DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Mommie Dearest - 5/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Congrats to Asuka on completing the WWE Career Grand Slam:

And congrats to Becky on taking the coward's way out of facing Bazsler again, and getting pregnant.   #ShaynaIsRight   ? 

• Haha 11

lol so the answer to drive ratings is with cross show crap is...Baron Corbin. Ok then.

Also, I don't know why I'm surprised, but I was at Shayna's promo. Funny stuff.

Edited by Craig H

5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Very great Raw.

And

exx6u7hxqaagpmu.jpg

so you're saying I should watch this week

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

lol so the answer to drive ratings is with cross show crap is...Baron Corbin. Ok then.

mixed signals, guys.  mixed signals.

Flipped by once and Shayna was saying something about Becky carrying a parasite.  I really don't see the point of her cutting a promo on Seth if it's not going to lead to a match.

Flipped by later and the Street Prophets were... playing basketball with the Viking Raiders.  That should drive the rating up.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Seth doesn't look like he's taking this pregnancy news very well.

I assume it's a Vince angle he'll give up on within weeks.  That being said, him not being all that happy about becoming a dad could have made him an all-time heel.  Which we'll never know.

BTW, I'm as big a fan of the Viking Raiders as anyone (as are many of the people who enjoy the kind of men I enjoy).   

That being said, them becoming Cosplaying Dads is maybe the worst thing WWE has done in eons.  

• Like 1

I only saw the opener and will say we were incredibly happy for Becky. In a show full of scripted crap that bit with her and Asuka was so incredibly sweet. And I still need to do something about that damn dust in the room. 

And you know what, fuck it. I'm happy for Seth too. He's not my favorite but if Becky sees something great in him to want to get married and have a kid with him then that's good enough for me. And yes I'm sure he'll say something stupid on Twitter to make me regret that. But for tonight I'm happy for him. 

• Like 8

I have zero sympathy for Rey. He brought that all on himself. Couldn’t leave well-enough alone.

Also, I don’t know about you guys but I’m looking forward to the CAREER-RESURGENCE~! of Jinder Mahal.

Also, the end of the show...You have Edge cut a decent promo and then Randy Orton cuts an even better promo to lead to...

Edge doing a shitty acting job trying to look conflicted when he really looks like anyone who can't remember where they put their car keys (they're on top of the car) while what's her name says "if this does happen, it may just be the greatest wrestling match...ever."

I fucking laughed so hard.

• Like 2

The opening with Becky and Asuka was sweet.

Dug Shayna being an asshole about Becky's pregnancy and then going on to be an asshole to Nattie in their match.

Nice to see the IIconics back. Loved Joe's enthusiasm for them.

The 6-man tag with Truth was fun.

Skipped the Prophets/Raiders basketball game. Just seems kind of dumb when the Viking Raiders have already earned their title shot by beating Prophets last week. Just get to the match already.

Skipped the main event segment. After their garbage match at WM I have no interest in seeing Orton/Edge again as a match. Were the promos a least good?

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Joe should have choked out Saxton when Byron got all pissy that Joe forgot the Iiconics win was non-title.

I'd kind of like to see this happen as a running gag for whenever Bryon pisses Joe off.

We got the return of Pretty Ricky AND a freakin' basketball game, and you tell me that Jinder is back too? Phew.

The run-through of the Money matches was fun and I can't wait for Maffew to put it to the Benny Hill theme. 

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Seth doesn't look like he's taking this pregnancy news very well.

At least it shut him up for a change! 

• Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So Sean Ross Sapp is the Natural?

Tweet is just shy of "Congrats to the Man, the Lass Kicker, Rebecca Knox, Becky Lynch."

Edited by Edwin

"Shayna, do you know how bad it makes you look when you disrespect the miracle of motherhood?"

I love when dialogue is written by for people that doesn't sound like anything anyone would say ever.

Holy shit, I laughed so hard at that line.  Shayna's comeback was good, but it would've been even better if she just repeated the line back and laugh "Disrespect the miracle of motherhood". 

I know some people will say this is what happens when you fire/don't have many female writers.  But I think, regardless of gender, these are the kinds of lines that come up when the show is written by non-human beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This being the first time Vince has lost a headliner to pregnancy, I want to read so much into some of the heel insults coming out of Shayna. Which is, of course, a stupid and pointless game. But my mind went there.

The parasite is definitely Shane. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

I'm probably a bad person, but presumably Rollins and Lynch knew they were going to try for a baby right around Wrestlemania. Really hard to imagine Vince not putting the title on Baszler if they knew Lynch was on the way out. Happy for Asuka, but she won the title in a comedy segment and it all feels a bit weak - Bayley now feels like the primary champion.

Congrats to the pair though, especially to Seth as {redacted}

With all the Hollywood rumours, it feels like her full-time WWE career is over. 

I sort of wonder what the odds are on 'Jon, Colby and Joe' one day standing in a AEW ring together. Lower than they were a few weeks ago for sure.

Not sure why Becky's pregnancy feels like a retirement.  Maybe all of the acting job rumors.  Oh, well.  Get out while you still have your health and some money in your bank account.  Congrats to Seth and Becky on their new parasite.

I am okay with Asuka winning the belt and completing the slam but with Nia and Shayna waiting in the wings, I don't expect her to hold onto the belt for too long.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I heard that miracle of motherhood line.  The only immaculate conceptions were Jesus and Darth Vader, dude.  I am certain that Seth Rollins contributed a little DNA to that miracle.

All of the congratulations hugs for the new mom did make the room a bit dusty though.  One of the few times I was good with breaking kayfabe.

It was good to see the Ilconics back in action.  Other than that, nothing surprising in the booking.

I cashed out and started listening to Count Zero on audiobook during the basketball bullshit.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.  

The humanization of the Viking Raiders is the worst decision WWE has made in a long time.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2