DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

7 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Is there any benefit to buying fakes? I wouldn't think there would be but I figured I'd ask.

Some of them do creepy things are night (like glowing eyes, etc...). If you look at one of the online guides - it will show you which ones do weird things

And some of them look so close to the original that it is worth it for Island decoration (like I have the fake Venus de Milo outside my Museum)

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I hang mine in the house. But thats about it. 

I only have the Venus de Milo and the fake that one resident gave me.

So the other day Deidre was the first resident who said they wanted to leave who I asked to say.

She immediately got into a feud with Beau who is my 2nd favorite resident so clearly she was lashing out.

And then in a separate awkward moment - I went to give Eve a present and she goes "Yeah - I am leaving". So I will keep this doorplate for the next resident.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So the other day Deidre was the first resident who said they wanted to leave who I asked to say.

She immediately got into a feud with Beau who is my 2nd favorite resident so clearly she was lashing out.

And then in a separate awkward moment - I went to give Eve a present and she goes "Yeah - I am leaving". So I will keep this doorplate for the next resident.

I've never had a resident give a present back, but I've had multiple jack me for shit I specifically bought and customized for decorations in my remodel.  I swear I've bought 54651652 simple panels, because every time I get one some jerk comes begging for one.

To be clear - she didn't accept and then give it back. Just before I could say "Here is this gift" She announced she was leaving. (Other best part is her name is Diva not Eve. Who the fuck knows where Eve came from but you can see how much I cared about her being on my island)

Now a resident will leave shit you gave them in the recycle bin after they left. I have gotten furniture and clothes back that way.

I am trying to find a Snooty character as that is the only personality type I don't have. Normally I don't care but I just learned that each personality type gives different type of DIY recipes

Of course someone really cool or a Tier 1 or Tier 2 will take precendent

Or what I grow bored of island hopping

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I dont even know what my villagers are, other than I presume the ones who talk about working out are jocks. 

Yeah some are obvious - like the jocks

Or like Curt who I got from your island who is Cranky

Naomi's catchphrase is "moolah".

https://www.animalcrossingportal.com/games/new-horizons/guides/villager-popularity-list.php#/

I currently have three tier ones and someone recently left. I'm holding out for a Coco but the last time someone left, I guess I either took too long or didn't try looking around enough and suddenly Pashmina moved in.

Anyway, Bug Off today. Your point total from the previous Bug Off carry-over so if you didn't reach the points for the plaques last time, you are good. The redeemed items are the same though so I'm pretty much done for the day. How many butterfly backpacks does one need?

Coco is my favorite and if she ever leaves I will probably stop playing

Beau is my other Tier 1

And yeah I giggled at Naomi’s catchphrase being moolah

Of course I am already sick of it

Not as many butterflies as last time.

However I’m lucky in that due to me redoing my island I have a bunch of trees and flowers right by the plaza

Got my first cicada shell - make sure to donate one to the museum

And Flick isn’t even trying to mix things up. Have already gotten three bug aloha shirts

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Coco is my favorite and if she ever leaves I will probably stop playing

Beau is my other Tier 1

And yeah I giggled at Naomi’s catchphrase being moolah

Of course I am already sick of it

Next time you are in her place, try opening her closet.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I managed 10 my first time through and got a bug wand.

I'm not as in to the bug-off since you can't cheese it with bait like you can fishing.

I think using spoiled turnips to keep respawning ants is the closest thing to bait. My max was about 14 using two turnips and whatever else is around. You don't get many bells from Flick but you do build up your point total faster.