DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I missed the red roses but now that I know where they are I can do them any time.

I have 2 purple pansies that refuse to breed any more (and all my other set-ups have been barren the last few weeks)

Funnily my blue rose duplicated itself this morning.

If you get tired of waiting for a 5 star rating - I can bring over Lily of the Valley since I have more than enough of those now

Once you have every flower you want, cloning fields produce WAY more efficiently that breeding fields.  As soon as our first stupid blue rose pops up, we're switching everything over to a couple cloning fields to get all the flowers we'll ever need.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I missed the red roses but now that I know where they are I can do them any time.

I have 2 purple pansies that refuse to breed any more (and all my other set-ups have been barren the last few weeks)

Funnily my blue rose duplicated itself this morning.

If you get tired of waiting for a 5 star rating - I can bring over Lily of the Valley since I have more than enough of those now

You saw my island, I am nowhere close to getting 5 stars, so I prob will take you up on the Lily of the Valley.  If you can part with 2, great, if not 1 will be fine.  I wonder if they would produce more if I don't have 5 stars?

If you can spare 1 purple pansy, that would be appreciated, too.  If not, not a problem.  I have a couple red breeding groups that haven't produced yet.

I have breeding groups all over the island, so prob best if I give the grid coordinates & the specific groups I am most interested in getting watered.  Once I get back on the game later I'll figure that out.

I definitely have a spare lily or two.

Once I get another purple pansy to spawn - I can give that up too (I wanna make sure I have at least 2 at all times)

All this reminds me that I need to water my own flowers.

Red Pansies - 2 groups near resident services, 1 top right, 1 bottom right

Purple/Orange Rose arrangement - F6 and B3

Red Roses - A3 (these are to breed the blue roses)

White Roses - C2 above my house, near the Bones vs. Skins basketball game

Orange Tulips - B6 and B5

Orange Cosmos - B5 and B2

Pink & Blue Windflowers - any of the 4 groupings of these 2 colors together in my upper 2 levels

Feel free to take some red, white, orange, or blue (that aren't being bred with pink) windflowers from the 2nd or 3rd levels if you need any.  My native flower, I've pretty much been letting them grow wild on those levels.

Let me know when you might want to stop by, thanks!  I've got the wrestling ring & figures set up in my basement.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

On 8/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Golden net & fishing rod are unlocked when you catch all bugs and fish.

Well I am never getting those then

I thought the number I saw for the shovel was 100 broken ones but that can't be right considering how quickly I go through them

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I have 2 real items from Red: mythic statue and perfect painting.

i’ll leave my gates open if anyone wants them.

You don't really look at the stuff do you? ?

Mythic statue is fake.

Fortunately I needed the perfect painting too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

The site i looked at said the fake statue has a round headress and real one has a cylindrical headdress. 

Yeah don’t use that website (I use polygon’s)

The giant earring is what gave it away as fake

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Hmm. Figured the AC Wikia was a good resource.

It is - you looked at the wrong game

You were looking at the line for New Leaf

I've gotten the Golden Slingshot (pop 100 balloons). Only a few bugs away from the net. Not too many fish remaining, either. Sharing the island with my wife has helped in that respect, as there are eyes on the island throughout the day. She's also someone who loves clearing a checklist, so I can futz around replacing all of my infrastructure with better infrastructure and planting orchards and whatnot while she knocks out the bugs. Heh.

BTW - the Gold Slingshot is 300 popped balloons (not 100) since that is the last nook mile “achievement”

I hate that the Gold Shovel is tied to Gulliver

Eugene announced he was leaving today which is fine except I am disappointed that I never got a picture from him.

Still sitting at only getting one from Deirdre - which is really weird when you factor in that she gave it to me AFTER I convinced her not to leave.

I don't know why Beau and Coco hate me so much

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Eugene announced he was leaving today which is fine except I am disappointed that I never got a picture from him.

Still sitting at only getting one from Deirdre - which is really weird when you factor in that she gave it to me AFTER I convinced her not to leave.

I don't know why Beau and Coco hate me so much

I swear some residents just won't give you a picture,  i talk to everyone everyday, give plenty of gifts,  and I've had two people give me pics.  The worst is the fakeout of sending me on a treasure hunt and giving me my 47556865556th track jacket. 

On the way out - Eugene left behind THREE gifts I had given him. Ungrateful little shit.

Well time to regift them to everyone else.

And off to find another villager