DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

With the layout of the family's island, I can get 6 pretty easily. It's very hard to get more. The wife was complaining so I did it for her long enough to get the anchor statue which was basically all she wanted. 

Oh, yeah, she modified the clock since we were busy before.She spent the last two weeks time travelling back to April and going through each day quickly to plan flowers out but ended up with everything she wanted (blue roses) eventually, even if the 8 year old was aghast that Pinkie barely remembered her.

Edited by Matt D

19 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I got to 100 and did a few more turns, but this was the grindiest feeling tournament.

AND...I accidentally sold CJ a new fish that I didn't take to the museum.

I only caught one new fish, so made sure not to do that. ? 

at least there isn’t one until October.

I've been playing this game since release day and I knew about the catalog feature in the app, but I guess I didn't have enough bells to worry about paying attention to what it actually did at that point in the game.

So I just filed that away in my brain until today when I was browsing the app and realized I could order most items that I had received.

So all this time I had been waiting for the last part of my wrestling ring, I could have just ordered the color I needed.

I also bought the Galaga-ish arcade cabinet in Nook's today.

It was 64,000 bells, but I was swimming in bells thanks to CJ.

I've been working on a gameroom/disco in my upper room, so the cabinet fit nicely with the pinball tables.

I found a good spot right next to my airport where I can keep dumping fish bait and not have to move at all. And it's directly below the square so I lose only a few seconds moving there. At the previous tournament my top was maybe 12. With more of the big fish around this time I couldn't get more than 10.

I actually have all my arcade/pinball games set up on one of the beaches. 

I was mainly sticking to the southern / southeastern beaches and going back and forth along them. I did manage to get a couple 7s but no more. 

Yeah with the layout of my island - it is a good 20 seconds before I get to the shore line

Now part of this is because I had to maneuver around all my flowers so I wouldn't destroy them

It appears that I might be in for a big turnip spike tomorrow in the PM time frame.

I hate going off of incomplete data. . .missed the AM prices because the shop wasn't open before I went to work and this afternoon they were at 138 (after I bought for 110).

If it does shoot up, I'll be sure to put it out here.

OH!

One of my residents sent me a painting in the mail.

I knew it was too good to be true. Yup - it was a fake.

So it is now outside his house as a reminder for what he did

Off the top of my head - besides the armor, I have that weird cat thing, the gold fish, a golden gear set and at least one other thing I am spacing on

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

i got my ocean sunfish tonight. 

That’s so weird to me since I’ve got at least a half dozen so far. In fact I have two in my vault and I’m waiting for a third for the next time CJ shows up

Redd is here and brought multiple real ones

I bought the Mona Lisa

He also has Girl with the Pearl Earring (Wistful) and Apples and Oranges (Famous)

Famous is also real and I have started at that earring for fucking 5 minutes to make sure it was a pearl for the Wistful

If you want one, let me know and I will open my gates 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you want one, let me know and I will open my gates 

Oooh I could totally go for the Apples & Oranges painting if you're still able to open your gates.  

Edited by CSC