DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

If anyone still wants to get turnips, you can still get them at my island for another hour and 15 minutes since I'm on Pacific time. I've got my gate open. Fair warning, though, that they start out at 110 this week.

Highlight at Nook's Cranny today is an arcade fighting game for. . .you guessed it. . .64,000 Bells.

Also, thanks to everyone's generosity, which has been awesome, I now have an extra exercise ball and an extra punching (heavy) bag. So, if anyone wants them, let me know and I'll send them your direction.

We were at 109 this morning. After last week's poor showing, I was a little anti-turnip. Of course, that probably means this week will be a large spike. My wife sticks to a rule of "nothing over 100". I should probably do the same.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I legit never check my bulletin board. Heck I have written messages for people that I am convinced they have never seen

I only check when there is something new on it and I see the bird sitting on it. 

43 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Also got a giant clam. 

That's a good feeling. 

I kept all my extra fossils in case anyone wanted to trade. 

But after finishing the fossil section of the museum I decided to trim it to 3 of each kind and sell anything over that. 

Gotta make room in my inventory for sticks. 

I tried selling an unassessed fossil and got offered 100 bells. After showing it to Blathers, it was then 5000 bells. 

between finishing fossils and paying off my house, I expect to start having silly money soon. 

I have started a major island renovation and am already regretting it

I still don't understand how it costs more to build a shit bridge than it does to move someone's entire house

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Got regular Gulliver today instead of the pirate version. ? 

That was me yesterday

I wonder if Pirate Gulliver isn't going to happen until the August update

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh BTW - according to turnip profit - there is a 90% chance that my prices tomorrow AM (Wed) will be between 216 - 648

Update - it is now a 100% chance

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

That was me yesterday

I wonder if Pirate Gulliver isn't going to happen until the August update

One of my friends got him yesterday, so he's definitely available to show up.  

I wonder if that means then that you can get both Gulliver's in a single week.

Or if the game first chooses if you will get a Gulliver visit and then decides which version it will be

Solely from what I got yesterday and hearing they have changed algorithms for when visitors will show up - they seem to be ramping up the frequency of everyone showing up.  

Yesterday alone I had Gulliver, Wisp, Celeste (and Pascal but I think he is an every day thing right now) and the craziest night of shooting stars I've ever seen in the game.  

Yeah - Pascal is independent of everyone else

I have had Wisp and Celeste at the same time too so I think the night people do whatever the fuck they want (I mean they have their own rules but separate from the day people)

I haven't seen Celeste in like 10 days.

I know the night she showed up last week I forgot to play in the evening. Reason I know she must have been there is because during the day my residents were like "I hear we are getting a meteor shower tonight!". And then I fell asleep.

It also has been raining for three straight days on my island.