DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

I sleep all day, so I usually play anywhere from 4PM CST to 6AM CST. Weekends it's different, since I work nights and I have no WiFi. Maybe a few minutes to an hour around 5:30 AM/6AM when I get home.

Today should be the last day of my turnip drop - that being said I am not getting about 180 (if I am lucky) the rest of the week

Saharah is on my island and I don't know how to feel about it

I'm cool with it because I want to collect all the rare wallpapers and flooring.

Leif, on the other hand, is giving me nothing useful and keeping Redd from showing up.  Screw that guy.

I do wonder - now that everyone has figured out the pattern and frequency of when folks arrive - if they will tweak at least Redd

Since he by far is the one everyone/need wants (especially since you can only buy one piece each visit)

I mean at the rate I am going - I will never finish the art wing

Hopefully they'll just make Redd one of the guaranteed once-a-week vendors.

Apparently villagers that you're friendly with can send you pieces of art in the mail, so at least there are alternate paths to getting art.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh speaking of visits - I had my first "Celeste shows up but no meteor shower" visit last night

That happens all the time to me. But I also usually play without sound, so I may miss the meteor showers sometimes. 

Like i said yesterday, maybe Redd is Infrequent as a way to get people to visit each others islands. 

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Robot Roll Call

AM Bell Price : 49

visitor: CJ 

178 right now for turnips and Flick on the island, which has been useless this morning because it's been raining.

The wife found a graduation cap in the Abel Sisters shop yesterday so she bought it for the 18 year old, who had his last day of school yesterday. She couldn't find a gown though, so she went online and asked if anyone had it or knew how to get it and some random person from Italy time-traveled a couple of days to when he saw it in his and sent it to her. It's a little thing, but the world can be nice. 

• Like 2

Last night a friend from a different forum had a birthday party for her kid in Animal Crossing.  Tonight a different person's kid is doing an AC fashion show.

It's neat the way people have been using the game as a communal space during the pandemic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CSC said:

178 right now for turnips and Flick on the island, which has been useless this morning because it's been raining.

I need to see Flick because I have 3 Scorpions in boxes waiting to be a statue. ???

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It probably wouldn't work for this weekend (or maybe it would)

But we probably need to set up the virtual swap meet that @supremebve wanted to do a few pages back

I was going to do that when you came to visit but I forgot to swap out my inventory before you landed. 

Yeah, my Switch decided to drop connection as @supremebve was on his flight over. Stupid connection.

I'm going to leave my Switch on for a while in case anyone else wants to drop by. I appreciate all the stuff everyone dropped, too!

Also, anyone that drops by my island can take whatever they need.

Edited by Gonzo