DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Have we ever seen any financials from game companies for just how much money they get from Game Pass? I imagine it depends on how big the game is. Maybe this is THQ Nordiq hedging their bets on the popularity of the game and trying to at least make some money up front.

besides Microsoft executives saying they’ve paid out hundreds of millions to developers in licensing fees over the years, I don’t think so.

There’s a Gamespot article from earlier this year that mentions Microsoft said they’ve paid indie developers in the ID@Xbox program around $2.5 billion in royalties.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

The board is being weird about twitter, but AEW games posted that they don't anticipate being on any subscription services, so I guess that's a no on the game pass thing.

Per WON - this was the Twitter post

AEW Games has commented on WrestleZone's report, writing on Twitter: "The internet is buzzing about #AEWFightForever but @AEWGames is THE OFFICIAL source for all news and info related to #AEWFightForever. Hang tight for a new, exclusive AEW: Fight Forever update next Saturday, Nov. 19 during #AEWFullGear! This also seems like a good time to share that we don't anticipate #AEWFightForever being part of any monthly gaming subscription services. AEW: Fight Forever will be available in store at your favorite retailers or online. Reserve your copy today at: https://aew.thqnordic.com"

Now that being said - it could be them trying to not lose pre-orders

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Makes you wonder if they are removing Punk completely or just de-emphasizing him going forward on the cover/in gameplay clips.

I think CM Punk will still be in the game like Bret Hart/British Bulldog were in WWF War Zone. You just won't see Punk on the cover and in promotional gameplay.

Damn, that's looking really good.  Interesting they showed a couple different clips of intergender matches, including a hardcore match.

Gran Akuma with a cute story about using King of Colosseum to fuck with Eddie Kingston

https://twitter.com/__AKUMA/status/1593815439662280704?s=20&t=fFKdGwxra-BDVlxgfRdhyg

• Like 1

I'm interested in this game, and will probably get it. It looks a bit floaty and I don't love the animations, but the game's pacing is most important. If they can capture that momentum-based ebb and flow of a match, I'm happy.

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

ok, here's a random ass question. 

on the cover of WCW's Backstage Assault, who is Goldberg fighting with? the combination of blond hair, singlet top, and tattoo on left arm isn't checking any boxes for me. ideas?

130057-wcw-backstage-assault-nintendo-64

It's Nash.  The picture is mirrored; Goldberg's tattoo is on actually his left arm.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

Makes you wonder if they are removing Punk completely or just de-emphasizing him going forward on the cover/in gameplay clips.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:27 PM, The Natural said:

I think CM Punk will still be in the game like Bret Hart/British Bulldog were in WWF War Zone. You just won't see Punk on the cover and in promotional gameplay.

News:

@Casey.

• Like 2

I don't actually want them to be this super-mean and petty, but it would be funny if they gave him a finisher that was a badly blown buckshot lariat. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: All I really want out of an AEW wrestling game is to have the five basic B-button moves be a puch or chop, a kick, a collar-and-elbow tie-up, an Irish whip, and a Canadian destroyer.

Claudio Castagnoli Did Not Make The Cut For ‘AEW Fight Forever’ Launch Roster

“[I am] not in the version that [initially] comes out I would think because I joined too late. And it was already like, you know, probably in the finishing stages.”

“I have no clue how it works with downloads or like downloadable content or whatever. But I’m sure somebody will create me if there’s like a character creator mode or whatever it’s called. So I don’t think originally, but I’m sure that will change. … I’ll keep my fingers crossed,” said Claudio Castagnoli

• 2 weeks later...