DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

The first day of Animal Crossing is the worst.

I'm stuck on part of my island. I can't get across the river to the part with a bunch of untouched land in it until tomorrow. In the meantime, I've sold about fifty thousand bells' worth of fish to Timmy and Tommy and I'm going back every hour for ten minutes to try and find a scorpion. 

By this time next week, I'll have all the tools and land I need to play the game properly. In the meantime, I have like thirty aquariums that are full of fish that I'm waiting to offload. 

"We risked our employees' and customers' health so our already-failing business could hold on long enough to get bailed out by the government" is the kind of thing that gets you lined up against a wall somewhere.

Anyway, Animal Crossing is real good and just what I needed right now.  Come visit my island: SW-1387-4643-5506

• Like 1

My wife told me to wait to give Animal Crossing to my daughter until Easter. What I'm wondering in the meanwhile is...why is this game so popular and loved? It doesn't look like you do anything. It just looks like a cutesy version of the Sims. I guess I don't get it.

Meanwhile, my daughter is totally amped for it and keeps watching YouTube videos for it.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

My wife told me to wait to give Animal Crossing to my daughter until Easter. What I'm wondering in the meanwhile is...why is this game so popular and loved? It doesn't look like you do anything. It just looks like a cutesy version of the Sims. I guess I don't get it.

Meanwhile, my daughter is totally amped for it and keeps watching YouTube videos for it.

It's a debt simulator where you work off your house payments by doing chores. 

That's it. That's the game. 

• Like 1

Nook is pretty cool in this game.

Seriously, though, Animal Crossing games appeal to the "catch 'em all" collector types, the craft-and-customize types, and the Sims types because they do all of those things really well. The game is pretty funny and has an appealing aesthetic, too. 

And at this point in our timeline, they are a heck of an escape. 

On 3/23/2020 at 7:18 AM, Zimbra said:

"We risked our employees' and customers' health so our already-failing business could hold on long enough to get bailed out by the government" is the kind of thing that gets you lined up against a wall somewhere.

Anyway, Animal Crossing is real good and just what I needed right now.  Come visit my island: SW-1387-4643-5506

Request sent.

If anyone wants to come check out my (pretty barren) island, I'm at SW-5000-2358-7630.

1 hour ago, turk128 said:

someone forgot to logout of their official account...

pFEG64K.png

They're right, you know. It's 2020 and Nintendo still figures out ways to make anything online related draconian and absolutely torture to do. It's like you are being punished for the times changing when Nintendo won't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Day 4 of Animal Crossing. 

Rain. No museum yet. 

Still need iron nuggets.

A frustrating playing experience. 

Use your Nook ticket and go to a random island. 

They're great for grinding for bits you need. 

I finally have enough bells to pay off my home expansion, so it will be ready tomorrow. 

Which is great because I've maxed out my home storage slots. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I'm slowly getting nuggets but I wish you could just buy them from timmy/tommy.

I have like 20 specimens sitting around in boxes waiting for the museum to open. 

I really want the ladder. 

You're using the shovel trick to farm iron, right?