DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I can't figure out how many spaces a single tree needs.  I'm trying to create a forest on the island with the campsite, and trees need too much damn space for it to look like a forest.  I want it to look like a huge forest from the outside, but once you venture down the dirt path it will be a cool little camping area, but I don't know if the game is going to let me do that.  We shall see.

I am pretty sure a tree needs one open space on all sides (though I don't know for the purposes of trees if diagonal matters)

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

You guys are really Animal Crossing capitalists.  I stopped buying turnips, because the stress of keeping up with the prices was not worth it, because I'm never short on bells.  I've paid off every home loan, and moved every single house on my island over the last couple weeks, and I still have well over a million in the bank.  I can't even remember the last time I withdrew any money from my account.  I literally make over 100K per day, just selling the bugs and fish I catch...with that said I generally only bother with the expensive bugs and only catch fish I think might be expensive.  

Meant to put this in the other response

I am almost at the point where money won't matter - that being said, I am replacing all my old infrastructure with the more expensive stuff so that is about 200K each structure.

But the biggest reason for me to still be doing the turnips is the "achievements" attached to them. Like I know there is something for earning a million bells (just cant remember if it is all in one sale and total over time)

I am trying to figure out if the game will let me move my house straight back like two spaces (so technically it would be overlapping with the current location) or if I have to move it somewhere else and then move it back

Buckle up folks - 95% chance of a large spike (thank God)

It is scheduled for tomorrow (Wed) AM prices. (I will know for sure if it is a large or small spike after this afternoon's prices)

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I have Red. I bought a real statie. I think i have 1 real painting and 2 fakes left.

All your remaining stuff is fake

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All your remaining stuff is fake

Red needs to be a guaranteed weekly visit.  Seriously, I already have every fossil.  I'm pretty sure I have every fish that has been available since I've had the game.  I'm very close to having ever bug that has been available.  The sea creatures just became available this month and I have almost all of them.  I go to the art section of my museum, and I think there are six pieces in there.  

And if they aren't going to make a weekly guarantee - they at least need to eliminate that 10% chance that everything he sells is fake

Getting that in back to back trips was soul crushing early on for me

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buckle up folks - 95% chance of a large spike (thank God)

It is scheduled for tomorrow (Wed) AM prices. (I will know for sure if it is a large or small spike after this afternoon's prices)

That's badass, I confirmed a fluctuating week just now. Prices will spike at somewhere around 140 for us as early as tomorrow morning.

Turnips are 523

I am opening my gates now

If you come to sell and have a free minute, do me a favor. To the right of my museum/T-Rex - you will see orange, purple and red roses. (Just across a bridge) If you can water them that would be swell. That is where I am trying to get blue roses from.

If I am not online it most likely is because I got kicked off because I went to walk the dog or something. Just shoot me a message.

Reminder these prices are only good to Noon EST

If anyone wants any of the following let me know. I will sell them at the end of the week otherwise (most of them are probably common enough that everyone has them but I figured I would double check)

• Pitfall Seed
  • Underwater Wall
  • Medium Cardboard Boxes
  • Starry Sands Flooring
  • Bamboo Sphere
  • Bamboo Bench
  • Shell Wreath
  • Shell Wand
  • Shell Lamp
  • Log Stakes
  • Log Stool
  • Iron Shelf
  • Underwater Flooring
  • Tall Garden Rock
  • Peach Surprise Box
  • Pear Dress
  • Garden Wagon

I am closing my gates so I can walk the dog and then do some stuff that requires me to have the gates closed (shop at the Sisters, do infrastructure changes, etc...)

I will try to reopen them by 10:30 AM at the latest

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Woke up at 1145 but didnt see you online,

will be curious what your afternoon price is.

If you give me 2 minutes you can sneak in

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I managed to sneak over before I had to leave for work (thank goodness for me being three hours behind you in real-world time) and left a commission near the airport.

You were the only person who came over

Redd is at my island today, but he only had one legit painting (the Mona Lisa) and I bought it. He had fakes of the quaint painting, the wistful painting, and the graceful painting.

Is there any benefit to buying fakes? I wouldn't think there would be but I figured I'd ask.