DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Mommie Dearest - 5/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, caley said:

e if a WWE male wrestler asked for paternity leave, to see how he is portrayed upon his return to WWE.  I'm thinking it would be something like Mike Bennett.  WWE are far from alone in having that antiquated mindset, though; just go listen to any sports radio when baseball players take paternity  leave.

For a WWE example, see: Steamboat, Ricky.

• Like 4

Guest Edwin
18 hours ago, StarChief EagleDemon said:

I've clearly watched too much WWE TV. Since something nice actually happened, I wondered what heel was going to barge in and get heat during the interview segment where everyone was congratulating Becky.

This would've happened if this was some 80's territory. The leading heel faction would have run out and attacked Becky and she would've been left in a puddle of blood and Seth would've run out to make the save making him the top babyface.

WWE would've just had someone run out and attack Becky and cause her to have a miscarriage, luckily they didn't go down that route.

15 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Becky was interviewed by People Magazine and told them it'd be a long while before she decided if she was returning to wrestling.

So, yeah, Monday night seems very much like a retirement.  

I just thought back to when she was on Stone Cold's podcast and she had this planned out since then.  I don't know if she thought it'd be with Seth or if it'd even happen now.  But her plan more or less was to get away and have a kid.  So I'll miss her dearly but it wouldn't surprise me to see either her not come back or maybe do a rare match every so often.  And in reality she went from 0 to 60 in terms of career growth in no time flat and did pretty much all there was to do.  On top of that with all that she tried in between wrestling she seems ambitious enough to try anything else that makes her happy.  So she's pretty much set for life.

To be fair, the WWE idiotically thought that having her attack CHARLOTTE FUCKING FLAIR would make Becky a heel.  

Only Vince could think that Charlotte would ever, under any circumstances, get any kind of sympathy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, the WWE idiotically thought that having her attack CHARLOTTE FUCKING FLAIR would make Becky a heel.  

Only Vince could think that Charlotte would ever, under any circumstances, get any kind of sympathy. 

The crowd erupting to Becky Lynch taking out Charlotte Flair post match at SummerSlam 2018 was the highlight of the show. I still remember Becky Lynch's savage line to Edge about his neck and the crowd's "ohhhhh" reaction:

Jump to 05:00.

Edited by The Natural