DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 5/12/20, 5/19/20 & 5/26/20

Good matches tonight. Thought Kylie/Tasha was really solid and a good debut for Kimber Lee against Havok. Knockouts division looking great. Josh & Madison were hilarious on commentary throughout. Fun main event from Moose vs. Suicide. 

Results:

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 12, 2020

*Hernandez def. Madman Fulton (w/ Dave & Jake Crist) (8:58) with a top rope splash to advance in the #1 contenders tournament.

*Kylie Rae def. Tasha Steelz (6:59) via STF submission

*Kimber Lee def. Havok (9:09) after hitting her with brass knuckles. During the match, Nevaeh appeared again at the stage.

*Trey def. Rohit Raju (10:28) with a small package to advance in the #1 contenders tournament.

*Moose def. Suicide (15:47) with the Spear after a low blow when the ref went down.

• DreamBroken changed the title to Impact Wrestling - 5/12/20 & 5/19/20

Adding this week's here since it was a small thread. Sad that Shamrock's out, wanted to see Shamrock/Rhino but Rhino/Ace was pretty good. Solid tag and Moose/Suicide was fun again. I like the Kiera/Tasha pairing. the North bit was funny, Ethan was hilarious in this one and I enjoyed the setup for a Deaner compound match.  Elgin/Callihan was a pretty great main event, awesome finishing sequence and I dug Sami's ankle selling from the start of the match.

Results:

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 19, 2020

*Ace Austin def. Rhino (10:35) with the Fold after hitting him with a weapon behind the ref's back, to advance in the #1 contenders tournament. Ace replaced Ken Shamrock, who was injured by Michael Elgin last week, in the tournament. 

*Crazzy Steve def. Dave Crist (w/ Jake Crist & Madman Fulton) (4:08) after a diving DDT. Joseph P. Ryan watched the match from the stage. After the match, oVe argued until Fulton declared he was done. Fulton choked Jake & Dave then said that he quit oVe and ripped his oVe shirt off.

*TJP & Fallah Bahh def. XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) (13:27) when Fallah pinned Larry after TJP hit a frog splash

*Moose def. Suicide (11:14) via rollthrough on a crossbody while grabbing the tights

*Willie Mack def. Johnny Swinger (3:16) with a standing moonsault to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Swinger & Chris Bey attacked Willie. 

*Michael Elgin def. Sami Callihan (17:25) with the Elgin Bomb to advance in the #1 contenders tournament.

Edited by DreamBroken

• DreamBroken changed the title to Impact Wrestling - 5/12/20, 5/19/20 & 5/26/20

Marked out for Deonna Purrazzo coming to Impact! The Deaner Compound match was hilarious and awesome, Ethan Page has been great in these. Real good main event from Elgin/Trey, even though Ace beating Hernandez made the result a bit obvious. I was hoping Hernandez would win. Love Nevaeh and Havok together. Fun overall show with lots set up for next week.

Results:

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 26, 2020

*Ace Austin def. Hernandez (9:46) after The Fold to advance to the finals of the #1 contenders tournament

*Chris Bey (w/ Johnny Swinger) def. Cousin Jake (14:17) after the Final Finesse. After the match, Bey & Swinger beat up Jake until Willie Mack made the save.

*Kimber Lee def. Havok (3:38) via DQ when Nevaeh interfered to stop Lee from using brass knuckles. After the match, Nevaeh & Havok laid out Kimber Lee and stood tall together.

*(Aired from the Deaner Compound): The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)(c) def. The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Wheels) (7:22) to retain the tag team titles.

*Trey Miguel def. Michael Elgin (23:09) to advance to the finals of the #1 contenders tournament with a jackknife rollup after Elgin was distracted by Sami Callihan's entrance being teased. 

• Like 2

It is strange that Impact where we have said for years had one leg in the grave and the other leg dangling from it is hiring plenty of new people while the billion dollar company is getting rid of so many of people.  Granted they are only paying about 10% if that but still impressive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Impact's women division is really making me wish I could watch their show, but I don't get AXS. Kimber Lee and Deonna Purrazzo are two of my favorites, fuck.

I don't either I watch it on Twitch at the same time AXS airs. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

I wonder  if the Pluto channel on Roku and I assume other platforms shows the recent Impact or only the classic stuff.  I have only seen classic stuff with maybe TV from a couple years in the few times I watch

Before Impact moved to AXS on PlutoTV Tuesdays around 10 or 11am they would air Impact a week behind. But last few times I have looked at the Pluto channel they are months behind on Impact.

So Chris Bey and Johnny Swinger are teaming up? Hopefully Kimber Lee also joins the group, so they can be called Kim Bey-Swinger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused by the Rosemary heel character.   She is still a demon but now she is like Taya if Taya was in a goth phase of her life.  although Rosemary and Johnny Bravo are a strangely fun group together.   The only thing I can figure is that when Rosemary went to one of Taya's parties she tried to take the soul of one of Taya's vapid blonde friends and maybe it transformed her?

I understand why Taya wants to hang out with Rosemary because she was protection from the other women.  Plus it helps her idea that she has a ton of friends.  But the Rosemary character doesn't make sense.  

• Like 1

I think with Rosemary is that she trying to figure out what to do post murdering James Mitchell. So much like an early divorcee, she's just trying to live her best life. Which involves taking souls, drinking at the same bar each week and trying to manipulate Bravo.

Heck, Havok is the only one from that storyline that's somewhat normal after what happened.

• Like 1