DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/13/2020

Big show tonight:

MJF Returns From Injury

Lance Archer & Jake The Snake Appear

Chris Jericho vs. Suge D

(#4) “The Exalted One” Mr. Brodie Lee vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

WOMEN'S FOUR WAY - (#1) Hikaru Shida vs. (#4) Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D vs. (#2) Kris Statlander vs. Penelope Ford

Proud-N-Powerful vs. Kenny Omega & “Broken” Matt Hardy

Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends

I wish Sugar Dunkerton had actually gotten to get more offense besides the flurry in the beginning and nearly upset Jericho. Other than that, I really enjoyed this week's episode. I was expecting Evil Uno and Stu Grayson to return to attack SCU, then Moxley. Maybe they return at Double or Nothing to interrupt the # 1 contender's tag match. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

• The Elite vs The Inner Circle inside the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium is a way more fun idea than a WarGames match. Don't @ me.
  • I'm very upset that Kris Statlander lost. But Kris vs Britt at Double Or Nothing might be good.
  • Shida/Rose will be for sure. "I FOUND YOUR KENDO STICK BITCH".
  • Cody driving the supped up black truck a few feet was kind of lame. This entire program isn't really doing anything for me, and neither does the idea of a Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson promo-off next week. Ehhhh.

Somehow, someway, AEW has managed to sell me on an empty arena PPV. Kudos to them.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wish Sugar Dunkerton had actually gotten to get more offense besides the flurry in the beginning and nearly upset Jericho.

Why would you want to suffer through another solid week plus of discussion about whether or not Omega Jericho should have given an enhancement talent that much in a match???

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wish Sugar Dunkerton had actually gotten to get more offense besides the flurry in the beginning and nearly upset Jericho. 

Going into it, I was thinking we'd already seen that sort of match twice from Jericho, vs. Jungle Boy and vs. Scorpio Sky, and we didn't need to see it again.  But it also wouldn't make sense for Suge to come out of the crowd and beat Jericho when those two guys couldn't.  I didn't know exactly where that left things, but a quick Jericho squash worked for me.

• Like 1

I apparently wasn't paying attention or missed a bunch of announcements, like the Mike Tyson one. Also apparently Shida/Rose at DoN is a No DQ match.

Just when I thought I'd never pay $50 to see an empty arena show.... well, here I am, offering up my money when a few weeks ago I said I wouldn't. Fuck.

• Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Haven't seen the show yet. Is Cody pulling double duty at the PPV? Is Page back? What's the line-up for the Elite? 

It's possible Cody is replaced by Matt Hardy, since that's the entire reason he was kayfabe brought in to begin with (but to replace Nick Jackson instead).

27 minutes ago, Casey said:
  • The Elite vs The Inner Circle inside the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium is a way more fun idea than a WarGames match. Don't @ me.
  • I'm very upset that Kris Statlander lost. But Kris vs Britt at Double Or Nothing might be good.
  • Shida/Rose will be for sure. "I FOUND YOUR KENDO STICK BITCH".
  • Cody driving the supped up black truck a few feet was kind of lame. This entire program isn't really doing anything for me, and neither does the idea of a Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson promo-off next week. Ehhhh.

Somehow, someway, AEW has managed to sell me on an empty arena PPV. Kudos to them.

Why would you want to suffer through another solid week plus of discussion about whether or not Omega Jericho should have given an enhancement talent that much in a match???

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. 

Count me in on being sold on an empty arena ppv. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Sad if the Stadium Stampede is replacing Blood & Guts and we end up never getting the originally planned lineup match but I'm sure this will be fun too. Womens 4 way was fun again, like all four of them a lot. Nice set up for Britt/Stat at the PPV and I wish Shida would win the title.  Solid tag from Ortiz/Santana vs. Omega/Matt. 

25 minutes ago, Peck said:

The uproar on this board when Tyson knocks out Archer with an uppercut will be fabulous.

Yes please. JR on the call. "Tyson and Archer! Tyson and Archer!"