DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

I've been slacking lately and only checking in morning and night for turnip prices.

Been doing chores because you shouldn't get behind in that aspect.

My villagers have been treating me as if I haven't spoken to them in ages as opposed to just the few days it's actually been.

As for the Bug Off today, I got around 190 points and after my 2nd ladybug umbrella I gave up.

Like @odessasteps I just wasn't feeling the vibe.

Just now, Travis Sheldon said:

They're buying turnips for 512 bells this afternoon at Nook's. 

I'll leave my gate open 'til around 4pm ct

Not home will try and come by before then. I think mine this morning were 45.

This is the 2nd week in a row I have sold on a day somehow had a large spike

That being said - I haven't been playing a ton this week due to work so I needed to move my turnips this morning while I was still assured a profit

Bubbles announced she was leaving this morning.

If I remember correctly - she was my first new resident (beyond your starter two)

I like her but I also want to keep the island fresh. Plus for someone who constantly said I was her best friend, she sure didn't want to give me a picture.

EDIT - HA! No sooner did I post that than I decided to give her one last gift and she gave me her photo

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Got a moray eel right at the end of the month.

I have gotten a bunch of them.

My issue is I am missing a lot of the stuff that is only available from 9 pm - 4 AM since I rarely play during those times

Like I missing at least 2 fish and there are like 3 different stags that only show up on coconut trees

I spent FAR too long running around coconut trees last night and this morning. Got 2 of the 3 stags I was missing.

Will be spending tonight running around like a loon trying to get the Golden Stag because if I miss it, it basically will be a year until I get my Golden Net (unless I can convince Gonzo to play in the middle of the night in December).

Speaking of golden tools - had the DIY for the Golden Slingshot drop from a balloon so that was nice.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I'm not worried about the missing bugs and the like.

I think this is the first one where I realized I wouldn't be able to get it for a full year. And it is more attached to getting the golden tool considering how quickly I go through nets and fishing rods.

Like a lot of the stuff that left in April that I missed comes back by the end of the calendar year. But the stags aren't back till July.

Just like the pressure to make sure I get the salmon starting tomorrow

While not advocating it, there is always time travel.

I decided to go slightly bigger w turnips this week, just to try and get closer to the achievement. 

But I bought at 100 even, so I will definitely look for someone with a big payout later in the week. 

Generally, if I make even a small profit, it’s fine by me. 

I think the most money I’ve made from turnips is the week I had a big spike and let people come to my island to sell and made $3m in tips/commissions.