DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

On 11/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yes. But allow me to suggest one tweak: What if there were 3 or 4 moves per commentator that made a talking head pop up like the TOASTY thing in Mortal Kombat? Hit a Superkick and Excalibur's head pops into frame yelling Superkick Party. Falcon Arrows Excalibur yells she's / he's done the deal.

Tony Schiavone's would just be Excalibur calling a Tope Suicida, followed by Tony repeating the phrase Tope Suicida as if it was a fine wine.

That, and the full arm drag and twist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'd buy it. The games acct is also responding to Uno about Wacky Races in a light hearted fashion but I would pay good money for an AEW game in that mold. I just even referenced Wacky Races during the ppv when watching the first 5 minutes of Orange vs. Silver. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 1:19 PM, Eoae said:

AEW-Video-Game-Yukes-645x370.png

The face scan looks good, but the upper body looks odd to me.  It looks like Kenny Omega wearing a Kenny Omega body suit.

Not that interested in wrestling video games any more, but I'm really intrigued by this project. 

That looks fucking awful, like a vinyl Giant Gonzales bodysuit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

All I really want out of an AEW game is that the four basic B-button moves be a punch, a kick, a collar-and-elbow tie-up, and a Canadian Destroyer. 

LOL. Gotta replace the kick with a super kick though.

What about though, instead of making a Dark Order dating sim, they made a Dark Order dating site? Find single Dark Order members in your local area?

And then you go on there, any d everyone's profile picture has them in a creeper mask.

17 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Wrestlefest was the greatest. Played with my 9 yr old daughter last night and we won the tag belts.  Imagine wrestlefest with a deeper roster and with 1 on 1 matches.  It would be huge. Shocked it didn't happen. 

FWIW Retromania is supposed to be the spirtiual successor to Wrestlefest.  It was supposed to be out by now but at this point it'll be early next year.

20 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

FWIW Retromania is supposed to be the spirtiual successor to Wrestlefest.  It was supposed to be out by now but at this point it'll be early next year.

I've been following them or at least I was quite a bit. I somehow missed some updates and recently saw Nikita Koloff will be in the game! Talk about random.  I saw some of the game play and it looks a lot more like fire pro than wrestlefest or at least it did at the time. I'l definitely be buying it.

I also was one of the few who played the Chikara video game.  It was a fun WWE All Stars type arcade style. With all of the recent Chikara developments it sadly looks that the game will not see the light of day. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I responded to that stating what I would love is a career mode where you're working your way up the rankings.  With WWE's career modes it had some neat ideas at times but was mostly not at all what I was looking for.  Mainly the inane cutscenes and weird settings just took me out of it.  But it would be cool to just have one where you take out the higher-ranked wrestlers and work your way up from jobber to champion.  Maybe toss in some text-based story where you have a side feud going once in awhile but that part I don't necessarily need in it.

• 2 weeks later...