DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Did you get screwed because of the bug hunt and fireworks?

It was more that he showed up on Monday 2 weeks ago, didn't repeat last week and then waited till Friday this week

Phil leaving lead to a flurry of activity for me.

I realized that all the fake pieces of artwork that I had surrounded his house with so he remembered his shame no longer needed to be out.

I cleared the entire plot wanting to finally move the house plot over like 3 feet. Well I forgot you can't move empty plots.

So Vivian moved into today so I was like "Yes - lets try again" and Tom Nook is all "it's rude to move her house so soon" so I gotta try again tomorrow.

And the real kick in the teeth is that I know full well the game probably won't let me as it will probably be "oh this one pixel overlaps!"

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I realized the other day that I had never recruited someone who was camping on the island as always replace an empty slot first thing that day. 

Well I have only had it synch up twice where someone showed up when I had a vacant spot (funnily enough this weekend was one of them) but they are always the dirt worst.

And the game really wants me to take Naomi back as for the third time in a row - when I went searching for a new villager, Naomi was on one of the islands

• 2 weeks later...

So of course Marshall shows up in my camp when I have no open houses

So if anyone wants one of the top two most sought after characters - come on over

EDIT - Okay - I might try the method of forcing someone to leave so Marshall can stay.

I put over 400 hours in AC over the first 12 months of release, then just kind of lost interest in early April and none of the updates have grabbed me. But my wife still plays like crazy, and has really gotten into it now that more Amiibo cards have been released.

Our two mainstays are Hazel (one of the original villagers) and Bones. Dena let Fauna go a couple of days ago after almost a year, and is now filled with regret and might be bringing her back.

Phil left last week who was my 2nd longest tenured villager. I never got his picture but he was on the top of my "villagers who can leave" list

I have pictures from Beau, Bluebear and Molly so, while I would hate for any of them to leave, they really don't have a purpose anymore

I definitely don't play nearly as much as I used to

10-15 minutes in the morning doing the daily stuff and then checking my turnip prices in the AM and PM. I almost never log on at night anymore

If I’m at work, I play right at 0500 to see who the daily visitor is and do some daily stuff. 

if I’m off, I try to wake up once before noon to check turnip prices. 

and play off an on throughout the day a few minutes at a time to accumulate stuff. I’m still very far away for the final totals on things like fish, bugs, etc. and I’m still way far away from the final turnip selling achievement.

I just need the Sea Pig (which returns in Nov) and I will be done with Bugs, Fish and Sea Creatures

I will never finish artwork - 2nd visit in a row from Redd where he has nothing I need

Hopped on for the first time in forever last night and the game was definitely like "You miss me!  Here is Redd and a Meteor shower and tomorrow is the Bug Off please keep playing remember how much fun I am!"

Then Redd only had fakes, Celeste was nowhere to be found and the Bug Off has the same rewards as before with very little reason to do it again.

• Like 1