DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

10 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

If you aren't that hardcore about it, don't get it, but it'll lock you out of downloading new wrestlers that use the parts/moves.

I don't think they did a physical deluxe in the United States.

It goes on sale a lot digitally so you could always wait for that too.

If I buy the day one version and dig it a ton can I just download add ons and piece together the deluxe or do you have to get it in one shot? Sorry for all the questions appreciate the advice!

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Nothing stopping you from doing that. You just won't be able to download a whole host of the edits online. The old ones should still be up though, so it's not like you don't have any options.

I see that the move craft add on is free and the certain additions cost more than others like the NJPW 2018 roster addition is 7.99 but the NJPW Junior Heavy Weight scenario is more.

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

What kind of game do you think Yukes is making right now? Are they allowed to use their engine or do you think 2k owns that shit? Starting from the ground up for the next gen may be interesting. Maybe they do something very cartoony instead? But it'll be nice to have Fire Pro and hopefully some legitimate competition for 2k from Yukes and AEW. 

Yuke's announced in May 2019 that it was working on developing a new, unlicensed wrestling game.  

No idea who owns the rights to the engine.

Edited by Eoae
typo

Did anyone get the 2K WWE Battlegrounds game? 

All the videos I've seen make it look like a grindy situation. (Like other 2K exploits.) 

I did enjoy NBA Playgrounds 2,so there's that. 

And I do realize that Playgrounds is not a good representation of basketball, much the same as Battlegrounds from what I've seen. 

Ummm...so I got the deluxe edition like I said in my last post but I can’t really see that it is the deluxe edition when I go to play if that makes sense. Also, this game is not all that easy to pick up and play. Is there a guide or something that I can look at? Sorry to spam with all these questions! Thanks in advance!

Other than playing a little of fire pro on the GBA, I was a bit of a noob when I started playing World on PS4. The key to to it all is timing your button presses on the grapples. Like the VPW/Revenge/WM2000/No Mercy grapples, press the right button and direction to do different moves. Unlike those N64 games though, it has to be pressed at the right moment or you'll lose the grapple. Once you get that down its loads of fun. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

Other than playing a little of fire pro on the GBA, I was a bit of a noob when I started playing World on PS4. The key to to it all is timing your button presses on the grapples. Like the VPW/Revenge/WM2000/No Mercy grapples, press the right button and direction to do different moves. Unlike those N64 games though, it has to be pressed at the right moment or you'll lose the grapple. Once you get that down its loads of fun. 

Thanks man, I honestly need some kind of cheat sheet to have in front of me while I play until I get the hang of it.

Yeah, the tutorial is hidden in Mission Mode. Which you think they'd have labelled it a bit more clearly, but maybe they were assuming it was only going to sell to longtime fans of the series. Or it's actually made very clear in the manual for the Japanese version, but they never bothered translating it for Western fans.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. Best wrestling game I've ever played. Still play it to this day along with Smackdown vs. RAW 2006.

1. Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.

2. Smackdown vs. RAW 2006.

3. Fire Pro Wrestling GBA.

4. Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth.

5. WrestleMania 2000.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

AEW Games announcement is tomorrow at 6 PM EST. And from TK's press conference, it sounds like there is something like 3 games in development.

I don't know about y'all, but if I see that Syn Sophia is making a wrestling game again, I'll likely go as crazy as I did when Fire Pro World got announced. I also wonder if that game is going to be for PS5 and new Xboxes only with an entirely different game developed for the Switch.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I don't know how to feel about that. It certainly makes sense that if you can't get Syn Sophia you go with Yukes after they were cut loose by wwe. I just hope it is fun and not too arcade-like. The NJPW Yukes games had tonnes of specific animations, so I'm guessing if you see a wrestler do a move on TV you'll see it in the game. It's hard to know how much of the wwe series was Yukes and how much was THQ/2K.