Marvel Malloy 23:36. Rating: 81 (Jesus!)

Okatmoto 83 (I love you Razan), Malloy 57.

Great Chemistry gives us the best match on the tour. 

Main Event

Bundaruken Torii defeats Gidayu Katou in 20:33. Rating: 77. (Just all casual like)

Torii 78, Katou 55.

No chemistry here, just Torii doing Torii things.

Show Rating: 76.

I've been trying to play the Narrative game, but just tossing Torii, Okatmoto, or Furusawa against random midcarders in main events can lead to consistant shows in the 70's. 

BCG Champions Tour #5, in front of 649 people in Osaka

Pre Show Match #1

Felipe Caballero defeated James Diaz in 12:50. Rating 50

Caballero 50, Diaz 41.

Caballero I think is a highway robbery of a signing. Once Yuri gets healthy, I plan on having them be the last members of the Golden Domination.

Pre Show Match #2

Freedom Force defats Luke Pope and Dreadnaught In 12:05. Rating 47

Laine 50, Pope 49, Americana 41, Dreadnaught 25

Pre Show Match #3

Gidayu Katou defeats Omezo Shikitai in 13:19. Rating 50

Katou 49, Shikitai 43

Main Show Match #1

The Devil Machines defeat Kamisaka & Kiyotaka in 16:28. Rating: 56

Okimasa 55, Kamisaka 48, Kiyotaka 46, Avatar 44

Amusingly us and Okimasa are becoming a pretty good tag team. I'm trying to work us up a bit, because we have horrid momentum. But Okimasa in particular is rock solid right now.

Main Show Match #2

Logan Wolfsbaine defeats Fujio Narahashi in 12:07. Rating 47.

Wolfsbaine 52, Narahashi 40

I'm starting to doubt my choice of pushing Wolf so hard. He's still listed as unimportant. A quick drop of the tag titles might be in order.

Main Show Match #3 

Blast Ikoma defeats Noritoshi Miura in 21:38. Rating 65

Blast 65, Miura 48.

Blast keeps being rock solid right now.

Main Show Match #4

The Lions (Razan Okamoto and Big Bruiser Findlay) defeat Shining Force in 26:57. Rating: 73

Okamoto 74, Findlay 68, Kikuchi 52, Matsuzawa 51.

Hoping Shining Force getting a good match here kinda raises there profile. They are actually the team I'd most like to get the tag belts.

Main Show Match #5 

Funkaoshi defeats Edo Phoenix IV in 23:05. Rating 73

Funkaoshi 73, Phoenix 50

Main Show Match #6

Golden Domination (Frankie Perez, Motoyuki Miyame, and newest member Tatsuya Toshitara) defeat The Lions (Rokuemon Matsushita, Yoshinaka Taku, and Tanyu Touhashi in 26:12. Rating 70

Touhashi 66, Perez 64, Toshitara 64, Taku 64, Matsushita 61, Miyake 54.

And my big plan for Toshitara is complete. He feels like a great way to elevate Golden Domination, as he gives them a legitimate main event level player. Perez was close but not there yet.

Main Event

Mabuchi Furusawa defeats Inejiro Yoshizawa in 24:21. Rating: 81 (Score!)

Furusawa 80, Yoshizawa 55.

Furasawa plus good chemistry against literally anyone will probably get us an 80. 

Show Rating: 75.

Feels like I got things going much smoother now.