DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Does anyone have a decent turnip price?  I bought them for 106, and my highest price all week was 120ish...now I'm at 96.  

I feel like I haven't seen any prices in the almost 2 months I've been playing that were anything to write home about. Most weeks have been buy prices right near 95-100, and then never big spikes in prices. It's a far greater hassle to make Stalk Market money in this version. Buy price for me this week was 97, I'm sitting on 75 currently. 

I'm going to try to catalog my prices in on of the turnip predictors for this week coming up and see what I can figure out.

6 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I feel like I haven't seen any prices in the almost 2 months I've been playing that were anything to write home about. Most weeks have been buy prices right near 95-100, and then never big spikes in prices. It's a far greater hassle to make Stalk Market money in this version. Buy price for me this week was 97, I'm sitting on 75 currently. 

I'm going to try to catalog my prices in on of the turnip predictors for this week coming up and see what I can figure out.

A few weeks ago, I had a 500+ day, but I didn't have that many turnips.  Everytime I buy in bulk I can barely break even.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I've come to the conclusion they arent worth the hassle. 

I didn't buy any for that exact reason last week.  I can make money pretty quickly, because I have a decent amount of hybrid flowers that attract expensive butterflies.  I just bought my basement though, so I was trying to get lucky so I can pay off the 2.5 million loan.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I think Mark slammed the gates shut on me as I was mid-flight ?

Honestly, I think it was just an internet thing.  I was on the island and got booted too.  It has happened to me a couple times over the last couple months.

We have only in the last week or so had really consistent travel sessions. Up until then, we would land on someone's island and maybe get a handful of minutes to explore or whatever before getting kicked. And if you don't travel back of your own volition, none of the stuff you had in your pockets comes with, and none of the new fish/bugs you caught get cataloged because it never had an opportunity to save your progress.

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think Mark slammed the gates shut on me as I was mid-flight ?

I looked over at my switch and saw “communication error.” I wasn’t even using it at the time. ? 

was trying to show Phil the Pitfall trap and he was talking to one of my villagers and I fell in it myself. At least I got miles for doing it. 

Edited by odessasteps

So I fired this up today for the first time in about a month. Managed to miss the birthdays of both my island residents, one of which was on 27 April and one on 29 April. Yes, my island is so far behind that my first order of business today was to find the three plots of land for the three new villagers that will be coming once I get all their furniture built.

Also added my stuff to the Google doc. It appears that I'm the only person set up in the Southern Hemisphere as things stand right now.

If someone can break down for me how I can let you folks visit my island, I'll do whatever to let folks come by and do some fishing/gathering/whatever they need to do.

I HIGHLY recommend going to @Gonzo 's island if the gates are open

The whole Southern Hemisphere thing is a game changer

I got 2 new bugs and 2 new fish including the motherfucking sturgeon (which had left the Northern Hemisphere before I started even playing)

And now that I know that the flora and fawn is completely different I am bringing flowers the next time (and definitely stealing mushrooms)

I also realize now that I need to bring bamboo over

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I HIGHLY recommend going to @Gonzo 's island if the gates are open

The whole Southern Hemisphere thing is a game changer

I got 2 new bugs and 2 new fish including the motherfucking sturgeon (which had left the Northern Hemisphere before I started even playing)

And now that I know that the flora and fawn is completely different I am bringing flowers the next time (and definitely stealing mushrooms)

I also realize now that I need to bring bamboo over

The flip side is that you're going to burn yourself out on this way quicker so when this stuff comes back in a few months, it won't matter to you.

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

How?  I'd definitely do that, but I thought you can only have one island.

I am guessing they just have two Switches and just visit back and forth

Just now, Matt D said:

The flip side is that you're going to burn yourself out on this way quicker so when this stuff comes back in a few months, it won't matter to you.

I am gonna be honest - the chances I will still be playing in 6 months when it flips back to the seasons I first missed seem slim to none (mainly due to all the other big releases that will have come out by then)