DVDVR Message Board

SDL is A Ladder Fit For A King - 5/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I liked the brawling starting up the match in Sonya vs Mandy, and parts through out the match. Much better than just spamming chinlocks like years ago or starting with chaining or test of strengths. Looks more like actually they hate each other this way.

Mandy is getting better at selling.

Mandy/Sonya was fun. Sonya is a nice shit talker and there was a decent feeling of hate in the match.

8-man tag was good. Its nice seeing Lucha House Party get featured more.

Bayley/Sasha vs. Tamina/Lacey was solid. Tamina is on her best run yet so far. Not sure if she has improved or if everyone has just figured out how to work well around her.

The Jeff/Sheamus stuff was decent enough. 

I cannot take Braun saying anything other than “Get these hands” seriously.  Every time he badmouths Bray and his “puppets”, it just sounds hilarious.  

Mandy coming out looking serious to her sexy music and Cinemax frame was really funny.  Match was quite a bit better than I expected. 

8 hours ago, caley said:

I cannot take Braun saying anything other than “Get these hands” seriously.  Every time he badmouths Bray and his “puppets”, it just sounds hilarious.  

Well, you know what they say about people with Southern accents...

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Well, you know what they say about people with Southern accents...

Haha but it’s not even the accent, it’s his weird, growly promo voice.  I remember being at an Indy show and a guy cut a promo and he used such an over-the-top promo voice that some guy at ringside loudly yelled “Nice voice” that it made the whole place laugh and kinda ruined his promo