DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

The one "issue" with only starting this week is that everything is backed up

So like the museum is closed for the 2nd time this week for renovations.

And member services will be closed tomorrow because Tom Nook finally decided to expand.

At least Lief finally showed up today

Two days in a row I traveled to another random island with a Nook ticket and each time the island only had my native fruit, cherries. 

I also saw and caught my first scorpion on my home island. That was really weird and random. Creepy too. Scorpions and way creepier than tarantulas. 

Edited by Craig H

I presume you have watched the videos by now on how to trap scorpions/tarantulas more effectively, esp on their islands. 

I've missed my streak at least twice now. Luckily, nook miles accumulate fairly quickly. 

I honestly haven't watched more than 1 or 2 Animal Crossing videos. I'm completely jealous of all of the power players who have these palace-like islands that are completely sculpted and everything, but I don't have the time for that. As it is, I'm still paying off my debt of 348k bells for my recent home addition. I at least have the bells for that, I just haven't paid Tom Nook yet.

My daughter has taken more of an interest in re-doing some parts of our island. She wound up creating a strip mall of sorts near the town square that made it more convenient for buying and selling.

I think I am going to have to get the extension on my house just for all these pieces of music equipment I keep getting.

Literally everything that falls out of the sky or that a villager gives me is music related

I am working an event tonight from basically 5:30 - 8:30 pm EST so if you hop on and see my gates are open - feel free to visit.

I just might not actually be playing - I might just leave the game running. Depends on how busy I am.

I don't really have much to offer besides Apples and Leif being here today (my turnip prices are shit) but if you visit - then we can take the relationship to the next level and I can start sending folks the weird ass shit I have already been getting.

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think I am going to have to get the extension on my house just for all these pieces of music equipment I keep getting.

Literally everything that falls out of the sky or that a villager gives me is music related

I had to pass on the cello because it was 133,000 bells. 

I have all my musical equipment set up on the beach for an "outdoor concert." 

If you have your island open, I might come by just to help to get that achievement. (Edit: or not, since I dont get home until 2200.)

I only had time this morning to get my fossils and buy stuff from Lief. So I might be grinding for a while tonight, planting new flowers.

If you need oranges,I can bring trees. 

Edited by odessasteps

Jesus Christ.  Between this dumb event in Destiny 2 and the new TWAB sunsetting gear, I could be knocking coins out of rocks with a shovel and growing turnips in a month or two.

A little frustrating that the first time I can get on Redd’s boat and he is selling nothing but fakes

I grabbed the fake Venus de Milo just in case this is supposed to happen but I’m thinking it was just bad luck

Wait, you mean to tell me Danny Trejo not only plays Animal Crossing but is doing this?  What a weird and wacky time this is, folks.

@RIPPA I'll ask my wife to add her information to that Google doc as she's been knee-deep in this game since it came out.  Not sure about visiting tonight but I'll at least make sure she sends a friend request.

Aaaaaand her information has been added to the doc. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I am futzing around with my gates open at the moment.

God I hate not having access to member services today. I can't deposit bells so I am taking up extra pocket space because there really is nothing to buy.

The cheek of the Nook boys to sell a pink flamingo two straight days

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am futzing around with my gates open at the moment.

God I hate not having access to member services today. I can't deposit bells so I am taking up extra pocket space because there really is nothing to buy.

The cheek of the Nook boys to sell a pink flamingo two straight days

They are a couple, mr and mrs flamingo. 

I've seen video of at least 1 weeding on someone's island.