DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 5/6/2020

Dolfan in NYC

As someone who has no interest in the generic hard rock/nu-metal that WWE traffics in, that entrance was pretty interminable to me, although I did really like the fog lingering in the ring. I'm also not all that stoked about another rear naked choke finisher. Dude definitely has an aura, though.

I imagine that entrance will play really well for a few weeks, but once you’ve seen them do it the exact same way 30 times, like every other WWE animatronic entrance these days, Scarlett’s vamping is going to be ultra-cringe.

• Like 1

- After seeing that entrance and presentation, I'm sure Hunter wants to bang both Kross and Scarlet. It's certainly a wild entrance though I'm not sure having her do Luna Vachon faces is how I'd present Scarlet on TV but Hunter does have a type. 

- That should be about it for a wildly overrated Dream. These empty arena shows have exposed that without a crowd Dream is one of the least-competent wrestlers in the company and the character is so cringe now. Combine all that with his myriad of personal problems and I really don't see him lasting much longer. 

Addendum: people need to realize that Dream is more likely to be No Way Jose and Adam Rose than the Rock and Hulk Hogan.

Edited by Hagan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man, Kross' entrance was awesome and he looks like he belongs in WWE, but with that entrance, his look, his whole presentation, just the complete package, why not just bring him up to the main roster? Seems dumb to waste this kind of debut in NXT. Raw and SD have sorely lacked debuts like Kross' and the weeks that have lead up to it. Even still, he's a shot in the arm for NXT, which has felt extremely bland and stale.

I'm pretty much over Dream and none of that has to do with the recent allegations against him. Me being over him has been built up since he returned and this was pretty much the end of it. It's crazy. I can't think of someone else who rose so high before being injured and then falling so low after his injury. Like, he couldn't do anything wrong before his injury and now he looks bad in the ring his character is shitty. Maybe being booked as the face in the feud with Strong had something to do with that, I don't know.

@Hagan is right.

• Like 1

Velveteen Dream reminds me of a dude that Vince Russo would have wanted to push as World Champion in the Attitude Era and Austin would have refused to work with because ‘sumbitch can’t even throw a damn punch or run the ropes properly.’

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
14 hours ago, w. josh said:

I'm also not all that stoked about another rear naked choke finisher.

The RNC is a great finisher, specially the arm trapped version, but unfortunately it's played out at this point as Joe and Shayna also use it.

He should do a Dragon sleeper variation with the arm trap. Maybe even lock both arms with his legs. That would be gnarly.

EDIT: Or speaking of trapping arms, he could just use the Rings of Saturn like absolutely nobody does anymore

Edited by Curt McGirt

Another good episode.

Interim Cruiserweight Tournament continues to bring the goods.

Totally up for Robert Stone Brand building a stable... the faster the better (and the quicker Chelsea goes over the edge).

Karrion "Killer" Kross with the heavy metal cover entrance... might as well, we had the death metal entrance already.

Cannot wait for Flair/Io full match at a special.

I'm totally up for a weekly reading of Wrestlin Bible According to Finn.

Velveteen Dream's big problem was his terrible timing on the injury; right before the impromptu main roster invasion then comes back right before the shit hits the fan. Doesn't help that in between, he was booked like Edge during his Smackdown reign. He's wardrobe stylings is second to none still.

Edited by turk128

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

EDIT: Or speaking of trapping arms, he could just use the Rings of Saturn like absolutely nobody does anymore

I can already see the comparisons to him looking like a giant Perry Saturn now.