DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/6/2020

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Yep.  You can work a sleazebag gimmick at any age.  Havoc already looks too old to be working whatever that goth/emo/edgelord 1997 Hot Topic gimmick is supposed to be.

I think that's a good observation about Havoc.When Havoc won the Progress Title he was 29. Now he's probably had himself quite the fun 30s to say the least and I wish him well, but these things can take their toll and he is looking a bit worse for wear. You gotta get some good suits if you want to be a credible lush in your late 30s.

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s Velveteen Dream Vs. Cole. I think those two have outlived their usefulness.

I'd rather watch Jim Ross tell personal stories of his teeth cleaning appointments than watch Adam Cole do anything, so yeah...

So I think it's safe to say that Sammy getting run over by the cart is a top 5 all-time favorite Dynamite moment.  I must have watched that damn clip at least a good 5 or 6 times and I just laugh like a goddamn madman everytime.  The visual of Sammy running for his life, Matt's hair during all that and Kenny hanging out yelling was just sheer perfection.  It's something where I had to add the Youtube video with that into my playlist just so I can easily pull that up.  I also got a kick out of Matt asking for memes on Twitter which has led to some pretty hilarious results.

Fuck it, I think it is my all-time favorite moment.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I thought it was Triple H who was retconned as the guy that ran him over?

Correct. This led to the wonderful survivor series match, I want to say, where Austin used a forklift to destroy Triple H's car with Trips in it. "You never, never, nerver sawr it coming, Austin." 

Ah, so he was just the mastermind behind it not behind the wheel. 

Edited by Oyaji

GrcsGyI6?format=jpg&name=smallLe Sex Gods vs. Kenny Omega/Matt Hardy was such fun and we need some fun with what's happening in 2020 through the coronavirus crisis. I'd have it as one of the best AEW matches to date and a MOTYC such was my enjoyment. The gimmick changes mid-match has revitalized the Broken Matt Hardy persona. Respect to Sammy taking that golf cart bump the way he did, fuck. Yeah, I liked that match a lot.

I don't think I've seen anybody bringing the following up...Broken Matt Hardy saying "Do you want to indulge in the spot monkey?" to Kenny Omega when Jericho was laid out on the tables near the scissor lift. That cracked me up.

Edited by The Natural