DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

I didn’t trust Louie not to steal my shit

God is he irritating 

Because I’m obsessive- I legit might pay off my house before it’s actually built

That's probably a good idea, in my opinion. Later on, stuff like bridges won't be built until you pay off the loan, so it's good to get in the habit of paying it off before it's finished since disappointment is coming your way soon.

I'm sitting on like 700K in the bank right now, and it has all come from grinding bugs and fish overnight. My wife does all the island travelling, and she and the 10 year old have been worrying themselves with inclines and bridges. At 98K per each of the low end ones, I've been able to keep paying their new construction off while still having a surplus at the end of the day. I am still rocking the one-room home, but I feel good about it. I'll get to upgrading my home in the next few days or a week or so.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all the folks that are just plowing through and creating these amazing towns. This game has never instilled that kind of urgency in me. I love the idea of not being able to complete my fish and insect list until I have played for a year. I'm not even sure what I should be doing as it pertains to terraforming, and I look around and see the craziest of crazy shit that folks have up and running.

Also, can I just say that the idea of breakable tools can eat a dick? I don't know what the criteria is for golden tools yet, but I sure fucking hope that I don't have to keep replacing them when I get to that level.

• Like 1

Maybe that was my problem with the bridges/stairs. I chose a model that actually looked decent and wasn't just four logs tied together. Oh well, now I'm in the hole like 300K for one set of stairs.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Maybe that was my problem with the bridges/stairs. I chose a model that actually looked decent and wasn't just four logs tied together. Oh well, now I'm in the hole like 300K for one set of stairs.

We made one of the fancier bridges for our first one, and it looks nice enough, but it took us a few days to pay it off. With the basic ones, I can bang out 98K in like 90 minutes, less if I get lucky with larger fish or fancy bugs.

A couple of orchard's worth of foreign fruit also works wonders to grind Bells.

For the third week in a row I totally forgot about the stalk market and didn't buy any turnips. Putting this stuff in there on a Sunday morning is the worst. On weekends where I have my daughter we all get up and make brunch and do various activities. Like yesterday my daughter worked on learning how to use her sewing machine, I was cleaning, and my wife was cleaning. On weekends where I don't have my daughter I'm either sleeping in and doing yardwork or doing woodwork and my wife is usually doing something with our fish tank. Animal Crossing on Sunday mornings is the furthest thing from my mind and I really don't want to set an alarm to remind myself to go and buy a bunch of turnips.

Oh well. I'll try for it again next Sunday.

I skipped turnips this week. My price was 109 and I didnt feel like going thru the hassle of trying to find a good price. 

Unless you go crazy, you can probably make just as good a money making the daily hot item. Yesterday it was a frying pan which is only 2 iron.  So, I had like 40 some in my inventory, so I made 15 to 20 frying pans and made 40,000 or so. (Something like that. You get the point)

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I skipped turnips this week. My price was 109 and I didnt feel like going thru the hassle of trying to find a good price. 

Unless you go crazy, you can probably make just as good a money making the daily hot item. Yesterday it was a frying pan which is only 2 iron.  So, I had like 40 some in my inventory, so I made 15 to 20 frying pans and made 40,000 or so. (Something like that. You get the point)

I don't always do the hot item because I don't play it every day like I once was, but a few days ago it was a wooden stereo that sold for close to 5k bells. I wound up making around 30 stereos.

There is also a tedium to this that I don't like. When crafting, I wish there was a way to bulk craft items.

Edited by Craig H

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There is also a tedium to this that I don't like. When crafting, I wish there was a way to bulk craft items.

I have seen the top of multiple people's wish lists so you are not alone. They are all folks who stream the game a few times a week. But this is also Nintendo so I don't know if they truly even care about things like that.

I was thrilled to learn this morning that you can block donate to Blathers because I was dreading that since the Museum opened this AM and I had like 30 things to bring to him

Well now that I got my ladder and have three housing plots I have to complete - I have plenty to do.

Looks like I will be strip mining a couple of islands throughout the day.

I mean this game is clearly not designed to be played for more than like a hour a day. But it also was clearly not meant to be played during a Global pandemic too.

I am sure when I catch up in a couple of days it won't be this frantic.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Have you figured out how to move things in your inventory? That's an important thing to learn.

Oh yeah 

I have watched FAR too many Youtube videos. My recommendations are all fucked up.

Okay - I went through and added everyone on the Google Doc who hadn't already friended me.

I also added @Gonzo

At least per the sheet - I am the only one whose native fruit is Apples so if folks still are looking for them I will start saving them after I build these house plots (I have to build apple furniture for one of them)

Probably by the middle of the week - I will start leaving my gates open whenever I am online so feel free to drop by. I figure at a minimum this way I can start getting folks on the Best Friend list and then can send folks stuff

It just seems “rare” among the folks playing here.

Go back a page or two and find the Google doc Zimbra posted - it has folks wants and things they can offer

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It just depends. I think Team Matt and I both have oranges. 

One of the rare islands is "rare fruit island'" which I think has all the fruit. Never been there.

So the way the fruit works is that your island will have one "native" fruit and then there will be one "sister" fruit that you can find on the rare fruit islands.  If you want any of the other fruits you'll have to get them off of another player's island as they won't spawn on your Nook Ticket islands.

Don't be like me and waste a bunch of tickets trying to find fruit!

Edited by Zimbra