DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Is there a Wrestlefest underground community out there? 

I remember Wrestlefest, but it is far from my favorite wrestling game. 

Haven't picked up Retromania, yet. But the videos I have seen make the movement speed look a little fast and the tie-up look a bit Fire Pro. 

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, just last night I remembered Retromania and went to see a) if it was out yet and b) what reviews were like and what people here were saying about it.  Sounds like it's not worth $30, which sucks because I'd really love a good, non-WWE Xbox wrestling game.

Does the latest Firepro work on the PS5?  Tempted to get one.

Needless to say, the WWE 2K series can't be trusted. I am waiting until it is out and reviews say "they finally fixed everything!" before even considering it. I really want to play a quality WWE wrestling game, but its been so long since we got one.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Anyone else submit a request for this? I got an email with instructions for downloading the beta today.

I got the instructions and installed it yesterday.  I just did the tutorial so far but it seems like it could be good once I fully get into it.

EDIT:  The more I play it it's pretty damn fun. If you're into GM stuff it's worth checking out. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Anyone else submit a request for this? I got an email with instructions for downloading the beta today.

15 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I got the instructions and installed it yesterday.  I just did the tutorial so far but it seems like it could be good once I fully get into it.

EDIT:  The more I play it it's pretty damn fun. If you're into GM stuff it's worth checking out. 

I got my download link today, too! 

Unfortunately I'm getting an "item not available" message from Google Play...

If SmellySummer can sort that out for me, I am looking forward to discussing Beta testing with you guys on here!

EDIT: Sadly, it seems like my tablet isn't supported so I won't be able to take part.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1

They have a 10-part career type thing that might be worth doing first.  After getting the hang of it from there I'm going to try endless today and see how things go.

12 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

EDIT: Sadly, it seems like my tablet isn't supported so I won't be able to take part.

I have a feeling with beta that it might not have full device support as of yet depending on the tablet.  Did you try your cell phone?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

They have a 10-part career type thing that might be worth doing first.  After getting the hang of it from there I'm going to try endless today and see how things go.

I have a feeling with beta that it might not have full device support as of yet depending on the tablet.  Did you try your cell phone?

The support staff said the device needs to have at least 4 gigs of RAM, which apparently mine don't. Hopefully the game itself will still be playable on at least one of my older/cheaper devices. 

Please post some screen shots if you're able. I'm very interested to have a look at the game. And of course I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I’ve done the career thing, which yeah, is basically a tutorial. I’m keeping in mind it is very much a beta, because I was actually stuck on one of the objectives and it changed after the update.  I played around with Endless mode today, and it’s fine.

• Like 2

Having played Elite GM some more, it’s  definitely more of an AEW version of the Smackdown v. Raw GM mode rather than something like a mobile EWR/TEW.  Maybe that was known, but it was a surprise to me. There are several different modes, but I assume they’re still in flux, because “career” mode is the training mode right now, but there’s a placeholder for “Career” in the accomplishments section.

Right now, the “Challenges” section is the fun mode, as you have X number of weeks to do certain things like boost morale, get a certain number of fans, or make Brandon Cutler popular (which is a real challenge, and I’m 50/50 on whether I think they put it in there as an impossible challenge). “Endless” mode, which is what I would have called the career mode, is pretty pointless right now, other than as practice for the challenges mode, because there’s no competition or objectives involved, it’s just booking a show on a relatively easy level.

There’s also an online multiplayer mode, and Niko and I are hoping to hook up for a match soon as we finally were able to add each other as friends. I won my first and only multiplayer game so far when the other person disconnected.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the action figure look of the models. Reminds me more of No Mercy and VPW 2 and less of the newer WWE games. The model they showed of Darby looked like you could grab it off the shelf and make poses out of it. Definite thumbs up in my book. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I read a review of the beta that compared it to a game called 80s Mania Returns, and having played both, it’s a very apt comparison. They’re both pretty mindless time waster type games, but 80s Mania is a little more fun/varied.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I read a review of the beta that compared it to a game called 80s Mania Returns, and having played both, it’s a very apt comparison. They’re both pretty mindless time waster type games, but 80s Mania is a little more fun/varied.

It's still on my wishlist so I may have to give it a go.  But for GM it still works for me though since I re-installed it I'm starting over.  Did the game work for you?  If so I may need to re-add the friend code as it forced me to use a different username.