DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

I noticed for whatever reason a lot of people dropped off in the summer - both here and even streams I watched. (If I had to guess it was after the July update but before the August update)

Like one place I always watch even did a "returning to my island after a month" live stream last week.

But yeah - the Sept update really needs to drop shortly as outside of just checking in once a day, there isn't much to do. (I already caught all the new bugs and a Salmon. I will hop on late tonight to try again for the Golden Trout)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I noticed for whatever reason a lot of people dropped off in the summer - both here and even streams I watched. (If I had to guess it was after the July update but before the August update)

Like one place I always watch even did a "returning to my island after a month" live stream last week.

But yeah - the Sept update really needs to drop shortly as outside of just checking in once a day, there isn't much to do. (I already caught all the new bugs and a Salmon. I will hop on late tonight to try again for the Golden Trout)

I think there were certain built in challenges to the game and then a sort of second tier to that in getting your island how you wanted it, and I imagine most people are in pretty good shape on those two major things right now. What they need are bridges to secondary smaller islands or something with a relatively big canvas for people to work on. 

I know just for myself - my island is basically want I want. I am at the very very tail end of my flower breeding (I have all the flowers I want - right now its just growing enough to fill the flower beds I laid out)

That is part of the reason I switched to focusing on the Critterpedia and while I am still irritated I never caught a Golden Stag

Well my concerns about catching both types of Salmon were unfounded.

Already got both and have stored up enough regular ones to be able to get a statue from CJ the next time he shows up

I'll open up my island over the weekend when I'm assuming more people will be able to take advantage of it.

Ghost of Tsushima has taken up all of my gaming time over the past few weeks so I've basically completely neglected my island.

Edited by Gonzo

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have only gotten one pine cone. Still haven’t gotten an acorn

The stupid tree recipe you get looks cool and ends up being the smallest fucking tree decoration ever.

Not worth the shaking.

I am now at 61% of Decreasing so I might have been right after all.

I think I will know for certain tomorrow after so I might wanna hop over to someone's island (granted I only have 300 turnips to move)

Boy - of all the places Gulliver washed up on this morning.

He was legit in the absolute top corner of my beach. I had to remove decorations to be able to get to him.

The only way he would have been more hidden if he was on the secret beach