DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

i am hyped for this game and can't wait to create the Question Mark:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5d4a46db698def000139e3af/1614246823686-ITG1ZSFQIFS0CKLCEC7M/Question+Mark+Into+the+Fire.jpg?format=1000w

11 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

As of now it appears that the only physical version available for Fight Forever is the standard edition and in PlayStation store I only see the standard and Elite versions for the PS5 only. I have a PS4 and am hoping that the Elite Edition will be available for that platform, ideally in a physical format. I saw somewhere on Reddit that the Elite Edition would be available for PS4 digitally but no word about a physical Elite Edition for any platform. Anyone heard or read anything?

my best guess is that they will only sell the standard edition as physical, but all of the "elite edition" content will be available via DLC. 

Set my PlayStation 2 up to play Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown vs. RAW 2006. Two of the best wrestling games I've ever played. Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain gets my vote as the best wrestling game ever. Best gameplay and best season mode, the engine is so fluid. It introduced to the Smackdown games body damage displays so you can choose what body parts to work on. It just needs two things that Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 had, once you complete Season Mode you can assign unlimited points to any CAW and title matches in Exhibition Mode. Cool loading my old SD vs. RAW 2006 save seeing Bryan Danielson, Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, CM Punk and Sting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Instead of fighting over our differences, why can't we all bond over the fact that we can finally play a professionally-made, widely-available American wrestling game while not feeling like we're indirectly supporting the KSA?

THQ Nordic is owned by Embracer Group. The Saudis own 8% of Embracer under their public investment fund.

If it makes you feel any better, the Saudis also fund and own shares in companies like EA, Take Two, Capcom & Activision. And own minority stakes in a lot of other companies, like Boeing, Uber, Bank of America, Live Nation, etc.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Technico Support said:

There's a good 5-10 minutes on this week's Deadlock pod where James and Johnny (of the KStat skateboard video) discuss the game's hands-on from the Vegas event over the weekend.

EDIT: also, later in the show, a fun discussion of 80's sexual mores vis a vis Rick Rude fucking wives from town to town.

When do they talk about it on the podcast? It would be cool if more podcasts would time stamp their discussions like Nextlander does. Always makes it easy to just jump to subject I want to hear people talk about.

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

When do they talk about it on the podcast? It would be cool if more podcasts would time stamp their discussions like Nextlander does. Always makes it easy to just jump to subject I want to hear people talk about.

Just for you, buddy, I went back and checked.  2:14:33.  "He was genuinely like, for '87, this is the most gorgeous dude that's ever existed."  "Your wife got fucked by Rick Rude when she went to a show, 100%"

EDIT:   LOOOOL I assumed you meant the Rick Rude talk.  They talk about the game at 39:40ish.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

Sadly, we know from Steve Austin that Rude wasn't going around fucking a bunch of women. He was just going back to his room and getting stoned as fuck.

I don't think I would have ever guessed that Rude was such a huge stoner.

Holy fuck Day of Reckoning's tag matches are a pile of shit.  Can't control your partner.  Partner AI is terrible.  Opponent breaks up pins every single time.  Your only hope is to wear them down all the way and get a quick submission finish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Holy fuck Day of Reckoning's tag matches are a pile of shit.  Can't control your partner.  Partner AI is terrible.  Opponent breaks up pins every single time.  Your only hope is to wear them down all the way and get a quick submission finish. 

Heard horror stories about a fatal four way cage match in Day of Reckoning 2 season mode when I bought a Wii which you could play GameCube games on. Played Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and hated it even though I love the original and the new features from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 9:20 AM, Casey said:

THQ Nordic is owned by Embracer Group. The Saudis own 8% of Embracer under their public investment fund.

If it makes you feel any better, the Saudis also fund and own shares in companies like EA, Take Two, Capcom & Activision. And own minority stakes in a lot of other companies, like Boeing, Uber, Bank of America, Live Nation, etc.

Glad you said it before I did, if you dig deep enough the Saudis have their hands in a lot of companies. And it's not like other corps/governments have clean hands. "No ethical consumption in capitalism" and what not. 

• Like 2

Someone on the FightForever subreddit has the game on PS5 already somehow (they provided proof all the way through this little AMA).

CAW slots are 100, but it’s pretty bare bones apparently. You can’t really edit attire for existing wrestlers, it’s more like giving them an alt attire that’s a basic tshirt or something. Road to Elite is really short apparently? Which would make sense I guess since there’s a trophy for beating it 10 times. He says the mini-games are pretty pointless.

No modding on PC apparently, the game is encrypted and 2K modders can’t get around it or something?

On 6/18/2023 at 4:15 PM, Casey said:

Someone on the FightForever subreddit has the game on PS5 already somehow (they provided proof all the way through this little AMA).

CAW slots are 100, but it’s pretty bare bones apparently. You can’t really edit attire for existing wrestlers, it’s more like giving them an alt attire that’s a basic tshirt or something. Road to Elite is really short apparently? Which would make sense I guess since there’s a trophy for beating it 10 times. He says the mini-games are pretty pointless.

No modding on PC apparently, the game is encrypted and 2K modders can’t get around it or something?

Could you should me the link to this? Did some searching and couldn’t find it.

4 hours ago, Octopus said:

Could you should me the link to this? Did some searching and couldn’t find it.

The OP deleted his post, he said he was going to do it after 5 hours but ended up doing it the next day. It was real though, he was showing screenshots of people like Malakai Black on the roster menu.

Most of the stuff like alt attires, limited CAW, etc could be fixed with a day one patch. He might not have been accessing the full game potentially.

• Like 1

Twitter user @HaangEmHiigh has some Fight Forever videos and shots, CAW related stuff, reveals that Maki Itoh's theme music is in! Other themes from non-in game roster noticed include songs of Aja Kong, QT Marshall, Pillman Jr., Varsity Blondes, Peter Avalon, Michael Nakazawa, Serena Deeb, Mel, Penelope Ford, Shawn Spears, Scorpio Sky, & Captain Shawn Dean along with the "Epic Prelude" version of Cody's theme. They've also included 8-Bit versions of a few (Cody, Starks, Dark Order, Penelope, Pac).  You can have wrestler themes play in the menus and during matches.

Cody & Aubrey Edwards are unlockable/purchasable in shop

The game soundtrack includes songs by Mikey Rukus, Swerve, Austin Gunn, Sonny Kiss, and three songs from Max Caster.

I'm guessing that they should be able to patch or update CAW as time goes on. If they're going to AKI route for CAW by just have static heads and bodies, then that's fine by me as long as there are more than 4 heads/faces to choose from. 

27 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm guessing that they should be able to patch or update CAW as time goes on. If they're going to AKI route for CAW by just have static heads and bodies, then that's fine by me as long as there are more than 4 heads/faces to choose from. 

You’re in luck - there’s 6-7!

Angel 2K Highlights has a 2 1/2 hour video on YouTube where he goes through the game and shows off a lot of stuff. I’m really hoping a lot of stuff is still locked behind a day one patch. Matches ending in >5 minutes on Elite difficulty isn’t promising.

Exploding Barbwire Deathmatch looks fucking insane though.

Edited by Casey

I preordered the Elite edition last night. If there's a legit rival for wrestling games it can only make 2K step it up more.

With that said as I've gotten better with the 2K controls I'm liking the game more and more. My only gripe is that some characters recover from attacks way too fast.