DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Apparently everyone who signed up to appear as a Thunderdome fan might also be in the game. Because it was in the T&Cs they didn’t read.

11 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

So I guess Kenny Omega is in the game.  Didn’t he show up on one of the screens on SD?

EgjOOXgWsAA5dW2?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/2/2022 at 11:35 AM, AxB said:

Apparently everyone who signed up to appear as a Thunderdome fan might also be in the game. Because it was in the T&Cs they didn’t read.

Holy shit.  One of my MMMShow cohosts might be in the game.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, AxB said:

Fuck, I forgot Chris Benoit's final photo was used one time and a Fire Velveteen Dream sign as well.

Edited by The Natural

Denkops watched that gameplay video and didn't have a bad thing to say about it. On the other hand, I was confused when it came to reversals, or the Breaker system in particular. So there's a strict reversal button, Y/Triangle, but to reverse grapples and combos, you need to hit the same button your opponent was using for the move. Doesn't that just lead to the issue they had before they implemented the saved reversals where you're just reversing every move? Seems like a very weird system for reversals. That's the thing I think No Mercy nailed the best. You wouldn't reverse every single move, but the ability to time a block or dodge to reverse a strike and the ability to reverse a grapple some of the time was excellent.

Anyway, the gameplay did look good, but I'm not sure about the camera angle being so close and low. It makes the ring look really tiny.

Yeah, defense seems pretty elaborate but something that could be really fucking great once we're acclimatized. I'm overall really impressed with the gameplay and animations. Certainly not enough to preorder but I'm likelier to buy than I was before. The "verticality" in the backstage area sounds sexiful.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Craig H said:

Yeah, I'm firmly in the "not going to pre-order, but will buy it if word of mouth and YouTube videos are strong enough to show that the game is actually good" camp.

Don’t worry.  I’m taking the hit for all of us.  But my take on the game will be complete malarkey since I don’t actually PLAY the game.  I just use it for my sim league.  But I can at least tell you not to buy it if Becky Lynch’s skull leaves her head skin again.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, odessasteps said:

Was finally able to order the hdmi cable I need for my Dreamcast to hopefully start streaming GG2000 and TR 4 by the end of the month. 

Dreamcast in HD is amazing.  I've been playing a lot of Soul Calibur lately and it still looks great.

• Like 2

Physics look real ragdoll-ish when the jibber gets thrown through the light tube ropes. But the table animations look better than WWE’s shit.

I’m cautiously optimistic, same way I am with the Wrestling Code.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:49 PM, Brandon Bones said:

Don’t worry.  I’m taking the hit for all of us.  But my take on the game will be complete malarkey since I don’t actually PLAY the game.  I just use it for my sim league.  But I can at least tell you not to buy it if Becky Lynch’s skull leaves her head skin again.  

I obviously backed out of my 2K20 preorder once I realized the situation, but I'm considering preordering this for the NWO stuff, mainly the Souled Out arena.

That legends trailer was pretty disappointing. Really wish we had a handful more, especially since I don't watch the current show anymore - I've just worn 19 out.

Like you, I'm mostly into doing my own fed and UM, so ultimately, as long as the creation suites are solid, I'll probably be happy.

We need some Yukes x AEW news...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

We need some Yukes x AEW news...

I feel like they'll release stuff once the hype around 2k22 wears off. I hope they don't rush it more than anything else. Only can make one first impression and people have high expectations. Fire Pro fucked itself by releasing a buggy game and only fixing it over time. I know people want great gameplay and the bells and whistles, but I'd really hope the primary focus is on getting a great match engine going before spending too many resources on match types, modes, and creation stuff. I went back and watched the Jungle Boy trailer again last week and it's not quite as janky as I remember it,  but there's definitely a lack of weight to the animations (I get that stuff like ropes not moving much for springboards will likely get fixed). There's also a weird frame skip every so often.

My hopes for 2k22 were non existent, then they started releasing info and I was moderately looking forward to it, but that gameplay of Rey and Priest has me pretty fucking hyped sadly.

• Like 1