DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing II - 5/23/2020

I swear to fuck, I will faint if I hear this the moment the coins drop:

The world is not nearly that cool so there's no way in hell it will be Okada. Also, throwing Okada into a ladder match seems pretty dumb.

EDIT: But man...what if. I mean, I'm already there for the potential pics of Chuck and Little Kazu hanging out again.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

As much as I would lose my mind seeing Okada come out I'm by no means expecting it.  I can't anyway because I don't want to be incredibly disappointed if it's not him.

All I know is I'm for better or worse plunking down hard-earned money for an empty arena show.  So I'm expecting them to have at least a really good show that stands out from your normal Dynamite.  On paper it sounds like that will be accomplished but I do hate not having a viewing party for this.  It really was such a great time with one friend being all in on Orange and drunken shenanigans going on.  Good times.

I'm definitely ordering the PPV. I have nothing else going on Saturday night unless my friends hit me up to play games early. As always, my main concern is with how terrible B/R Live is. I'm really considering using my VPN to just order it from Fite and not for the money savings. Fite has to be better than using B/R Live.

EDIT: The best of all worlds would be if YouTube or YouTube TV had a PPV model, but they don't so here we are.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AxB said:

The Bernie Sanders of Professional Wrestling

I will never live down thinking the announcer was saying, "The Barry Sanders of Professional Wrestling," which makes zero fucking sense.

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You're our Chris Farley.

I was thinking Artie Lange.   At the very least, @Nice Guy Eddie is our Chris Penn.

• Like 1

If the mystery entrant was Okada, wouldn't it be more prudent to advertise him instead to drive up buys? I'm on the fence about buying the PPV. It would probably tip the scales in favor of buying the show if they announced The Rainmaker as the final participant tomorrow night on Dynamite.

14 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Does he normally provide daily updates on his whereabouts?

Okada being in the US is the sort of story Meltzer would be all over, if he wasn’t co-opted by AEW (which we all know he is).  But he hasn’t denied this report either.  Very conspicuous.  

Do the math.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Infinit said:

If the mystery entrant was Okada, wouldn't it be more prudent to advertise him instead to drive up buys? I'm on the fence about buying the PPV. It would probably tip the scales in favor of buying the show if they announced The Rainmaker as the final participant tomorrow night on Dynamite.

It's a classic argument, but without a crowd to explode over Okada's entrance and this PPV being a hard sell already I'd imagine they would announce someone that big ahead of time. I am also wrong a solid 50% of the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Hopefully it's  Danshoku Dino.

Without googling because I'm at work, isn't he in jail or something or didn't he get in some kind of trouble for pedophilia?

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

My money's on Andre the Giant Panda.

CP Munk, Kikutaro, or Dr. Tracksuit.

Nah, lol, I hope it's Drew Gulak just to send LoneWolf into fits.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Nah, lol, I hope it's Drew Gulak just to send LoneWolf into fits.

Lord have mercy, no. Drew Gulak if you’re reading, don’t bother coming. Stay in your Florida town home, and hope the WWE throws you a bone by giving you a developmental contract because apparently that’s all they can give you. I just don’t think you’ll have what it takes to bring your wrestling boots to Jacksonville like you have for your idol, Daniel Bryan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Without googling because I'm at work, isn't he in jail or something or didn't he get in some kind of trouble for pedophilia?

Whoa, what? He's working DDT shows and I've heard nothing of the sort but I'm super casual following DDT. 

Edited by Oyaji

Just now, Oyaji said:

Whoa, what? He's working DDT shows and I've heard nothing of the sort but I'm a super casual following DDT. 

I'm thinking of someone else then. Fuck, I know something like that came up with someone in Japan not in NJPW or AJPW or NOAH and it was someone reasonably well known. I thought it may have been Dino, but obviously not.