DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Video games are always coming soon until they're actually out. 

Also, good. Most of us have said to take as much time as they need instead of rushing something busted out the door and then killing any prospect of a second AEW game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

do game ratings really even matter? GTA5 is the 2nd best selling video game of all time. Call of Duty regularly tops yearly "best seller" lists. when i worked retail, i would constantly sell M rated games to parents for their 8 year olds.

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

do game ratings really even matter? GTA5 is the 2nd best selling video game of all time. Call of Duty regularly tops yearly "best seller" lists. when i worked retail, i would constantly sell M rated games to parents for their 8 year olds.

I would say it probably matters very little but not none. My mom was one of those mean strict parents that wouldn't buy me M games or let me see PG-13 movies until I was 13/R Rated movies probably never. But luckily, most parents aren't like her 🙂

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I would say it probably matters very little but not none. My mom was one of those mean strict parents that wouldn't buy me M games or let me see PG-13 movies until I was 13/R Rated movies probably never. But luckily, most parents aren't like her 🙂

yeah, i would tend to agree that there is still a minor outcome based on game ratings but definitely not major.

definitely a bigger deal with movies vs. games. a kid (generally) can't afford a $60 game, but could buy a movie ticket. so if he/she is really interested in a game, they are likely to need their parents to buy it for them regardless of rating. i surely dealt with a number of adults who wouldn't purchase an M rated game (and where i worked required scanning an ID for M) but i never saw anybody bat an eye for T (and no such restrictions applied). 

I only posted the rating because the game needed a rating to come out. And to confirm any if things get removed with ratings adjustsments, but it doesn't seem anything was removed in regards of content related to the ratings system, maybe blood in the game is just less bloodbathy. Or maybe not.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Official full roster (not including future DLC). People are mad that Sasha, Naomi, and Mandy aren't in but I find none of that to be a surprise, I wouldn't have expected them to be.

https://wwe.2k.com/2k23/roster-list/

By my very quick count there are 4 people who have already changed gimmicks (complete with name change) from how they are appearing in the game

Noam Dar hasn't wrestled for them since mid-July

This list also reminded me that Cameron Grimes fell off the face of the Earth

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

By my very quick count there are 4 people who have already changed gimmicks (complete with name change) from how they are appearing in the game

Speaking of obscure wrestlers, Sarray is not on the list even though as far as we know she is still under contract with WWE. I just figured she was either one of the Visa issues or stealth injured but not a good sign for her if they took her out of the game since she was in last year's.

• Sad 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:01 PM, RIPPA said:

Isn’t he rumored to be Uncle Howdy?

I saw a recent interview with Kenny where he was talking being frustrated about taking so long to get rated. That the game is actually fully finished and been done for awhile, and it just took a long time to get it down to a T rating. They had to take some stuff out. And also speaking to how it's disappointing that the game is fully finished and will be a bit dated now by release. The rosters wont be totally current, the looks wont be totally current, the arenas will be the old ones not the current ones.

But I do believe this will be coming out shortly. And that's what TK's announcement on Dynamite is this week probably. That the game comes out next month or whatever. Bad timing too because now they'll be directly competing with the new WWE 2k game.

42 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

From that video, it looks like they just disabled blood staining the canvas entirely - so you have Danielson covered in blood, but the canvas is white as snow

Odd choice

Not an odd choice if the ESRB required it, they probably had to get down to T. WWE games with blood don't have stained mats either as far as I can remember and I don't recall anyone ever being critical of that..... 

17 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not an odd choice if the ESRB required it, they probably had to get down to T. WWE games with blood don't have stained mats either as far as I can remember and I don't recall anyone ever being critical of that..... 

Then why specifically show gameplay footage mixed in with footage from a real match where the game clearly can't match the imagery of the actual footage

If the idea was to say "hey doesn't this look realistic?", the answer is a resounding "no"