DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

So the way the fruit works is that your island will have one "native" fruit and then there will be one "sister" fruit that you can find on the rare fruit islands.  If you want any of the other fruits you'll have to get them off of another player's island as they won't spawn on your Nook Ticket islands.

Don't be like me and waste a bunch of tickets trying to find fruit!

So either Coconuts aren't consider a fruit or this isn't exactly right

Because my island has apples and I have been to islands that have coconuts and peaches

I mean I am suspecting Coconuts aren't "fruit" since the island that had peaches also had coconuts

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So either Coconuts aren't consider a fruit or this isn't exactly right

Because my island has apples and I have been to islands that have coconuts and peaches

I mean I am suspecting Coconuts aren't "fruit" since the island that had peaches also had coconuts

You're right, I forgot about coconuts, which can grow on the beach anywhere.

Managed to get all three of my new plots finished today so in theory - all the folks I invited to the island will be here tomorrow

Now to work on all the things I ignored because I had to farm like a billion pieces of wood

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Have you figured out how to minimize your axe breaking? 

If you mean by resetting the counter by customizing- I am aware of it but I can’t customize yet

Tom Nook only offered the workshop this morning 

• Like 1

Do Turnip prices always start really low?

I obviously don't have any to sell yet but I am just curious because I haven't gotten out of the 50s yet

So I don't play this thing, but 3/5th of my family do (with the other being 2 years old). There are significant limits to the amount of engagement I will endure in this time of pandemic and I don't necessarily cross the streams (I mean other than Mark who has been a friend of family for a decade plus). BUT, as wife and kids are griping, if any of you guys have really good Turnip prices, let us know here and if we have them, I'll do the same and at that point friend codes can be bandied about.

Edited by Matt D

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Managed to get all three of my new plots finished today so in theory - all the folks I invited to the island will be here tomorrow

They'll come one per day for the next 3 days, so like everything else in the beginning of the game - you gotta wait forever for it.  

Yeah I learned that the hard way - and since Coco was the last one I met I have to wait two more days

I have hit a point where Tom Nook is all "I got nothing for ya!"

So I am started to reorganize my island a little

34 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Id get a head start on planting flowers and buying stuff, either for the house or scenery.

Funnily enough - the first thing I did was set up a plot of pansies. Mainly because I had that fencing Tom Nook gave me and I was like "Might as well use it for something"

I am trying to just sell, sell, sell so I save and pay off my 2nd mortgage before I even take it out

I assume folks in here are using Turnip Prophet to chart their turnip prices and to know when to sell on their islands, but maybe not?

The link's in the name. It's a great little tool.

Where is this Google doc that @RIPPA mentioned? I went through the entire thread and couldn't find it.

I need to go to some friends' islands before Friday - never done that, anyone up for it? Might have to talk me through it. If anyone wants/needs pears, that's the fruit that's native to my island. My island is pretty basic right now still - trying to build staircases and bridges before I grind for bells/miles to make the island look fancy (only have a one star rating so far).

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

Where is this Google doc that @RIPPA mentioned? I went through the entire thread and couldn't find it.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, Zimbra said:

I made a google sheet for the thread to share friend codes and island info.  Please add yourself:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZoB04FWUMHk_c2X_S32XXbFerIp3bF76Du7svObTBoY/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Awesome, don't know why I didn't see that. Just put my info in. I'm pretty sure I have everyone that's contributed to that doc already added, but I'll double check.

Redd showed up this morning to swindle me out of my money and Harvey invited me to his island

Clearly nothing will go wrong with any of this

I bought a fake I knew was a fake, my wife bought a fake we thought was a fake, and our 10 year old bought what we think is legit, but he hasn't tried to donate it yet. I don't have any interest in the forgery guides or anything like that. Sometimes his stuff is art I well know enough that I can figure it out, sometimes I get burned. Price of doing business with a fella named Crazy Redd.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Redd showed up this morning to swindle me out of my money and Harvey invited me to his island

Clearly nothing will go wrong with any of this

Harv's island is not really anything that holds any interest for me, except for the fact that you can purchase a poster of an islander after you include them in your photos there. Some of the posters are pretty excellent. He's not trying to gaffle you, he just wants you to take photos inside his home studio.

Ok, so now that I put it that way, it sounds like he is maybe trying to pull some Terry Richardson shit.

Edited by grilledcheese

37 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I bought a fake I knew was a fake, my wife bought a fake we thought was a fake, and our 10 year old bought what we think is legit, but he hasn't tried to donate it yet. I don't have any interest in the forgery guides or anything like that. Sometimes his stuff is art I well know enough that I can figure it out, sometimes I get burned. Price of doing business with a fella named Crazy Redd.

Harv's island is not really anything that holds any interest for me, except for the fact that you can purchase a poster of an islander after you include them in your photos there. Some of the posters are pretty excellent. He's not trying to gaffle you, he just wants you to take photos inside his home studio.

Ok, so now that I put it that way, it sounds like he is maybe trying to pull some Terry Richardson shit.

Yeah, that's what Bob Crane thought, too.

• Like 1