DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:56 PM, Death From Above said:

The best one I've seen on stream is Octavian, whose house interior is literally the motherfucking moon.

Octavian is kind of a fuckhead, and he has been all the way back to Animal Crossing (GC). But he's my kind of fuckhead, so I am looking forward to him moving in to my town. And Jane, a real nice purple gorilla. I hope she is still around as well.

I didn't even consider how many of you guys would be playing this. My wife and I are heavy-duty AC players, all the way back to the original. When I get home from work, I'll throw my code up if anyone wants to come through ever. Pacific Time, but I am up all goddamn night so we might be able to work around the time difference.

Anyone interested in doing a catalog share this weekend?  I can set it up on my island, and everyone can bring 9 items to share from their catalog.  See the below video for details on how it works.  Reply if you're interested, so we can figure out a time.

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It could not possibly have released at a more opportune time.

Between our two players on our island, we've already pumped over 400 hours into the game and we don't even have any fucking black tulips yet, let alone all the other things there is to do in this game.  Us and a group of 4 other friends have watering parties nightly that last at least a couple hours just going to everyone's island and watering EVERYTHING to try to get hybrids.

Just the ultimate time sink.

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Anyone interested in doing a catalog share this weekend?  I can set it up on my island, and everyone can bring 9 items to share from their catalog.  See the below video for details on how it works.  Reply if you're interested, so we can figure out a time.

I would be up for this.

8 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Octavian is kind of a fuckhead, and he has been all the way back to Animal Crossing (GC). But he's my kind of fuckhead, so I am looking forward to him moving in to my town. And Jane, a real nice purple gorilla. I hope she is still around as well.

I didn't even consider how many of you guys would be playing this. My wife and I are heavy-duty AC players, all the way back to the original. When I get home from work, I'll throw my code up if anyone wants to come through ever. Pacific Time, but I am up all goddamn night so we might be able to work around the time difference.

Octavian was one of my later neighbors and he is one of the grumpy old man types. 

But what sold me on him was how I gave him a spare doctor's coat last week, day after I gave it to him he was running around for two days wearing the damn thing. It was so cute seeing him do that Naruto run wearing that jacket. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Any good turnip prices today? Mine have been lower every day this week and now like 55 bells. 

Haven't heard about today but oddly enough we were talking about turnip prices.  It's very much playing the "Stalk Market" with how it's done which makes it fun for her to follow.  It seems like on past Fridays they haven't panned out as well for her though Tuesday or Wednesday seem to work out better.  But at this point if people end up acing the market every time then they might as well invest in the real stock market and make money.

Speaking of real world things being done in Animal Crossing I thought this was a neat article about how people are using the game while going through the pandemic.  The first example is typically a no-no for the game though I feel for her at the same time.  The other stuff just seems pretty darn neat.  https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/05/how-animal-crossing-has-become-an-experimental-playground-for-irl-business/

Edited by NikoBaltimore

I only do a handful each week. It’s crazy watching the big you tubers buying hundreds per week, but they have the advantage of thousands of viewers and need 1 person with a price over 500. 

• Like 1

I like to sleep in on Sundays so I haven't interacted much in the stalk market.  And the online is such ass that I'm not really trying to spend an hour trying to sell my bells on somebody else's island.

All my shit just arrived so basically once I finish my work for the day it will be on to getting everything set up

I really hope I didn't let me son use my email when he created his account

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All my shit just arrived so basically once I finish my work for the day it will be on to getting everything set up

I really hope I didn't let me son use my email when he created his account

Family tip. Whoever's going to be the most responsible/most active should be the first one to make a character. That person will be the only one that'll be able to do certain things if you have multiple people playing in a household. 

I am the only one who is going to play - part of the reason I got my own switch is my son has no interest in AC (And he uses it far too much for me to borrow it a lot. He is knee deep in the newest Fire Emblem at the moment)

I already can't wait till like next Feb so we can move to the Family Subscription deal for online as opposed to now that we each have our own account.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am the only one who is going to play - part of the reason I got my own switch is my son has no interest in AC (And he uses it far too much for me to borrow it a lot. He is knee deep in the newest Fire Emblem at the moment)

I already can't wait till like next Feb so we can move to the Family Subscription deal for online as opposed to now that we each have our own account.

The one good thing about the online pass is it allows you to use the NES and SNES online apps.  I think you can add up to 8 people as long as their email is in your "Family Plan".  Has been pretty useful as our friends have been making full use of that as well as us.  Of course if you have both systems hooked up with tons of games then this might not matter but it's still a neat option.

The wife and kids play animal crossing. I ended up getting a used copy of Link's Awakening and it's great but I didn't realize then we'd be getting the online pass and the SNES app. I would have just played Link to the Past and saved the money.

Well again I now have two copies of Mario Kart 8

I am also trying to transfer my profile and saves from my son's Switch to mine - I am sure this will fail miserably

I'm tempted to get my own Switch so I can play Animal Crossing on it separate from my daughter's island. Not that I don't mind being a part of her island, but the way my custody schedule works is that I get her every Monday and Tuesday and then every other Friday through Sunday. So there's large gaps in time where she isn't playing and the island doesn't advance when I'm playing my character. The alternative is that I could just play her own character, but I do think it would be fun if she could play on the TV or handheld and then I could play on the TV or handheld and we could just visit each other's islands. The co-op play kinda sucks as is so that would be a way around all of that, albeit an expensive way around it.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, we may as well start sharing our island codes.

Are those different than the codes that were being collected on the Google doc earlier?