DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 5/13/2020

nofuture

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Velveteen got suspended "indefinitely"  (to irl sort through the legal stuff).  

Other stuff is Imperium vs. Riddle & Thatcher,  Rhea Ripley talks (and I guess challenges Charlotte to a rematch), and Finn Balor vs. Cameron Grimes

Guest Edwin
4 hours ago, Chaos said:

My guess is a Full Sail Takeover with limited fans in attendance.

Close. TakeOver: In Your House.

I missed the tag title switch, but am excited to see IMPERIUM finally getting the recognition they deserve.

Also, Riddle/Thatcher wasn't a classic, but it was good.

Things have really felt like it's been in a holding pattern for a while now, but tonight feels like they're finally moving forward storyline wise with a Takeover in the near future.

Edited by nofuture

Guest Edwin

I'm guessing for TakeOver we'll get Finn/Priest (which is gonna suck), Thatcher/Riddle, Lee/Gargano NA title, a Charlotte triple threat defense (next week it's a no contest and Regal declares them both the #1 contender), a Cole defense and an IMPERIUM defense against someone.

Ciampa/Kross and the Interim Cruiserweight title final are also possibilities.  Imperium might not be defending since there's really no other established teams right now (seems like Bivens guys aren't ready or else I'd think they'd be getting the titles here).

Thatcher vs Riddle and they just throw it out as an impromptu match made on the night? Unbelievable. If they'd announced it ahead of time, I'd have switched off Brody vs Daniels and watched it live. But I didn't know it was happening until it already had.

The tag titles match was getting good before the break up. It is good to see Imperium as champs. Those guys should have won tag gold a while ago. Kind of feel like they could have drawn Thatcher/Riddle as team out longer than they did. Still the match from tonight was solid.

Swerve kind of got what he deserved for that knock on Neese. Gallagher using the Roaring Elbow as finisher is nice. Hope he keeps it.

Aliyah/Carter was nice while it lasted. Hope this isn't the end of Aliyah/Robert Stone Brand stuff.

Priest just does nothing for me so I can't say I'm excited for him vs. Finn. On the other hand I'm not sure there is a match for Finn right now I'm super excited about anyways.

Will be interesting to see what they try for Takeover. 

• Like 1

I didn’t catch the whole show (I’ll most likely watch it when it goes up on the Network later), but based on what I did see I thought the tag title match, and then Riddle vs Thatcher were both really good matches. The main event delivered in a big way, and I’m looking forward to Thatcher vs Pete Dunne once he’s able to travel here again. 

The one thing I found odd was for somebody that’s so up on pop culture that Mauro would make a mistake with Tegan Nox. Referring to her as the “Captain America of NXT”. The two issues I had with it are 1) she’s from Wales which definitely isn’t part of the US, and 2) her outfit was clearly inspired by Captain Marvel including the insignia on her top. But I did find her attire to be quite cool, and eye catching. 

And of the pre-taped promos I found Dakota Kai’s to be much better than the Gargano family dinner. I’m not as down on Johnny as some of you, but that segment had way too much shoot BS in it. The America Ninja Warrior references, Johnny poking fun at Hogan’s claims about Andre (Dijakovic being 8 feet tall, and over 600 lbs), and the wink wink BS about Keith and Mia being a couple. I’d rather see two singles matches instead of the inevitable mixed tag match at Takeover.

I completely skipped the Gargano dinner. I thought the last one was not so good. This one sounds even worse.

Kai's promo was nice. Kind of felt like her and Raquel will become more of tag team than the Raquel just as Kai's enforcer/bodyguard

Edited by Eivion

Priest is also the White Hummer driver.

Hartwell is so deceptively large... what's with NXT seemingly choke full of big gals?!

Balor/Grimes was freakin fun.

Did we just get an impromptu Pancrase match for the main event?

ManI loved that main event. Just gnarly and nasty. Those shots to Riddle’s ribs were so LOUD. 

I was in and out on the rest of the show.   

I’m not even the biggest Killer Cross guy (was rather meh on him in Impact and didn’t really see anything else of his) but with that video package, screw it, I’d hotshot him right to Raw or SD, have him take out some top guys and push him to the moon as a kind of new Undertaker character. I didn’t think him and Scarlett made sense together (on tv) but it works so good.