DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

21 minutes ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Am I missing something when doing my CAW in WWE 2K22, or can you only pick your special & finisher, that can’t be right because I’ve downloaded a ton of good ones with nice move sets. What am I missing? 

Are you talking about the MyRise CAW? If so, you can edit your entire moveset and entrance in the menu (the one with the attribute points, location travel etc). When you first create your CAW for that mode, you can only do signature and finisher, and have like 5 options for an entrance.

• Like 1

How does the "Stand Back Pack" not include Vince in his disco gear or Hogan in sleeveless tux?

stand.gif

Two thoughts:

• This is what you get when you add cocaine + hubris + wealth + an army of yes men who will never tell you anything is a bad idea
  • I know it's pants + vest but I like to squint and imagine it's a one piece
Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Hey everyone, Capcom is releasing the Arcade version of Saturday Night Slam Masters in the Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 collection. 

Now to hope that they also release the sequel, even though that it's barely a wrestling game, really. 

• Like 3

I am currently playing the arcade version of Blazing Tornado 

20220616-155121.jpg

In Japan the Fire Pro Camera angle became the Fire Pro Position when it was adopted by real life groups or promotions.

The N64 was supposed to get their own Fire Pro game, but 2D was considered dead from the Nintendo side at the time.

Before 6 Man Scramble.. Fighters, Kickers, Submissions players were more powerfull than the pro wrestlers, well for CPU vs CPU matches.

The Sega Genesis Thunder Pro Wrestling Retsuden game introduced the original "Soul Button Geshi" system part the PS1 Zen-Nippon Pro Wrestling: Ouja no Tamashii and PS2 KOC games borrowed later on.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 2

For SFPWX The WWF and WCW are merged into the WWC roster with the Undertaker and WCW guys.

The Blazing Tornado HWF group fills in for the missing WWF group. The HWF group has inspired from real life wrestlers from other promotions in one group. So two Vaders and Masa Funaki knockoffs and etc in one game.

In other games WWC and WFW are the WCW and WWF groups.

For Fire Pro Z and R the AWG (WCW) exists but the WWF group is "defunct". The opposite of real life. 

My daughter wanted to play some old GBA Sonic games yesterday so I fired up the ol' Emulation Station.  Later, I played some RASSLIN games! 

Power Move Pro Wrestling: I played The Commandant (Mutoh) vs Da Judge (Fujinami).  Won it with a moonsault.

Toukon Retsuden 3: I played Hashimoto vs Inoki.  I busted Inoki open with kicks, naturally, then finished him with a German suplex.

All the TR games are awesome!

• Like 2

My big boy purchase for the week was a white Japanese PS2 and all of the King of Colosseum games. I think I'm going to go for all the Japanese only wrestling games on PS1/PS2, even if they're shit. But I've always wanted to play KoC so I'm happy about that. Nobody rain on my parade, damnit!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

My big boy purchase for the week was a white Japanese PS2 and all of the King of Colosseum games. I think I'm going to go for all the Japanese only wrestling games on PS1/PS2, even if they're shit. But I've always wanted to play KoC so I'm happy about that. Nobody rain on my parade, damnit!

I love KoC! You are gonna love KoC, too!

Honestly, in my opinion it's impossible to choose between Fire Pro World and King of Colosseum Ii for "very best video game for pro wrestling nerds" honours. KoCII is the ideal 3D Fire Pro and World has all those downloadable CAWs. The GBA Fire Pro game and Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium in the conversation as well, for allowing you to get highly ranked matched by "working" specific styles in different places. Those are the ones I played the most and enjoyed the most.

I just wish there was a joshi game like these. I know there's the AJW game on PS1, which I'll probably buy just because I'm an AJW mark, but the gameplay doesn't look all that great from watching a few videos on YouTube.

But, nevertheless, I look forward to playing my dream match of Mike Awesome versus Jun Akiyama on KoC2.

Other observations from playing Pro Wrestling Sengokuden Hyper Tag Match:

The game allows players to upload the edits from the first game to the Hyper Tag game.

Brawling outside of the ring is allowed gameplay wise. 

All singles matches in game have 10 min time limt while the tags have 20 mins. The game kinda reminds me of few of the pre PS1 and N64 wrestling games, the standard camera is similar to some of those games.

Two exhibition modes. I haven't documented the differences.

Two promotions or groups based on real life wrestlers. The Pro-Wrestlers do have at least their real submission or flying finishers. 

The Pro Wrestling 2 for the PS1 and Online Pro Wrestling for the PS2 by Yukes allows players to create women edits. TPW2 is Smackdown 2 with less match options but contains deathmatches while OPW is Smackdown 4 with puroresu themes. Both are Puroresu themed games hence the ring and the mats etc.

The Pro Wrestling 2, about 3 or 4 characters are based on real Joshi and martial arts women. Their parts can be mixed to create more women.

OPW is only missing some weapons and the season mode of Smackdown 4. But players can create their own org.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
20 hours ago, Casey said:

I just wish there was a joshi game like these. I know there's the AJW game on PS1, which I'll probably buy just because I'm an AJW mark, but the gameplay doesn't look all that great from watching a few videos on YouTube.

But, nevertheless, I look forward to playing my dream match of Mike Awesome versus Jun Akiyama on KoC2.

It's been a while since I've played it (like... a decade) but I remember the AJW game being so-so. The gameplay takes some adjusting to. I thought the FAQ up on GameFAQs was pretty helpful.

All versions of KoC 1 and the sequel come in on Friday, but the NTSC-J PS2 came in today. I've kept my copy of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for over a decade, so I put that bad boy in. Oh man, the nostalgia.

Forgot I need a memory card, though. Oh well, I'll pick one up tomorrow!

• Like 1

Still haven't quite mastered the controls, but I finally won a match in KoC2 as Kobashi against Sasaki.

And I just spent the last hour and a half editing the names of the entire roster for this game.

• Like 5

Surprising to me, but I love it, that Kenny Omega said Cody will still be included in AEW Fight Forever. 

"I was very passionate about making sure his legacy and position within the company were preserved. We've built this game from the ground up, starting everything from scratch. That's why I thought this game could coincide with the birth of this company. You get to experience AEW from the beginning, from day one. The game is going to reflect a lot of that, even though our locker room is ever-changing."

• Like 3

I used to always design CAWs with that game's two absolutely murderous avalanche moves: top rope powerbomb and top rope tombstone.  Then I'd use Rick Steiner's running reverse corner powerslam as the setup move because it always worked.  Cheap as hell but super fun!

• Like 2