DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 28: Smith vs. Teixeira (5/13/2020) - Jacksonville, FL (VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

96388466_258226672089796_800510354973209

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 28: Smith vs. Teixeira 
May 13, 2020
Jacksonville, FL (VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena)

Anthony Smith (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.5) - Teixeira, TKO (punches), R5 (1:04)
Ben Rothwell (265) vs. Ovince St. Preux (240.5) - Rothwell, DEC (split)
Alexander Hernandez (156) vs. Drew Dober (155) - Dober, TKO (punches), R2 (4:25)
Ricky Simón (135) vs. Ray Borg (135.5) - Simón, DEC (split)
Andrei Arlovski (238) vs. Philipe Lins (236) - Arlovski, DEC (unanimous)
Michael Johnson (156) vs. Thiago Moisés (155.5) - Moisés, SUB (heel hook), R2 (0:25)

ESPN/ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Sijara Eubanks (136) vs. Sarah Moras (136) - Eubanks, DEC (unanimous)
Gabriel Benítez (155.5) vs. Omar Morales (155.5) - Morales, DEC (unanimous)
Hunter Azure (145) vs. Brian Kelleher (145.5) - Kelleher, KO (punches), R2 (3:40)
Chase Sherman (253) vs. Isaac Villanueva (232) - Sherman, TKO (strikes), R2 (0:49)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Drew Dober
Performance of the Night: Glover Teixeira
Fight of the Night: Hunter Azure vs. Brian Kelleher

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

This sure is just a card, especially after last weekend's show. Do they not have anything scheduled after Saturday's show?

Dober/Hernandez should be a good scrap at least. 

15 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

This sure is just a card, especially after last weekend's show. Do they not have anything scheduled after Saturday's show?

Dober/Hernandez should be a good scrap at least. 

This Saturday? 

They have the show the Saturday after that (5/23) which is Woodley/Durinho, Derns/Cifers, and Ivanov/Augusto Sakai. UFC 250 (6/6) right now is Nunes/Spencer, Assuncao/Garbrandt, Formiga/Alex Perez, Menifield/Devin Clark, and Heinisch/GM3. I am not sure if they're going to add fights to the 5/23 show or they're going Friday Night Fights/HBO BAD/WCB for that format w/ a minimum number of fights.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Thanks 1

Man this is last minute stuff they're pulling off. That May 23rd show isn't even officially announced and has four fights set. My guess is they add some bodies to it over the next few days. I know people have been training throughout this ordeal and I imagine most of them want to fight/make money, but it'd be good to train for a particular style of fight. I wonder if this leads to people being generally more cautious or aggressive. 

18 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

This Saturday? 

They have the show the Saturday after that (5/23) which is Woodley/Durinho, Derns/Cifers, and Ivanov/Augusto Sakai. UFC 250 (6/6) right now is Nunes/Spencer, Assuncao/Garbrandt, Formiga/Alex Perez, Menifield/Devin Clark, and Heinisch/GM3. I am not sure if they're going to add fights to the 5/23 show or they're going Friday Night Fights/HBO BAD/WCB for that format w/ a minimum number of fights.

It's been claimed (on social media) that the 5/23 show will be moved to 5/30, but I haven't seen any official confirmation of that, so it might just be speculation.

4 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

It's been claimed (on social media) that the 5/23 show will be moved to 5/30, but I haven't seen any official confirmation of that, so it might just be speculation.

Tapology now has it on 5/30 too, so I'm going with that until further notice.

• Sad 1

Re: Roberson/Vettori

Remember when I said I imagine these guys wanna fight? Well, Marvin Vettori was suppose to fight on 3/21, has cut weight multiple times, and as you can definitely tell from these videos really wants to fight.

• Like 1

I'm watching the playback of the first fight and the post fight interview is money

Daniel Cormier: Describe how you're feeling right now

Chase Sherman: You ever order a ten piece wing and get eleven?

I cannot believe the UFC ever cut this man.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, twiztor said:

can someone identify Sarah Moras' entrance theme?

vocals sound familiar but i can't place it.....

I'm watching the American ESPN+ feed so I didn't see any entrances. This is why you gotta have Shazam ready, buddy.

• Thanks 1

Arlovski is still better than the vast majority of UFC heavyweights.  If he still wants to go out there, he can compete with most of the division.  Keep him out of the top 10, and he'll be able to do this for years to come.

• Like 2

One more stupid non-sports related comment: Anthony Smith's face looks like it's out of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Two pretenders that stand no chance against the top 3 in the division. There have been a few nice fights but yeah, this card has so far lived up to the lack of hype.