DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

The only way I would buy this WWE game is if reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the gameplay was tighter, back to basics, and closer to No Mercy, DoR, or maybe even Here Comes the Pain (which I tend to think is overrated after playing it again recently).

Another edition 

nwo-jpg.1313541

"Pre-order now and receive exclusive 3-Day Early Access. Take over with the WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition, which includes MyFACTION EVO Cards, playable nWo versions of “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx & Eric Bischoff, two arenas & more."

I'm just wondering...what does the promotion look like for NBA2K? Do they still bother with showing off gameplay before those games come out? I don't recall seeing a ton for them and so maybe that's just their mindset for WWE games. Maybe they just have this thought that people know what to expect, put together a hype video showing off new modes, ship it out, and then people will just buy it like they normally do.

13 hours ago, D.Z said:

Another edition 

nwo-jpg.1313541

"Pre-order now and receive exclusive 3-Day Early Access. Take over with the WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition, which includes MyFACTION EVO Cards, playable nWo versions of “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx & Eric Bischoff, two arenas & more."

I'm really looking forward to this new Legends of Wrestling game.

Can't wait to start my career as Jackie Fargo and move through the ranks.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm just wondering...what does the promotion look like for NBA2K? Do they still bother with showing off gameplay before those games come out? I don't recall seeing a ton for them and so maybe that's just their mindset for WWE games. Maybe they just have this thought that people know what to expect, put together a hype video showing off new modes, ship it out, and then people will just buy it like they normally do.

While I see where you are coming from, the issue here is that what the fans expect is for it to be absolutely dog shit like the last one. So if they want us to not think that, some footage and walking us through the actual gameplay changes would be nice ?  My understanding was the reason we got no 2K21 WWE game is that sales were down for the 20 version due in part to the reception for it, I don't think banking on people buying it regardless would be a great strategy. its not COD, I don't think their built-in automatic buyers is a high number.

• Like 2

Just to go with the NBA 2K question - for one piece of comparison

The trailer that was labelled "Gameplay Reveal" was done on August 30 for a game that came out on Sept 11

But to go to Kevin's point - there is general built in acceptance of how a basketball game is going look year after year - so waiting that late isn't crazy

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

Another edition 

nwo-jpg.1313541

i haven't bought a WWE game since whichever it was on the GameCube. but an nWo edition? that would tempt me. luckily (for me), it's not coming to Switch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

While I see where you are coming from, the issue here is that what the fans expect is for it to be absolutely dog shit like the last one. So if they want us to not think that, some footage and walking us through the actual gameplay changes would be nice ?  My understanding was the reason we got no 2K21 WWE game is that sales were down for the 20 version due in part to the reception for it, I don't think banking on people buying it regardless would be a great strategy. its not COD, I don't think their built-in automatic buyers is a high number.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just to go with the NBA 2K question - for one piece of comparison

The trailer that was labelled "Gameplay Reveal" was done on August 30 for a game that came out on Sept 11

But to go to Kevin's point - there is general built in acceptance of how a basketball game is going look year after year - so waiting that late isn't crazy

I think Rippa kinda hit on what I'm trying to get at. 2K likely doesn't give a shit and thinks people will buy it no matter what do why change their marketing strategy to placate an audience that the marketing department probably doesn't see as being all that different as the audience for other games. I think it just goes beyond the built in acceptance of what the NBA games look like. I think their marketing department treats it all the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

To be fair, if you buy it, 2K sends a pilled up and incoherent Buff Bagwell to your house to play it with you for an hour.

He may also shoot you, so, you know, buyer beware.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He may also shoot you, so, you know, buyer beware.

I was listening to the We Watch Wrestling podcast a month or so ago and one of the hosts bought a Bagwell cameo for the other for his birthday.  They played it on air but had to edit it because he just rambled so long.  He ended it giving out his personal cell phone number, so anyone who watched the cameo can now call Buff's cell.  The guy is definitely not doing well mentally. 

Edited by Technico Support

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I was listening to the We Watch Wrestling podcast a month or so ago and one of the hosts bought a Bagwell cameo for the other for his birthday.  They played it on air but had to edit it because he just rambled so long.  He ended it giving out his personal cell phone number, so anyone who watched the cameo can now call Buff's cell.  The guy is definitely not doing well mentally. 

Yeah, I remember that. I was pretty excited because they had talked for what felt like years about trying to do something with Buff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That NWO edition is $119.99 which is just absurd

Collector’s Edition is $200 and only comes with a replica Rey Mysterio mask (and a steelbook) as far as I can tell.

Edited by Casey

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

Collector’s Edition is $200 and only comes with a replica Rey Mysterio mask (and a steelbook) as far as I can tell.

This might be nit picking but is there even a Collector's Edition. It isn't listed on 2Ks website under versions of the game and another website I saw said this

The top edition of WWE 2K22 is called the "nWo 4-Life" edition, however, it is only available in Digital Format.

For the first time in over 10 years, WWE 2K22 does not have an "actual" Collector's Edition with physical items. There are no physical items included in the nWo 4-Life edition.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This might be nit picking but is there even a Collector's Edition. It isn't listed on 2Ks website under versions of the game and another website I saw said this

Looks like it’s an Australian EB Games version, actually.