DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

Just now, odessasteps said:

i guess the trade off for reorganizing the island is losing my 5 star rating, but really, does that matter once you get it? 

I guess outside of getting more Lily of the Valleys, no

That being said I haven't removed anything outside of flowers and trees. Plus I have added some decorations and bridges and inclines.

So each time I check with Isabelle - I am still at 5 stars.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I guess outside of getting more Lily of the Valleys, no

That being said I haven't removed anything outside of flowers and trees. Plus I have added some decorations and bridges and inclines.

So each time I check with Isabelle - I am still at 5 stars.

No matter how much I add, it's a constant battle to stay at 5 stars because she claims there are too many items laying around.

I think I've figured out that recipes and such that you put on tables don't count towards that, but if you put them on benches or stools they do.  

I am down to needing only one more flower and that's the blue rose.  After setting up a huge area to try to grow a black cosmo, one randomly grew in a totally different area where we weren't even trying so now we're just cloning the crap out of that one.  

10 minutes ago, CSC said:

No matter how much I add, it's a constant battle to stay at 5 stars because she claims there are too many items laying around.

I think I've figured out that recipes and such that you put on tables don't count towards that, but if you put them on benches or stools they do.  

She definitely doesnt like it if the recipes are on the ground. I found that the hard way because I had put a bunch out by the airport for people to grab and it instantly dropped my rating and she complained about things on the ground. I picked them up and immediately went back and I went up a star

I went to 4stars and assumed it was just my style of trailer-parking every item I get as a decoration somewhere.

One of these days I'm going to start dedicating myself to the flowers, but I've yet to find a video/charticle that holds my interest long enough to learn the ropes.

Had doctor appointments today, so I've yet to log in to the island, will be logging in as soon as the update is done.

Most of the flowers are straight foward

There are a couple though that require breeding very specific things

Obviously the Blue Rose is the big one because the "quick" way still requires 4 different steps and at least a month (either in RL or if you are Time Hopping)

Oh and they made it harder by eliminating Hybrid Islands

(Which I really wish a lot of these guides would update themselves since they rely and hybrid islands to get things done quickly)

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Isn't the tricky thing about blue roses is that you have to grow the special kind of red rose, which looks the same as a regular red roseml?

Yes - but there is a long way and a short way to get to the red hybrid step.

Without looking I think the short way produces more reds but a lesser chance of then getting a blue while the long way - the reds have a higher chance of giving you a blue

I am able to catch sharks all day long - I just think the spawn rate is higher at night

Like I caught a whale shark this AM and it was definitely pre-10 AM

No - they spawn all day long

The thing I heard was the spawn more during rain

But yeah - considering I play 90% of the time between 6 AM and 10 AM - they definitely can spawn in the morning

The great white spawns at all times of the day, the other three are from 4pm to 9am so you have a 2 hour overlap at the end of the tournament to catch them all.  

After not giving a fuck about my island layout for the most part, I'm going to embark on a super ambitious remodel of my entire island.  The northern third is going to be a neighborhood where all the houses are going to go.  The Southeast corner is the market district.  This is where all my store are going, and I plan on making it like a town center with fountains, gardens, and all that jazz.  The middle portion will be the nature portion, where the campground and the majority of the trees will be.  The southwest will be the laid back corner with a secluded 3rd level spa, and some other places to get away from the residents.  I'm going to have to reroute some rivers and build some cliffs, but if it turns out how I see it in my mind, it will be dope.

Got the marine pop wall, fish pochette, fish umbrella, fish rug, fishing rod stand, fish doorplate, fish tee and fish print as swag.

CJ wasn't buying any fish after the tournament was over so make sure you sell whatever you caught outside of what's in the cooler before then.

Next tourney is in October.

If you are going for points, catching sharks and big fish tends to slow you down a bit. Maybe not that big a deal in the long run, especially after you hit 100 points.