DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Yuka is in the game.

The game will be available on the following systems... the Switch, PS4, PS5, XBOX series X/S, X Box One, and Windows.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Fuck. I wanted them to look more like action figures or toys than the real thing. 

Truthfully, how many fans who play wrestling games actually care that the wrestlers look totally realistic? As long as the face looks good and the tattoos are in the right place and there's weight detection, I think that's all that matters. No Mercy and VPW2 are the all time best and the faces in those games all look like variations of Rocky Dennis and no one gave a shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 weapons, mini games and daily/weekly challenges. That's a lot of weapons. They recorded audio for Darby's skateboard so I reckon that'd be one.

edit: Good Lord I hope that box art is a prototype and not the real deal. Dog shit of the stinkiest odor. 

Edited by Jiji

10 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The box art and more screenshots out but I don't have the links on me.

Seems the fire extinguisher works the same as it does in the DOR series.

FZKiIr_acAceX3i?format=jpg&name=large

It would appear the bulky character models have been scrapped. These look pretty good, I gotta say.

The bottom right screenshot has Abadon, Thunder Rosa and Yuka Sakazaki in it, if anyone is wondering.

Bigger versions:

Spoiler

8l4glwbnjbf91.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

3h61fxbnjbf91.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

v9flvwbnjbf91.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

oi0olwbnjbf91.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

cs1mdwbnjbf91.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

Edited by Casey

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Good Lord I hope that box art is a prototype and not the real deal. Dog shit of the stinkiest odor. 

?  i thought that was a fake leak to get people riled up. if that's the official final design then ?

i really hope this game is good though. haven't loved a wrestling game since n64 (although i've only played a few since, and even some of those were pretty good)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

New Footage

Wait so this is what they're showing on August 12th but they released it or it leaked early? Lmao

Anyway, there's a lot I like here. Love the weapon interactivity. The gameplay def looks like a mix of mostly smackdown and a bit of no mercy. That's awesome and it looks fun even if it's not very polished and some of the animations don't look great and gfx aren't very good for 2022. 

But, uh, wtf are those mini games? Tell me why you son of a bitch?! Tell me why?! 

Also, love love how they emphasize how it's easy to pick up and play. It's usually difficult to make an interesting game easy to pick up, fun to play, but difficult to master. If they nailed that it'll wash away all my worries about everything else and is most important for their first entry. I want a game to play local co op with the homies. 

Edited by Jiji

38 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

New Footage

Yay to the Dr. Britt Baker/Tony Schiavone interactions. Meh minigames.

26 minutes ago, twiztor said:

?  i thought that was a fake leak to get people riled up. if that's the official final design then ?

Thought same as you, bud.

Edited by The Natural

Man, I don't know. That footage didn't look very good. What they need to do is what 2K used to do and do a stream where developers and others are just playing the game. Give me 30 minutes of that.

• Like 1

To be honest, the mini games remind me a lot of the shit they started putting in Tekken and knowing that Kenny is a fan of Tekken, I wonder if that was maybe his idea to just add something goofy and silly to do while you're sitting on the couch with your buddies just to break up the monotony.

• Like 2

so assuming AEW isn’t involved in the scummy business practice of offering pre-orders with no announced release date (which is a stretch since there is no ethical consumption of capitalism) - maybe we get a release date at All Out? Before then? I just want a release date, really. And give me a collector’s edition, I’ll double dip I don’t care.

Especially if Luther is in the game ???